Next year's depth chart

So you're saying Fleck covered up a crime??? No, I don't believe there is any chance of that happening. Not at the U .... not after the absolute scandal that happened with J Robinson.

Could be something like Marijuana.

I don't think PJ would call the police department and demand that a player's apartment be raided for illegal substances if they failed a drug test. He likely would just suspend them.

Could be something like Marijuana.

I don't think PJ would call the police department and demand that a player's apartment be raided for illegal substances if they failed a drug test. He likely would just suspend them.

I'd be OK with that, too. But just saying, and I don't think it is at all out of line here .... with what happened to J Robinson, he just needs to be very careful!

But again, that wouldn't make sense that KM wouldn't ever start for us again, because of that violation, which as I said could just be bad info or a bad guess.

The depth at O-line is a hope at this point...Olson, Andries, Faalele are solid... apparently Dunlap can play, Schlueter in some role can play.

After that, we are hoping on the unknown in Dickson, Schmitz, Beier, Sassack, Davis, York, Boe and Guedet...Cooper to gray shirt...would love to see a grad transfer or juco OL added to the mix...only 13 scholarship olineman on roster for next Fall as it stands now...PJ has said he'd like to have 18

You're right that any player who's never suited up for us is a bit of a question mark, but these guys are not really unknown. On paper, this may be the most talented group we've had in a long, long, time.

Dickson was highly recruited, with offers from TCU, UCLA, Colorado, among others. He would likely have started this season at RT if he were eligible academically. Barring injury, you can pencil him in at LT & he should be a very good player.

Curtis Dunlap is also very highly rated with offers from Florida, Arkansas, Oklahoma and others. It's a safe bet he'll be starting at Guard.

Jon Michael Schmitz is very highly regarded at Center, but finds himself stuck behind Olson.

Schlueter will be the swing Tackle, who can play either spot & Austin Beier should be the swing Guard.

You're dead right, in that it would be nice to have more depth, but Rome wasn't built in a day. A starting OL of Dickson-Dunlap-Olson-Andries-Faalele should be pretty damn good. Behind them Schlueter is experienced, Schmitz is pretty good & we'll just have to hope Beier is ready for prime time.

Well someone was saying he wasn't going to play LB here again, and made it sound like it was because of the violation. That could be bad info.

Is he not 21 yet? Must be close. None the less, a MIP is something. As is smoking weed. But suspending a player for either of those things? I get making an example out of someone, but those are two pretty minor offenses in my book ...

Mine too. Not PJ's though.

Dickson was academically ineligible.

I was actually just about to start a thread as I've had some questions about him.

I've seen some on here say he is academically ineligible and others say he hasn't played because he needs to focus on school etc.

Do we know 100% that he is academically ineligible and is that according to Burns, MJH or another reputable source?

Were some of his credits earned in JC only approved by the U but not the NCAA? Or was his GPA not good enough for the NCAA minimum requirement but the U decided to admit him anyways?

Thanks

Or was his GPA not good enough for the NCAA minimum requirement but the U decided to admit him anyways?

I don't believe there is such a thing as a "partial qualifier" at the Division I level.

It is an interesting situation, to be sure. Wonder if he's taking a defacto gray shirt or "maroon" shirt, with classes at the U to then re-apply to the NCAA minimums and pass? This is all wild guessing on my part. In that case though, it would be pretty much like you say .... the U admitted him anyway, even though he wasn't eligible to compete in the NCAA, but just so he could work on the credits he needed to obtain eligibility.

I don't believe there is such a thing as a "partial qualifier" at the Division I level

Happened with Jeff Jones, didn't meet the NCAA minimum GPA-ACT sliding scale eligibility requirement but was admitted to the U anyways and was then able to play in year 2.

Unless they changed the rule of course.

By that do you mean you agree with Break' In the Plane that he won't be our starting LB next year?

Or just in general, PJ considers those to be more than minor offenses?

But what did BtP actually mean?? Kicked off the team? Buried on the depth chart? Leaving early for the NFL?

Happened with Jeff Jones, didn't meet the NCAA minimum GPA-ACT sliding scale eligibility requirement but was admitted to the U anyways and was then able to play in year 2.

Unless they changed the rule of course.

I edited my post #69 ... you might just be correct on this idea.

But what did BtP actually mean?? Kicked off the team? Buried on the depth chart? Leaving early for the NFL?

I interpreted it to mean kicked off the team.

I'd think he'd transfer before leaving for the NFL and if PJ decided to keep him on the team then I think he would play him. Wouldn't make sense to have him keep his scholarship if your r just going to have him buried.

By that do you mean you agree with Break' In the Plane that he won't be our starting LB next year?

Or just in general, PJ considers those to be more than minor offenses?

Sounds like he had a few drinks the night of the big win. Might have made the mistake of posting it on social media. No legal trouble. Just a team rules thing. PJ runs a tight ship.

I interpreted it to mean kicked off the team.

I'd think he'd transfer before leaving for the NFL and if PJ decided to keep him on the team then I think he would play him. Wouldn't make sense to have him keep his scholarship if your r just going to have him buried.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if anything else comes to light. I'd be shocked if Fleck kicked a starter off the team for "just" having a few drinks to celebrate the big win. There would have to be much more backstory than that, I would think. Like repeated violations.

Hopefully it was just this suspension, to make an example and hopefully scare him into straightening up.

I was actually just about to start a thread as I've had some questions about him.

I've seen some on here say he is academically ineligible and others say he hasn't played because he needs to focus on school etc.

Do we know 100% that he is academically ineligible and is that according to Burns, MJH or another reputable source?

Were some of his credits earned in JC only approved by the U but not the NCAA? Or was his GPA not good enough for the NCAA minimum requirement but the U decided to admit him anyways?

Thanks

I honestly don't know the details. All I know is he had to take a year off to get his grades up before he could play, otherwise he probably have started this year. PJ isn't joking when he says he wants them to be elite in all aspects of their lives.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if anything else comes to light. I'd be shocked if Fleck kicked a starter off the team for "just" having a few drinks to celebrate the big win. There would have to be much more backstory than that, I would think. Like repeated violations.

Hopefully it was just this suspension, to make an example and hopefully scare him into straightening up.

I would pay zero attention to the poster who suggested he won't be here next year.

Sounds like he had a few drinks the night of the big win. Might have made the mistake of posting it on social media. No legal trouble. Just a team rules thing. PJ runs a tight ship.

Hearing it was a substance more severe than alcohol or weed.

please don't J Robinson ... please don't J Robinson ... please don't J Robinson ...

Well, this is a wild guess that is pure speculation, but I know some kids these days are into the adderall.

It's absolutely astounding to me that posters can still list Ibrahim as 3rd on a projected depth chart (especially behind two injured players). Talk about failure to incorporate new information!

Mo is very very good. He has a very bright future. I would still take a healthy Brooks over him in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mo is very very good. He has a very bright future. I would still take a healthy Brooks over him in a heartbeat.

Yeah - I think a healthy Brooks maybe even has a chance to break a couple to the house yesterday with the holes the O-line was opening up. How quickly people forget.
Look at the 1:15 mark here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deXMVrBKdug - I don't think Mo has this speed.
Or the 0:48, 1:30, or 2:04 marks here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmktJdxYbcI

Edit: fixed the 2nd link

Last edited:

Top Bottom