What grade do you give PJ Fleck for Coaching in the win over Georgia Tech?

What grade do you give PJ Fleck for Coaching in the win over Georgia Tech?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pregame, ESPN commentator Traver Matich said that Minnesota's defense would not be able to stop Georgia Tech. Postgame, he did not concede that he was wrong. His only comment was that the SEC would not be impressed by our win. I wonder if Matich is related to Reusse. I was very impressed with our game plan.

A: Gophers dominated every phase of the game except punting, which they never had to do.

Pregame, ESPN commentator Traver Matich said that Minnesota's defense would not be able to stop Georgia Tech. Postgame, he did not concede that he was wrong. His only comment was that the SEC would not be impressed by our win. I wonder if Matich is related to Reusse. I was very impressed with our game plan.

Was that the guy in the crazy looking sport coat? He sure likes to listen to himself talk, loud mouth that makes outlandish claims. I was wondering how a clown like that gets hired.

B. He should have punted instead of kicked the field goal at the end of the half.

Just kidding, I went with A.

Gopher punting was probably better than GT's.

The punter from GT had a bad night. Although one of the bad punts sure looked like a fake punt gone awry. I think he wanted to run it on the 4th and 5, but we rushed so hard he had to try and punt and it went off the side of his foot. I think that was the 2nd bad punt he had...

A We dominated! Very fun! Hybrid defense was elite!

Was that the guy in the crazy looking sport coat? He sure likes to listen to himself talk, loud mouth that makes outlandish claims. I was wondering how a clown like that gets hired.

No. He was the one in the middle.

No doubt an A. He head then fired up and prepped for this one. Really impressed with the D against a triple option offense which was completely new to play against for these boys. Great job. Makes me excited for the future.

Easy A,

Only real compliant was the defensive play calling to end the 1st half.

I was just going to post that. I will NEVER understand the fascination with the so-called "prevent defense" which generally prevents nothing. We did the same thing at Wisconsin. Why changed what is working just because time is running out?????

A We dominated! Very fun! Hybrid defense was elite!

Are you sure? After all those 110 players that lived under the cloud of suspicion could have had their lives ruined because PJ chose not to reveal what you wanted revealed about the suspensions.

Suppose I should let things go, but the hypocrisy of some posters just pisses me off. PJ is dishonest; PJ is all about himself; PJ doesn't care about his players that he didn't recruit; PJ is selfish; PJ plays players when they're hurt, crusade against PJ, PJ said "Year 0," PJ put oars on our helmets, blah, blah blah.

I don't give a damn if somebody doesn't care for PJ's style, but it really gets old with the posters who just wait to pounce on anything that even resembles a misstep. Now we're all bubbly and happy, but I imagine you and several others will be bitching about him again as soon as you get a chance.

Not calling you a "non-fan" because you obviously are, but it just seems like a weird way to follow a team.

I can't believe the number of Tech players who were injured by Gophers. Makes me think we were better prepared and they were not at all ready to play. I loved our restraint at not reacting to their taunting crap as well. GOOD DISCIPLINE instilled by PJ. And I love the respect that is showed the refs when we hand them the ball. I can't wait for the 2019 season to get started. I honestly think we win the West and the games will be sold out by the end of the year.

I can't believe the number of Tech players who were injured by Gophers. Makes me think we were better prepared and they were not at all ready to play. I loved our restraint at not reacting to their taunting crap as well. GOOD DISCIPLINE instilled by PJ. And I love the respect that is showed the refs when we hand them the ball. I can't wait for the 2019 season to get started. I honestly think we win the West and the games will be sold out by the end of the year.

I noticed this as well, especially for G-Tech's defensive players. Instead of taunting, though, I think their defensive players were just trying to get hyped up after getting lit up physically by our O-Line and Mo.

I was just going to post that. I will NEVER understand the fascination with the so-called "prevent defense" which generally prevents nothing. We did the same thing at Wisconsin. Why changed what is working just because time is running out?????

Generally I agree with your take on prevent defense, but I bet Indiana wishes they had in the final 2 minutes...

The players are buying in the new culture. "You have to fail to learn to succeed". The team where well coached. They executed the game plan with discipline.

You have to be proud of the players' journey this year. The turning point came after the Illinois game with all the personnel changes. Rossi becoming the DC. Burning Faalele's red shirt, etc...

"MoTown" Ibrahim inflicted a bunch of them. The best on of the game was against Lamont Simmons when Mo lowered his shoulders into him at full throttle. Maybe the rest was because the Yellowjacket Defenders tried so hard to gang tackle him they were falling down like bowling pins.

F, Didn’t leverage our special teams effectively and essentially benched the Punter for no reason...

Seriously, A all the way. A complete game. If you can go up early on GA Tech they have no response. It was amazing watching them run their methodical run heavy offense even in the 2nd have. Their one touchdown drive was the longest possession of the game - kind of needed to speed up by then.

Great game all around. Nice job PJ

Top Bottom