View Poll Results: What grade would you give the 2018 Gophers football season?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 6.21%
  • B

104 71.72%
  • C

32 22.07%
  • D

0 0%
  • F

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I went B. It was bad early/mid, but we ended well and that is better than the other way around. Iím excited for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

B. I thought they'd go 5-7 this year.

All things considered, itís a B.

I had it at an F before the Purdue win.

Iíll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by GFBfan View Post
    First 3: B
    Next 6: D
    Last 4: A
    Overall grade is a C+ Those blowout losses were really unacceptable, but the Axe win and the dominating fashion we won vs. Purdue, W, and GT were a great way to go into the off season and has me excited for next year.
    Perfect agreement with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0 View Post
    After a disgraceful midterm report card PJ crammed for the final pulling out an A+ and finished with a B.
    Couldn't be stated better!

B for me for Year 01.

Probably still give too much weight for getting The Axe back but that was a big deal...worth a lot of extra credit points across the season.

Also, very easily could have gone further into the abyss after Illinois but decided to live...got to give credit there too.
    Row The Boat & Ski U Mah!

In Fleck We Trust!

Like others I think it is tough to judge this season as a whole because of the Smith firing and drastic turnaround after.

1st 9 games - C - some good wins and some ugly losses
    Last 4 games - A - Dominant wins in 3 of the 4 games against solid teams that we will need to compete with moving forward.

If I had to pin a grade on the whole season I would go with a B. Future outlook right now is very very bright.

Blog Entries

End of the season was great. Fired DC and things turned around.

After the DC change, the Gophers were one of the better teams in the West, crushing Purdue, Wisconsin and Georgia Tech. I hope Johnson, Smith and Brooks are back next year and we become one of the better teams in the entire conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0 View Post
    After a disgraceful midterm report card PJ crammed for the final pulling out an A+ and finished with a B.
    This is exactly how I feel.
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

From B to B+ with the dominating bowl win.

It is only Year 01 after all...
    Row The Boat & Ski U Mah!

In Fleck We Trust!

We beat Wisconsin in Madson and got the Axe back for the first time in 14 years. That was the biggest win we've had in a decade. I know the Illinios, Nebraska and Maryland games were bad, but I would rather lose all three of those games and beat Wisconsin (especially the way we did) than win those three games and get beat by Wisconsin again. The Wisconsin win plus the beat down of Georgia Tech yesterday in a game very few national media members thought we would win make it hard for me to give a grade lower than a B+.

B

I went with C but could be talked into B. I thought it was critical to get to a bowl game this year, and I predicted six wins. We met that minimum expectation. The Maryland, Nebraska and Illinois performances were unacceptable, and I was beginning to have doubts about Fleck. They definitely turned it around and have looked mostly great for four games.

I'm excited for next season. If you have to struggle it's better to do that first then finish strong.

The overall data says C+, but if the last two games were weighted higher, then the grade would move up to a B. Those butt-kickings we got from Maryland, Nebraska and Illinois cannot be dismissed, however.