This didn't age well..... LOL

Rescooter

Section 243
Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So what will PJ Fleck actually be remembered for in 2018: Getting the Axe and winning big against Georgia Tech as a 5 point underdog. Despite the writer being embarrassed, I couldn't be more proud.

Bad losses happen... 2018 will be remembered as the year we brought the axe home. For sure. No doubt.

Waiting for the inspirational human interest story that'll be filed if St. John's ever turns around an erratic season and finishes strong.

The end of this year is when the "BIG" turn around happened and some if not all of Flecks amazing predictions are taking shape (I never believed they could happen) but I'm starting to happly believe. Its going to be a long 6 months - Can't wait!!

So what will PJ Fleck actually be remembered for in 2018: Getting the Axe and winning big against Georgia Tech as a 5 point underdog. Despite the writer being embarrassed, I couldn't be more proud.

You're as good as the last game, or games, you played. And the Gophers really ended the year well. So I do believe that will be the lasting memory. First time winning the axe in Madison since 1993. Bowl game to boot, winning overall record of 7-6.

Would love to see us take it to 8-5 next year!

Another reason not to follow Reusse on Twitter...

Honestly, why even bring him up?

He does this for a response. Any response will generate clicks and those clicks make him money.

Ignore him.

Bad losses happen... <b>2018 will be remembered as the year we brought the axe home. </b>For sure. No doubt.

Absolutely right. Everything else (from IL beating to Quick Lane Bowl won) will eventually be noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am under the impression some Yellow Jacket fans were saying the Gophers were going to get crushed. Anybody remember this statement?

I think the Gophers of 2018 will be remembered okay. I definitely think that had they stuck with their DC it
would have sunk the season and placed Fleck's tenure in extreme jeopardy. It was getting that way fast.
Fleck showed that he was capable and willing to make such drastic changes midstream, and that showed
people a side to him they weren't sure he had.

Since that change was made, they discovered a rather decent DC, and the Gophers have been a, shall I say,
very good team since then.

Robb Smith owes us all a public apology. I would take it in the form of him kicking Reuse in the nuts. People that only know how to give back handed compliments are rarely successful. It’s onenthingnto hold coaches accountable but successes should be celebrated as well.

I am under the impression some Yellow Jacket fans were saying the Gophers were going to get crushed. Anybody remember this statement?

Some Gopher fans were saying the Gophers were going to crush Illinois. Even GT fans can’t get them all right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom