Who is your Gophers MVP in the dominating win over Georgia Tech?

• Tanner Morgan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mohamed Ibrahim

Votes: 91 77.8%
  • Tyler Johnson

• Julian Huff

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Jacob Huff

• Thomas Barber

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Offensive Line

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Ibrahim was fantastic but went with the OL.

Possibly discussed elsewhere but noticed that Andries was at LT and Dunlap was at RG but later in the 1st half Schleuter was at LT and Andries was at RG. 2nd half went back to the Andries/Dunlap combo. Was this on purpose or were there injuries. The fact that the OL changed throughout the game made it even more impressive to me.

I would love to vote for Faalele simply for pancaking a guy a dozen yards downfield after a good Ibrahim run... That was awesome. It was a symbol for the whole game.

That said, Ibrahim is the obvious choice for me. He ran like a man possessed and singlehandedly put a hurtin' on multiple G-Tech players.

Wow. Great team win all around. Line play on both sides of the ball was very good. The Huff brothers both played very well. Tj with two td's, but you gotta go 'Mo.

This thread should be renamed "Other than Mo, who is your Gophers MVP?"

So I'll answer that.

Faalele - He is going to be scary good.
The rest of the OL - All really good. They might have been as good as Big Dan, but I was watching him on almost every snap.
Julian Huff
Boye Mafe

The Gopher beefcakes, the Yellowjackets weren't expecting a punishing O-Line. The entire Defense deserves mentioning. After Mo, this is a team MVP.

So I'll answer that.

The rest of the OL - All really good. They might have been as good as Big Dan, but I was watching him on almost every snap.
Julian Huff
Boye Mafe

This is a better poll. Mo was The Man today.

Can't deny Mo but Huff was everywhere too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moe-howard-7.jpg

So I'll answer that.

Julian Huff
Boye Mafe

Yep. No reason next year's squad can't contend or potentially win the West.

Mo is the easy choice. Julian Huff is so much fun to watch. The guy is all over the place.

I picked Mo because he was phenomenal tonight. However he couldn’t have done it without the play of the line today. I’m looking forward to next year!

Holy hell did Mo put a lick on some GT secondary players tonight - seemed like everyone that tried to tackle him got up injured or banged up, even on pursuit tackles. Hats off to you Mo!

So I'll answer that.

Julian Huff
Boye Mafe

The correct answer is still Mo.

I don't think anyone had a bad game today. I went with Mo because he found the holes and absolutley punished a number of Tech players. The O line would be my second because by they end of the game they owned the line of scrimmage.

Easily Mo in a great team effort! Much to be excited about since Rossi woke up the D. Holding GT to 10 is major accomplishment.

I looked at the question differently. Mo had a fantastic game, no doubt. Tanner had a great game too. The key, however, to both of their successes was the O-line. Therefore, my vote goes to the O-line!

Mo is the easy choice. Julian Huff is so much fun to watch. The guy is all over the place.

I voted Mo, but one has to give a shout out to the Huff brothers. They have played some really solid football for three different head coaches in their time at the U. Great contributors.

As for a song, how about going back to the disco era with the Andrea True Connection's "More, More, More" with the obvious switch to "Mo."

While I agree that the most valuable single player is probably Mo Ibrahim, I voted "Other". My MVP of the game goes to the entire defense, including Rossi. The defensive game plan and execution got the GA Tech offense off the field quickly, and gave the offense consistently good field position (partly thanks to the terrible GA Tech punts).

It was exciting to see a strong overall performance from the Gophers with great defense, a very strong running game, and an efficient passing game. As we look forward to 2019, my hope is that we'll see more touches for Johnson/Bateman/Autman-Bell, as all three are playmakers. However, if the team is able to win games by combining solid D with a punishing run game, I'll take that too. :)

Go Gophers!!!

Have to give tons of credit to the offensive line and the defense for the way they handled GT. However, it has to be Mo, the guy was incredible yesterday.

Gophers MVP? How about Tech punter Pressley Harvin, who was the second-team All-ACC punter? I guess I didn't watch enough ACC Football this year... Yikes

Watched it again tonight. The Huff twins were so good. What a great memory for them and us in their final game.

I went Mo (easy choice), but was tempted to say "other" for defensive line. They were fantastic!

Top Bottom