I think Mo dispells the theory that PJ doesn't recruit RB's well

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
For his first "half class" at Minnesota, Mo looks like a player. Not RS or SB yet, but closing that gap with each game.

I never heard this theory until now.

Given that, I think Daniel Faalele dispells the theory that Fleck doesn't recruit Australia well.

Go Gophers!!

Are my eye deceiving me? Mo looks like he is 5'6" although he is listed as 5' 10". Maybe it is the size of the Gophers O-Line that make him look tiny.

Anyways, there is nothing tiny about his performances. He is a hard guy to stop on the first contact.

Are my eye deceiving me? Mo looks like he is 5'6" although he is listed as 5' 10". Maybe it is the size of the Gophers O-Line that make him look tiny.

Anyways, there is nothing tiny about his performances. He is a hard guy to stop on the first contact.

I think there's something about trying to tackle those lower center-of-gravity guys.
At least at one point he blasted one guy head on and the guy went rolling backwards a yard or two.

Seen it posted on here.
I'll have to see if I can find it.

I've posted that I thought Mo wasn't as good as RS or SB. And that Fleck was still looking for an elite RB recruit. I'll gladly eat crow on both of those after today.

Wasn't Gary Russell one of those low center guys...?

I'd go 5'8" at the bottom of my guess. It's hard to judge next to 6'5" to 6'9" behemoths.

Given that, <b>I think Daniel Faalele dispells the theory that Fleck doesn't recruit Australia well. </b>

Go Gophers!!

Small sample size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it would be difficult for a running back to be too short. The shorter the back, the harder he is to see behind those massive linemen.

Ibrahim's style is a little deceiving...he doesn't appear to be as fast or quick as Smith or Brooks, but I think he makes up for it with good vision and balance. His style reminds me of that of Emmitt Smith's.

He runs damn hard. Ran over a few guys tonight. Think he knocked two out of the game with his hits.

Ibrahim's style is a little deceiving...he doesn't appear to be as fast or quick as Smith or Brooks, but I think he makes up for it with good vision and balance. His style reminds me of that of Emmitt Smith's.

I think his style is very much the same as Shannon Brooks. I'm not sure he is as fast as Shannon but his physical style is only going to improve as he gets older and a little stronger.

He runs damn hard. Ran over a few guys tonight. Think he knocked two out of the game with his hits.

Yes, he did hurt those two guys... he also stung another one or two initiating contact and staying in bounds instead of going out. Ran like Brooks tonight, or the late Jim Taylor (anyway, that's who I was reminded of).

I think his style is very much the same as Shannon Brooks. I'm not sure he is as fast as Shannon but his physical style is only going to improve as he gets older and a little stronger.

Mo was finishing his runs a lot more later in the season.
Not sure if Shannon is teaching them that.
They're exploding into contact on each tackle.

Given that, I think Daniel Faalele dispells the theory that Fleck doesn't recruit Australia well.

Go Gophers!!

Thank god for Harbaugh

Who knows if Faalele even makes it to the U.S. if Harbaugh doesn't hold a satellite camp in Australia and offer him.

Mo has proven he is already a very good back, and only a freshman. The only think missing is speed. If I had to choose between a shifty powerful back with never-ending drive in his legs vs. a blazing fast back who doesn’t make guys miss, Ill take the former. We are lucky to have him. I think healthy Smith and Brooks might still be a bit better (Brooks definitely faster), but the difference is not that great anymore. Can a guy actually get faster with the right training?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Burns has to be eating some serious crow in regard to Mo. He dogged on him for about half the season on the Gopher Gridiron Radio podcast. Great podcast though, he does a nice job.

Go Gophers!!

Curtis Dunlap refutes the theory he doesn't recruit good 4 star offensive guards from IMG Academy

I like that comparison.

I think it would be difficult for a running back to be too short. The shorter the back, the harder he is to see behind those massive linemen.

I am only 5 ft 5 and my college tried recruiting me to play for them. Their RB at the time was shorter than me. Now don't think I am bragging, we sucked at that time. We were ranked #423 out of 425 college football teams in existence. But my point was how short our RB was, and I've joked many times over the years how he would duck under tackles and how hard it was to tackle the little sob, lol.

Mo seems to run faster when he has a defender in front of him to light up. Maybe he gets bored when breaking into the open field :)

Could next year be similar to 2003, the year we had our Big 3 of Maroney, Barber and Tapeh? And you could even include Asad in there as a Big 4. Jackson II, who had a 1000 yard season previously was only 5th in rushing yardage that year, lol.

Could next year be similar to 2003, the year we had our Big 3 of Maroney, Barber and Tapeh? And you could even include Asad in there as a Big 4. Jackson II, who had a 1000 yard season previously was only 5th in rushing yardage that year, lol.

After Mo's huge game, we definitely have a RB controversy. Who do we start with so many great RBs? It's a nice problem to have. Bryce Williams should definitely be RSing next year.

Ibrahim looked to be a shade quicker last night and I remarked in the game thread it may have been due to the layoff. I'm not going to make comparisons to Smith and Brooks, but Ibrahim has great patience and if he gets to the second level, LBs and DBs are going to feel it when they tackle him.

Top Bottom