Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Default MSNBC tops Fox News for the first time since 2000

I went to sleep with the happy memories of the Gophers beating Georgia Tech and woke up to the happy news of Fox Right Wing News losing to MSNBC. Suddenly, 2019 looks like it is going to be a very good year.

"The Rachel Maddow Show" ended the week as cable news' most-watched program.

MSNBC topped Fox News in total viewers during the week of Dec. 17 for the first time since 2000 as its flagship "The Rachel Maddow Show" ended the week as cable news' most-watched program.

Sean Hannity, the network's preeminent host and "Maddow" competitor, is set to earn the title of most popular cable news personality this year, but his ratings have fallen 19% in the month following the midterm elections as the rest of Fox News' prime time slate have also fallen 20% in the same time period.

Read more at: https://www.axios.com/msnbc-fox-news...0f691dace.html
    Last edited by Cruze; 12-27-2018 at 08:06 AM.

Why is this good news? Propaganda is propaganda.
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    Yes. Couple of asshats on opposite ends of the spectrum. Both are unwatchable.
    Please consider donating to this site; especially if you are a frequent poster.

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    It is pretty much impossible to find a news outlet that doesn't have a political bias. Accordingly, the well informed person pays attention to all of the propaganda and then makes their decision about the issues. That said, if you don't know the difference between MSNBC and Fox then you haven't been paying attention. It should go without saying that people who tune into Fox News to inform themselves about the issues of the day become extremely ignorant right wing morons in very short order if they weren't that way already.
    Last edited by Cruze; 12-27-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
    It is pretty much impossible to find a news outlet that doesn't have a political bias. Accordingly, the well informed person pays attention to all the propaganda and makes their decision about the issues. That said, if you don't know the difference between MSNBC and Fox then you haven't been paying attention.
    Agreed but you are highlighting two that are way out at the opposite ends of the spectrum. People getting their news from the most biased, most extreme, most fake is not a good whether its fox or MSNBC. If anything we should be scared that MSNBC is becoming more popular. It is good that fox is losing viewers though.
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
    I went to sleep with the happy memories of the Gophers beating Georgia Tech and woke up to the happy news of Fox Right Wing News losing to MSNBC. Suddenly, 2019 looks like it is going to be a very good year.

"The Rachel Maddow Show" ended the week as cable news' most-watched program.

MSNBC topped Fox News in total viewers during the week of Dec. 17 for the first time since 2000 as its flagship "The Rachel Maddow Show" ended the week as cable news' most-watched program.

Sean Hannity, the network's preeminent host and "Maddow" competitor, is set to earn the title of most popular cable news personality this year, but his ratings have fallen 19% in the month following the midterm elections as the rest of Fox News' prime time slate have also fallen 20% in the same time period.

Read more at: https://www.axios.com/msnbc-fox-news...0f691dace.html
    Remove all of the illegals that were watching MSNBC and FOX wins big.
    MAGA

Blog Entries

Don't panic. KGF was on vacation. Fox will be back on top in the new year.

Fox News = CNN

MSNBC = Comedy Channel

This is immediately apparent to even the most casual of observers. I have no doubt that MSNBC gets good ratings among liberals looking for entertainment and reinforcement/affirmation of their beliefs, but it’s far from “news”.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Don't panic. KGF was on vacation. Fox will be back on top in the new year.
    I didn’t know that I had that much influence, but thanks anyway.

The truth is there’s more to life...unless you have TDS. Then you’re addicted to fake news and the clowns that deliver it.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    I didn’t know that I had that much influence, but thanks anyway.

The truth is there’s more to life...unless you have TDS. Then you’re addicted to fake news and the clowns that deliver it.
    Sorry dude, but given your propensity to immerse yourself in RW media/propaganda (including FOX News), that last sentence is extremely ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by cncmin View Post
    Sorry dude, but given your propensity to immerse yourself in RW media/propaganda (including FOX News), that last sentence is extremely ironic.
    Sorry dude, but I watch and read more Left-biased MSM than you do RW media. Fox News is something you only know about via MSNBC’s and CNN’s fictionalization, but otherwise know little about.

Sorry dude, but I watch and read more Left-biased MSM than you do RW media. Fox News is something you only know about via MSNBC’s and CNN’s fictionalization, but otherwise know little about.
    You may or may not be correct, depending on what you consider "left-biased MSM". I assume that you mean you are watching CNN or MSNBC for significant periods of time, then? Or are you reading Slate? Vox? The Daily Beast? HuffPo? (other?) And if so, why are you still so misinformed on so many subjects, as if all you are ever-immersed deep in RW propaganda?

I rarely watch any of them any more. I think that a lot of conservative Fox News watchers have gone to the internet for better, more factual and more in depth information where actual sources are cited and checked. If a person wants to cheer for their "team" MSNBC and CNN are at full on war with Trump so the left is fired up to hear them, while Fox has been tepid (other than Hannity) in their support for Trump. Hannity cannot run a decent interview because he interrupts non-stop. I just don't see what Fox has to offer at the present time- they lack an identity as they are torn between establishment R politics (which is losing badly) and Trump. Television is a terrible place to get the news anymore unless you want to see live on location coverage and Fox doesn't do a lot of that.

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    I rarely watch any of them any more. I think that a lot of conservative Fox News watchers have gone to the internet for better, more factual and more in depth information where actual sources are cited and checked. If a person wants to cheer for their "team" MSNBC and CNN are at full on war with Trump so the left is fired up to hear them, while Fox has been tepid (other than Hannity) in their support for Trump. Hannity cannot run a decent interview because he interrupts non-stop. I just don't see what Fox has to offer at the present time- they lack an identity as they are torn between establishment R politics (which is losing badly) and Trump. Television is a terrible place to get the news anymore unless you want to see live on location coverage and Fox doesn't do a lot of that.
    Tepid? I guess if you define getting different opinions from Trumpers, conservatives, Lefties, etc. “tepid” and not regurgitating everything that Trump says or assuming he’s correct, then yes, it’s tepid.

I like to hear different opinions before I come to my conclusions. Maybe even argue about it, which is what anyone can do here.

Tepid? I guess if you define getting different opinions from Trumpers, conservatives, Lefties, etc. “tepid” and not regurgitating everything that Trump says or assuming he’s correct, then yes, it’s tepid.

I like to hear different opinions before I come to my conclusions. Maybe even argue about it, which is what anyone can do here.
    KGF- my point is that all of these outlets have become entertainment for partisans (which I am one). MSNBC is winning because they are single minded in their cause against Trump and they are wild fan boy leftists. Fox has lost it's identity (in the world of entertaining). I think that the news is better obtained from other sources than Fox (establishment right) , CNN (totally fake news) and MSNBC (clown show).