***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS GEORGIA TECH QUICK LANE BOWL IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Carpenter has missed several times the last part of the year... 16 to 0 would have been nice!

I feel like Fleck is playing not to lose... and I fear it's gonna catch up to him. I love that we can run and are running good but I feel like they're just playing it safe. Well, GT seems to be slowly gaining momentum on offense, and so the safe play may not last. I'm not saying to throw it deep every play but get a little more creative on offense. I'm thrilled at the lead but we should be up a lot more, because of how dominating our defense was.

Rough end to an otherwise very good half. Need to come out and make a stop to keep it rolling

Observations from the 1st half:
I can't wait to see Ibrahim after an off season in the weight room - his lean is elite
Defense playing fast and disciplined
Would like to see more inside slants and timing routes (someone mentioned it earlier)
Defensive scheme perfect - let's see how G Tech adjusts at halftime
Morgan is good, but still has work to do especially downfield

But I like it!
Go Gophers!

I feel like Fleck is playing not to lose... and I fear it's gonna catch up to him. I love that we can run and are running good but I feel like they're just playing it safe. Well, GT seems to be slowly gaining momentum on offense, and so the safe play may not last. I'm not saying to throw it deep every play but get a little more creative on offense. I'm thrilled at the lead but we should be up a lot more, because of how dominating our defense was.

Yep.

Carpenter needs to make those if he is thinking of playing in the NFL.

I like Emmit Carpenter but my level of confidence I have in him is about the same I had for Blair Walsh back in the day.

If you had told me before the game it would be 13-3 at the half I would have taken it.

Classic case of dominating an opponent for an entire half, but not scoring enough to have a real edge. Gopher offense much too conservative. If Ga Tech comes alive in the second half, this 10-pt advantage could disappear fast. Gophers need to pass more.

I like Emmit Carpenter but my level of confidence I have in him is about the same I had for Blair Walsh back in the day.

I like that Blair Walsh has turned into a verb: "He Walshed that one to the left."

Georgia Tech is playing with 2 deep safeties. They are playing to take away the pass and daring us to run. The game plan has been great, we’ve just stalled out in the red zone a few times.

It was 54 yards. Not many college kickers are going to connect on that.

Tech defense will cave in the 2nd half, offense has worn them down nicely. Tech may score but the Gophers will too, a lot.

Is it three games in a row where the other team was able to effortlessly drive and score at the end of the half? We need to figure out how to defend those situations.

Other than that, pleased with a 10 point lead. Great job by the staff having the boys ready to stop the option.

I think he was riding the hot hand with Ibrahim having a great half and keeping time of possession on their side. I think the mistakes were when they got aggressive they did deep fade routes which is not Morgan's forte to say the least. Looking forward to 2nd half adjustments.

Morgan did not look good on the deep balls today. Even the TD was a great adjustment by Johnson. Other then that, we've looked good. Converted 3rd downs, held the ball and looked extremely good on defense.

Threw one slant to TJ and he got drilled. Overall, happy with the half but should be up 3 TD’s. Young team will learn to convert more in the red zone. I guess they need Case IH in Detroit. Ibrahim is a beast!

Every option play, Marshall needs to eat turf

It's hard to even follow the ball on tv with the triple option.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Way to go D

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom