That was an ass whooping!

rugger14

Reaction score
This team just punched GT in the face. Good win against a solid ACC opponent.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Great start for the B1G!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nobody outside of Minnesota gave the Gophers a chance. I'm now convinced we are improving both phases... Just wish we had gotten rid of Robb Smith earlier... like last year.

Ibrahim running beast mode ! Great team win that I hope jump starts them for next year. Amazing that Ibrahim was our 3rd string RB starting the season.

Mo was a beast, indeed. But have to also give props to the O line. They opened some huge holes and sealed off the edges on numerous plays

Ibrahim was rowing the boat working out hard waiting for an opportunity. It paid off!

That was an amazing effort. To be honest, I'm stunned. I liked beating Wisconsin more because of the history, but this was likely our best performance all year. Congrats to everyone.

That was an amazing effort. To be honest, I'm stunned. I liked beating Wisconsin more because of the history, but this was likely our best performance all year. Congrats to everyone.

Agreed. Not sure how we couldn’t be excited for next year with the end to this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say that the entire GT program and fan base have to be absolutely shocked with what they just ran into.

The future is awfully bright here in Minnesota.

Last edited:

Yep. I would say very good coaching too. Mid season I was starting to question the coaching. Nice win!

I have to say that the entire GT program and fan based have to be absolutely shocked with what they just ran into.

The future is awfully bright here in Minnesota.

I just read the Twitter comments for @GeorgiaTechFB

Oooooooh they mad they really mad

Great win for the gophers. Their best all around game of the year. Defense played very well

Great job by all but I have to single out a few by name/group.

MI24 - What a game!! I don’t know how he isn’t the starter headed into next season. He punishes defenders.

Offensive Line - Dominated all night and this group is only gonna get better. Weyler was awesome.

Johnson - If he turns pro I can’t blame him. Great receiver and hope he returns.

Huff brothers - Great effort by both tonight.

Mafe - Best game as a Gopher

Barber - Great game and a leader out there.

Rossi - What a job by he and defensive staff planning for Tech. Feel much better about playing a good Georgia Southern team next year.

PJ - Thanks for the job you, your staff and your players are doing. Keep up the good work. Phenomenal job in prepping for this game and handling the media the last couple of weeks. Can’t wait until next year!!

Gophers pulled another big surprise: new D coordinator and they crush Purdue, play Northwestern tough, crush Wisconsin at Madison and, as underdogs, crush Georgia Tech. Things are looking up!

The Gophers were FAR more physical than Tech, but also played with great discipline. Mo was fun to watch tonight. What an animal. Great win for our boys!!

So who was the 2018 Quick Lane Bowl MVP?

Great win.
No punts.

I'm not going to say it was best win because I believe the ACC as a whole was largely overrated compared to the Big Ten because of the influence having 4 non-conference games can have on a computer ranking and overall records.

The better team won today. That was well displayed in the most basic way possible.
No trick plays.
No fluke plays.
Solid defense for most of the game.

Gophers pulled another big surprise: new D coordinator and they crush Purdue, play Northwestern tough, crush Wisconsin at Madison and, as underdogs, crush Georgia Tech. Things are looking up!

If you look at any of those 4 games, we had a couple key bad drops and multiple turnovers against NW.
We play a clean game. We beat teams.

Ibrahim played very well - but the defense was the story of the game. They only lost outside contain a couple of times all game - very disciplined, played fast and hit hard, while going up against an offense that presents a lot of challenges just because you rarely see it anymore.

Yes, a lot of good things on offense, but the defense won this game for the Gophers. I would have given the defense the MVP as a unit.

this group definitely has the opportunity to become one of the best defensive units the Gophers have had in a long time - maybe going back to the Karon Riley days.

compare this game to Illinois. Look how confident the Gophers defense played against GT versus how tentative they looked against Illinois. It's mind-boggling to think how badly Robb Smith had this defense screwed up, and how much they improved over the last two months.

Ibrahim running beast mode ! Great team win that I hope jump starts them for next year. Amazing that Ibrahim was our 3rd string RB starting the season.

And could be next year. Depth at rb is wonderful.

Ibrahim played very well - but the defense was the story of the game. They only lost outside contain a couple of times all game - very disciplined, played fast and hit hard, while going up against an offense that presents a lot of challenges just because you rarely see it anymore.

Yes, a lot of good things on offense, but the defense won this game for the Gophers. I would have given the defense the MVP as a unit.

this group definitely has the opportunity to become one of the best defensive units the Gophers have had in a long time - maybe going back to the Karon Riley days.

compare this game to Illinois. Look how confident the Gophers defense played against GT versus how tentative they looked against Illinois. It's mind-boggling to think how badly Robb Smith had this defense screwed up, and how much they improved over the last two months.

Very well said SON. This post is on target.

Nice to see the Gophers whip the other teams ass. Georgia Tech gonna be sore in morning.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

And could be next year. Depth at rb is wonderful.

Wouldn't be tough to give Mo the offensive player of the year accolade.... With Brooks out to start the season and Rodney going down, once Mo got comfortable, he was a damn blessing.

Nice to see the Gophers whip the other teams ass. Georgia Tech gonna be sore in morning.

Winning is a nice feeling, isn't it?

A lot of people watching on TV too. This should create some buzz about Gophers football.

Hopefully K Williams saw it and is calling PJ tonight.

Absolutely stomped them in every facet. I missed the first half but reading some comments in the game thread many were lauding Carter's play. I didn't see him involved in many tackles in the second half (except the deep throw for which he was the deepest defender inexplicably) and according to the game stats he only had 2 tackles. Was he more involved in the first half? Was GT running away from him?

Top Bottom