Comcast

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
Did anyone else's Comcast feed for the game have buffering issues...or was it just my local node? Started showing up after the half and by the 4th quarter it was like watching a Monet or Picasso rendition of something that might be football.

Thank God for KFAN and the radio...

Hoping this was isolated and that I can catch a replay for the DVR on ESPNU or the Ocho later on.

Well, it forced me to learn how to disable my auto-HD-tune.

Same thing happened here. Also my FSN broadcast was messed up. Figured it was my cable box.

Thank heavens for a smart TV...was able to switch to the ESPN app and had no problems.

Seems to be working again.

Same thing happened here. Also my FSN broadcast was messed up. Figured it was my cable box.

Thank heavens for a smart TV...was able to switch to the ESPN app and had no problems.

Seems to be working again.

Same. Had to switch to Xbox and stream it on the ESPN app as well.

Last edited:

Thanks. Has the replay been announced yet? The fact that Xbox worked gives me hope there's an uncorrupted feed out there.

Had folks over to watch the game. Pretty irritating we were reduced to watching modern art on the screen and listening to the game on the radio.

Thanks. Has the replay been announced yet? The fact that Xbox worked gives me hope there's an uncorrupted feed out there.

Had folks over to watch the game. Pretty irritating we were reduced to watching modern art on the screen and listening to the game on the radio.

There's a 3 hour version on ESPNU at 11pm tonight and a 1.5 hour version on ESPN at 2am tomorrow.

There's a 3 hour version on ESPNU at 11pm tonight and a 1.5 hour version on ESPN at 2am tomorrow.

Great. Thanks. Need to make sure there's space on the DVR...

Also, thanks for the folks noting being able to switch to Xbox. I'm a tech dinosaur and will hold on to my cable box until something forces me to change.

I don't know if the cable folks understand it's events like this...albeit extremely rare...that make me look around for another way to spend way too much money for what I'm interested in. I'm basically technologically uninterested and lazy, but can be forced to look around when really provoked. Absent a solar flare or something, this was a provokable event...

I’m counting down the days until US Internet fiber optic is installed. Screw Comcast

Cut the cord. Go DISH - no issues today.

It's snowing like crazy right now...there won't be any issues? Thought that weather was the one thing that could interfere with the satellite dish...especially snow.

It's snowing like crazy right now...there won't be any issues? Thought that weather was the one thing that could interfere with the satellite dish...especially snow.

I have been on satellite (Dish, DirecTV) for a decade. I could count on my two hands the number of times my signal went out. Never for very long either. Usually severe weather in the summer - never snow that I recall. Maybe I have just been lucky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was snowing here also. We didn't have any issues. We did get a new dish about 6 months ago. I'm guessing the new equipment is much better in inclement weather. Living in the country, I have 2 options - DISH or Direct TV. DISH has worked out best for us, but like I said I now have newer, better equipment.

I have Directv, no issues with this amount of snowing. Has to be really bad snow or complete downpour of rain to be an issue.

It was snowing here also. We didn't have any issues. We did get a new dish about 6 months ago. I'm guessing the new equipment is much better in inclement weather. Living in the country, I have 2 options - DISH or Direct TV. DISH has worked out best for us, but like I said I now have newer, better equipment.

[side discussion] There's no reason we can blanket the country in fiber optic cable, like we did with electric cable. There's no reason that living in the country means you should have to suffer with crap internet service. Everyone has high quality electric power service. It should be the same.

Apparently it was the HD stream/channels that were impacted. All I had to do was go to the non-HD ESPN channels...oh well...

Top Bottom