Ticket sales for bowl game???

U2Gopher

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, does anyone know how much of each team’s allotment was sold??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because he’s curious?

why does it matter...?

Because we are generally considered by bowls as a poor selection because we don’t seem to travel as well as they would like us to. As such, was curious to see how much of our ticket allotment we actually sold and was curious how that compared to Tech. I’d like to be able to dispel that negative perception of us with a solid attendance figure.

I’m curious as well. Valid question.

Because we are generally considered by bowls as a poor selection because we don’t seem to travel as well as they would like us to. As such, was curious to see how much of our ticket allotment we actually sold and was curious how that compared to Tech. I’d like to be able to dispel that negative perception of us with a solid attendance figure.

The B1G basically decides which team goes to which tie-in bowl. I think I read they also buy the unsold tickets....

We kicked it up in Orlando, and the San Diego crowd was pretty good considering.

Last edited:

@Kelly_Quinlan (December 26, 2018). "Attendance for the Quick Lane bowl is 27,228" (Tweet). Retrieved December 26, 2018 – via Twitter.

I had seen this earlier today reading a blurb at a store. It is either the highest attendance in the 5 years of existence or the 2nd highest. Can't remember. All fans were seated in the lower bowl.

@Kelly_Quinlan (December 26, 2018). "Attendance for the Quick Lane bowl is 27,228" (Tweet). Retrieved December 26, 2018 – via Twitter.

I had seen this earlier today reading a blurb at a store. It is either the highest attendance in the 5 years of existence or the 2nd highest. Can't remember. All fans were seated in the lower bowl.

The stands were full behind the end zones during the FGs. Plus, I assume a lot of the GT fans took advantage of the bowl game to get out of the bitter cold weather back home...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When your in nothing but ****ty bowl game year after year, San Diego and Orlando will be better attended than your Quick Lane Bowls of the world.

When your in nothing but ****ty bowl game year after year, San Diego and Orlando will be better attended than your Quick Lane Bowls of the world.

We didn't exactly earn it this year to get a better bowl. Hopefully next year we can go somewhere warm etc. Weather is getting unpredictable now so we have to be-careful what we wish for.

34K when we played there three years ago. Probably a good number of Central Michigan fans.

Top Bottom