Will the Gophers be ranked in the 2019 preseason poll?

Will the Gophers be ranked in the 2019 preseason poll?

• Yes

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • No

Votes: 105 92.1%

• Total voters

Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a prayer- silly question

If the Gophers go 3-0 in non-conference and beat Purdue, Illinois and Nebraska, they'll probably break the top 25.

Nope.

Only if GHers are allowed to vote...

(Doesn't mean I don't have big expectations for next season)

forgetting the top 25: interesting to see if any of the preseason magazines (Phil Steele, Lindy's etc) will place us above Wisconsin especially if they get it handed to them by Miami tomorrow?

No, and I dont think we will get there until we have a big ten win or two under our belt, but i do think we get there.

No, but it will be worth the wait.

We weren't favored to win this game.

Our own Twin Cities media isn't paying attention, so nationally we'll be picked to be 4th-5th in the Big Ten.

ESPN announcer guy did however call us his "sleeper team" during the game so if word spreads we might start getting attention.
Being the Gophers, they likely won't get attention nationally until they would be 5-0 or so.

forgetting the top 25: interesting to see if any of the preseason magazines (Phil Steele, Lindy's etc) will place us above Wisconsin especially if they get it handed to them by Miami tomorrow?

Wisconsin will win tomorrow.

ACC in my opinion is vastly overrated.

No, and most off-season and preseason national prognostications will have the Gophers around 6-6 or 7-5 and 5th or 6th in the B1G West.

Nah, always seems you have to win a New Year's Day/NY6 type bowl or be a current blue blood to snag a preseason ranking. I'm sure we'll get some respect at the start, but won't be put in the level of the top 25.

If the Gophers go 3-0 in non-conference and beat Purdue, Illinois and Nebraska, they'll probably break the top 25.

Purdue and Nebraska will both probably be preseason top 20

Best 4-8 coach Frost
Best 6-6 coach Brohm

I voted yes, but am having second thoughts. As a Gopher fan I can recognize all the reasons to put us in next year's preseason Top 25, but yeah, we are Minnesota, too often people are just used to disregarding us and making us earn any ranking we ever get.

I guess I DO believe that someone out there will give us a nod, so we'll probably get a few votes in the big polls, and might get one of the preseason prognosticators to take a risk and pick us as a top contender in the West.

What I think will be an interesting twist next year is our OOC schedule and how it will be interpreted if we win all 3 of those games? It might be that we wont get credit for beating those 3 until the end of the season when you can look back and see how they performed over the whole season?

We will be a better team but won’t get the recognition early

Top Bottom