***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS GEORGIA TECH QUICK LANE BOWL IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Ablolutely love the pounding the O-line and Ibrahim put on G-Tech mixed in with the occasional big pass play to keep the defense honest. Awesome.

Even more impressed with how well the defense handled G-Tech. I understand O-line better than D-line, but it looked to me like the D-tackles were varying whether they would take on blocks directly to protect the linebackers (sometimes double teams) or shoot the gaps and disrupt play behind the lines. Linebackers and D-backs flew to the ball. All in all great defensive effort.

Game is over and the ESPN HD feed is back to working correctly. Go figure.

Who was the fat ass, white, ESPN in-studio commentator? I wanted to punch him in the throat.

Game is over and the ESPN HD feed is back to working correctly. Go figure.
Hmmm.... more of my HD Channels are getting messed up. Fox 9+.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I worked today so had to watch it a few hours behind. What an ass kicking. Dominated both lines of scrimmage. Super excited for next year.

Yes. I have Comcast as well and its virtually unwatchable.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Late input here, but I also have Xfinity and both the picture and audio sucked throughout the second half. I did a scan of other stations and it seemed all the sports channels were the same way, while the other channels were fine. How come this $hit never happens when I'm vegging in front of a Mountain West game at 11pm on a Saturday night, not when I want to watch my school in a bowl game? I ended up streaming the game from my phone to AppleTV and it worked well enough.

Late input here, but I also have Xfinity and both the picture and audio sucked throughout the second half. I did a scan of other stations and it seemed all the sports channels were the same way, while the other channels were fine. How come this $hit never happens when I'm vegging in front of a Mountain West game at 11pm on a Saturday night, not when I want to watch my school in a bowl game? I ended up streaming the game from my phone to AppleTV and it worked well enough.

When Comcast Xfinity dropped the B1G Network last spring, I dropped Comcast. Yes, I know they have B1G back, but I am enjoying a huge savings with YouTubeTV on my Apple TV and my 4k Screen. Since I have ATT Wireless, I get HBO free, Have Amazon Prime and pay for Netflix. There are a lot of streaming options and encourage anyone not happy with their traditoinal provider to try either AppleTV or Roku.

Had to watch the game late tonight, but was available to avoid knowing anything about it. I was shocked by how the Gophers played as I the most likely outcome, in my mind, was a comfortable Georgia Tech win. I listened to a gambling podcast this weekend (Stanford Steve and the Bear) where they were going over all the bowl games to be played this week and "the Bear" was saying how he didn't know of anyone who was "on Minnesota" in this game. From my own perspective, I had heard so little about the bowl game from the Gophers side and combining that with this being Coach Johnson's last game for Georgia Tech I thought Tech would be the team that came ready to play. Instead, it was the Gophers who flat out dominated in seemingly every area of this football game. If not for some really curious decision making on the Gophers last drive before halftime, the Gophers would have pitched a shutout in the first half.

Mo Ibrahim was simply fantastic. He always seems to get the absolute most yardage out of every run with the exception of being caught from behind due to his lack of long speed. The kid runs like he's 250 on first contact, but still moves like a scat back to get through small holes. Any time we needed a play, Ibrahim seemed to make it.

How about Coach Rossi? I don't know if I can be skeptical about making him the full time DC any more. His defense came out and just shut down a Georgia Tech offense that had been pretty good this year. Really solid tackling and a great job of staying assignment sound by the entire defense tonight. When you combine Rossi's defense with Coach C's offense that hasn't punted in 6 quarters, you've got a lot of reasons to be excited about the Gophers.

The fact that the Gophers were ready to play today speaks very well to the leadership of Coach Fleck. It was pretty clear that he was on the road recruiting for much of bowl prep season. The game was going to be in Detroit the day after Christmas in front of probably less than 20K fans and the defense was going to have to deal with the potential for being cut blocked on every play. There was literally nothing attractive about playing this game. You also had the potential distractions of the suspension(s?) and two starters choosing to forgo the bowl game. It would have been very easy, perhaps normal, for a team to come out flat and go through the motions. Instead, the Gophers played one of their better games of the season and played with a lot of fire.

After watching the game, now I can understand why the GT players were "disappointed" when they found out they'd be playing the Gophers in their bowl game. Those guys won't be eating any pancakes for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Comcast Xfinity dropped the B1G Network last spring, I dropped Comcast. Yes, I know they have B1G back, but I am enjoying a huge savings with YouTubeTV on my Apple TV and my 4k Screen. Since I have ATT Wireless, I get HBO free, Have Amazon Prime and pay for Netflix. There are a lot of streaming options and encourage anyone not happy with their traditoinal provider to try either AppleTV or Roku.

Yeah but who provides your internet? Odds are it's a cable company ... they've got that game rigged too, mostly. DSL just can't keep up, for most people. So the phone companies can only provide marginal competition. Now, if there is fiber optic involved, from whatever company, then you've got a fighting chance to tell your local cableco to really shove it!

People are talking up 5G as the savior of internet ... but I remain skeptical that wireless will be a beacon of hope for consumer ISP any time soon. Reason being, they already charge you huge prices just for a few gigs of data a month ... why are they just going to give that up? I bet most households consume hundreds of gigs a month over their landline ISP ... and the more video streaming you're doing, from multiple devices at once, the worse it is. I don't see it. But who knows.

Yeah but who provides your internet? Odds are it's a cable company ... they've got that game rigged too, mostly. DSL just can't keep up, for most people. So the phone companies can only provide marginal competition. Now, if there is fiber optic involved, from whatever company, then you've got a fighting chance to tell your local cableco to really shove it!

We have Frontier FiOS (Fiber Optic) in our area (WA State) as competition for Comcast, so I switched to them for internet and have 150 Mbps both up and down for $50.00/month. With Comcast we had 125 down and 12 up. The nice thing about fiber is each home has a dedicated line to the larger pipe, where cable is shared by multiple homes.

We have Frontier FiOS (Fiber Optic) in our area (WA State) as competition for Comcast, so I switched to them for internet and have 150 Mbps both up and down for $50.00/month. With Comcast we had 125 down and 12 up. The nice thing about fiber is each home has a dedicated line to the larger pipe, where cable is shared by multiple homes.

That's awesome! Glad to hear it

There is a company going neighborhood by neighborhood in the city of Mpls, installing fiber optic. Provide much faster service, at cheaper prices, than anything Comcast gets close to. It's really interesting to me, because I know that build out must be expensive, and with their cheaper prices I'm sure the profit margin is much thinner than what Comcast bilks out of its customers ... so it makes you wonder, who is behind it? Who is investing/funding that? Certainly isn't Comcast, and it's illegal for a city government to do it (the cableco's saw to that) ...

Last edited:

Top Bottom