Gopher players vs Yellow Jacket players

WAGopher

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that the Gophers looked bigger and faster at nearly every position? I thought it might be the white uniforms making our guys more noticeable, but after rewatching part of the game, it reinforced my perception that we just had better athletes than Georgia Tech.

Did anyone else notice that the Gophers looked bigger and faster at nearly every position? I thought it might be the white uniforms making our guys more noticeable, but after rewatching part of the game, it reinforced my perception that we just had better athletes than Georgia Tech.

Out coached, out played, bigger, faster, stronger at just about every position tonight. If you are a Gopher fan you should be happy with how bright the future looks. Row the boat!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were commenting on the same thing.

My optimism for the Gopher football program has reached the level it was the night we got slotted for the citrus bowl. I hope the results on the field next season will allow my optimism reach new unchartered levels.

Tech fans saw this too. Hoping that Collins will address this with recruiting and more physical style of play.

Faalele is unreal. Really like his very sly smile after plays. Looks like he likes this game of American Football.

Noticed it on first TD drive. Much faster, especially on the outside runs on O. Ibrahim is "not that fast" in my mind, but he got to the corners consistently. Our defense was also reacting consistently to who had the ball. Great job preparing this team, Coach Fleck. That includes recruiting.

False. I haven’t seen a punter as big as the GT punter since Santoso..... but I haven’t seen our punter since halftime of the Wisconsin game!

False. I haven’t seen a punter as big as the GT punter since Santoso..... but I haven’t seen our punter since halftime of the Wisconsin game!

Was that their real punter? I assumed that was a lineman that was a back up punter.

I couldn't help but look at our line (on both sides of the football) have their way. The OL pushed them back 2-3 yards on nearly every play.

Another plus was our QB play. Smart throws, went (and had time) to go through the progressions. I noticed GT took away or short/medium passes (having TJ in mind), but if you're running like we did, it didn't matter.

I'm very encouraged!

Bigger, stronger ... and TOUGHER. There were a lot of Ramblin' Wrecks strewn about the field at various times.

GT got a heaping helping of B1G.

JTG

Faalele

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

He is going to be a real problem in the Big 10.

I know it's always easy to focus on the ball, but for those of you who have not, I really recommend focusing on Faalele for an entire drive. It starts to look like HUDL tapes by the end of it. He has some issues with inexperience and footwork, but he is a dominant and extremely powerful guy. If he stays healthy, he is only here 3 seasons.

My optimism for the Gopher football program has reached the level it was the night we got slotted for the citrus bowl.

My optimism for the future is higher than it was at that time. The Citrus Bowl pick was a bit of a feel-good-story bowl assignment. That team probably wasn't good enough to be in that bowl. Leidner was a good team leader for the most part but was a very flawed QB. That was also Cobb's last year and the team lost some major defensive contributors as well. Finally, that team didn't have as good of a set of wide receivers (did have better tight ends) as this one. That team's line was good but this team's line looks like it has a better future.

I've seen him. He's been on one knee, usually 8 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Bigger, stronger ... and TOUGHER. There were a lot of Ramblin' Wrecks strewn about the field at various times.

GT got a heaping helping of B1G.

JTG

+1000

I know it's always easy to focus on the ball, but for those of you who have not, I really recommend focusing on Faalele for an entire drive. It starts to look like HUDL tapes by the end of it. He has some issues with inexperience and footwork, but he is a dominant and extremely powerful guy. If he stays healthy, he is only here 3 seasons.

I love that one play when Mo was tackled on the sideline and then in comes Faalele pushing/blocking his guy over to the sideline and then pancakes him right by Mo.

What a long, painful game this must have been for Tech fans. From the opening drive, you could see what was happening. Absolute domination. Wasn't as close as 34-10 would suggest.

He developed very fast. His foot work was an issue in the preseason practices. Was routinely getting beat with quick DE runs outside. If I remember right, his stance was different as well. Feet got better and I think he is much quicker to engage his block as well.

ZA deserves his scholarship just for getting those two big men to come north...

Last edited:

Top Bottom