That was an ass whooping!

That looked like a GT football team that was between coaches and significantly lacked motivation to perform. Good win, but very bad GT performance. MN rising, GT falling.

No excuses that can diminish this win. GT had every reason to play hard for their coach that was retiring and its a bowl game on national TV in front of family, friends, etc. Minnesota just dominated across the board. Super jacked for next year!

They got rid of all the fluff and all the confusing schemes when they fired Robb Smith, and played straight up mano a mano defense.

I like that they carry that huge crescent wrench with. That is their symbol of working man football! Straight up no B.S.

Kristian Williams! I hope he was watching the game. If he wants to get drafted into the Pros and be a defensive star, The Gopher Defense is the right place for him!

They got rid of all the fluff and all the confusing schemes when they fired Robb Smith, and played straight up mano a mano defense.

I like that they carry that huge crescent wrench with. That is their symbol of working man football! Straight up no B.S.

Kristian Williams! I hope he was watching the game. If he wants to get drafted into the Pros and be a defensive star, The Gopher Defense is the right place for him!

They also did it without OJ Smith, Jamal Teague or Kamal Martin.

Going into the game, I would have said that their play is vital to our success.

Fleck has really built some depth.

That looked like a GT football team that was between coaches and significantly lacked motivation to perform. Good win, but very bad GT performance. MN rising, GT falling.

I have seen many games where teams “didn’t show up”. It is obvious in effort. I don’t believe that was the case yesterday. I think MN just kicked their butts. That happens too. Better scheme and better execution. Maybe just better talent too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C'mon man, "pipe" wrench.

I have seen many games where teams “didn’t show up”. It is obvious in effort. I don’t believe that was the case yesterday. I think MN just kicked their butts. That happens too. Better scheme and better execution. Maybe just better talent too.

Our strength up front combined with Mo's running style really made GT look uncomfortable. I agree with you, they didn't appear to quit (Purdue looked like they quit).

No excuses that can diminish this win. GT had every reason to play hard for their coach that was retiring and its a bowl game on national TV in front of family, friends, etc. Minnesota just dominated across the board. Super jacked for next year!

I do think Tech came out flat and tentative, and the Gophs jumped on them. Once GT regained some of their sharpness, there was still no way they were going to stop the Gophers' momentum, and they're not built to play catch-up.

One way or another, the Gophers' physicality and nastiness caught the Yellowjackets off guard and sort of surprised. They took a physical beating.

It was a dominating performance and I'm very proud as a Gopher fan at how this team came back to finish the season after the way the Big Ten season started.

The Gophers again were able to hold on to the ball after some tough hits while running the ball. Tanner Morgan played smart and made a few key throws. The offensive line and the receiving corps both are so much better than what we have seen for a while.

I thought it was really interesting how Coughlin was used in the game. He looked so fast and had he played that ball better he could have easily had an int. With his size and speed I could see him going down 10 pounds and possibly playing a safety position next year. Maybe that's a preposterous idea, but the team's d line is going to be in good shape, and safety will be the biggest weakness next season.

It was a dominating performance and I'm very proud as a Gopher fan at how this team came back to finish the season after the way the Big Ten season started.

The Gophers again were able to hold on to the ball after some tough hits while running the ball. Tanner Morgan played smart and made a few key throws. The offensive line and the receiving corps both are so much better than what we have seen for a while.

I thought it was really interesting how Coughlin was used in the game. He looked so fast and had he played that ball better he could have easily had an int. With his size and speed I could see him going down 10 pounds and possibly playing a safety position next year. Maybe that's a preposterous idea, but the team's d line is going to be in good shape, and safety will be the biggest weakness next season.

That is a real aggressive take

Sorry but CC playing safety is preposterous. He's never played there, the one play he ended up playing deep middle he completely misplayed the ball and receiver, and he's the best true linebacker we have. Why would you not move him to LB as he ideally would have been placed this year?

Gophers physicality was impressive. Faalele finished some blocks that reminded me of the scene in The Blind Side. Ibrahim is a violent runner. Doesn't mind lowering the boom. After a few GT guys got hit by him, they seemed less interested in tackling him 1 on 1.

Lots of big hits on defense. Great discipline. So many times their QB had to keep it because the RB on the outside was covered up very well by a line backer. Took a lot of hits.

Sorry but CC playing safety is preposterous. He's never played there, the one play he ended up playing deep middle he completely misplayed the ball and receiver, and he's the best true linebacker we have. Why would you not move him to LB as he ideally would have been placed this year?

I admit it was preposterous to propose. It was difficult to see on tv when I watched real time where he was lining up. It seemed like he was playing center field like a safety on several plays though.
As a pro I could see him slimming down to play a lb/safety hybrid. Bulking up to play DE does not seem natural for his frame.

A bunch of those long runs were the same play.
GT would play man. WR would block inside and the corner would follow the WR and takehimself right of the play. Nice design for what GT was trying to do.

There was a play at around the 5:06 mark of the second quarter (same play that Some Guy referenced above) that I'm hoping someone can make a Gif of.
Mo ran to the outside for around 15 yards and Faalele drove his guy 15 yards and landed on top of him near Mo. Big and Nasty Dan.
gophers2.jpg

Last edited:

There was a play at around the 5:06 mark of the second quarter (same play that Some Guy referenced above) that I'm hoping someone can make a Gif of.
Mo ran to the outside for around 15 yards and Falaalele drove his guy 15 yards and landed on top of him near Mo. Big and Nasty Dan.
View attachment 5933
Between that play and where Mo lowered his head and blasted the Db and injured him really set the tone for how the offense was going to go about business. They really set the tone early and popped Tech right in the mouth early and often.

Mo ran to the outside for around 15 yards and Falaalele drove his guy 15 yards and landed on top of him near Mo. Big and Nasty Dan.
View attachment 5933

We all kind of went WHOA...sucks to be that guy! watching that play live.

400 pounds of man landing on top of you cannot feel good

I believe CC actually mentioned in his post game interview on KFAN that he did have coverage responsibilities on some plays.

Mo ran to the outside for around 15 yards and Faalele drove his guy 15 yards and landed on top of him near Mo. Big and Nasty Dan.
View attachment 5933

That might have been my favorite play of the game. It reminded me of the "excessive blocking" scene in The Blind Side.

https://youtu.be/-oq-yosgBWk?t=85

Last edited:

The Yellowjackets got mauled by a swarm of knife wielding polar bears from the great tundra.

A sight they have not anticipated seeing thinking that it is a question of by how much they are going to win by.

They are going to have to rent some extra ice and whirpool baths. Am I correct that close to a dozen Yellowjacket players where either hurt or were very slow getting up? Lamont Simmons must not feel very good after getting a missile hit by MoTown. How about that poor DL that served as a whoopie cushion for Faalele?

The thing that impressed me is the physicality was man on man within the bounds of the game. Nothing malicious. Nothing late. Just playing hard and having more want

The Yellowjackets got mauled by a swarm of knife wielding polar bears from the great tundra.

A sight they have not anticipated seeing thinking that it is a question of by how much they are going to win by.

They are going to have to rent some extra ice and whirpool baths. Am I correct that close to a dozen Yellowjacket players where either hurt or were very slow getting up? Lamont Simmons must not feel very good after getting a missile hit by MoTown. How about that poor DL that served as a whoopie cushion for Faalele?

That was a 270 pound DE. OUCH!

Top Bottom