Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Gopher View Post
    Greene yes. He was playing hurt and it made all the sense in the world for him to skip the bowl game and get healthy. People forget that Matt Spaeth skipped the bowl in 2006 after playing with a separated shoulder down the stretch and helping us go on that 3 game win streak/beat Iowa etc.

Regarding Cashman, there is plenty of scuttlebutt that he would've been involved in the suspension but PJ allowed him to bow out gracefully instead.
    Oh, I remember. Spaeth's replacement, Jack Simmons, had some nice catches in the first half of that fateful Tempe bowl game vs. Texas Tech. In the second half, however, when it was time to kill the clock on the ground, Spaeth's superior blocking skills were sorely missed.

With a much improved offensive line and experienced qbs, TJ will have a much better year next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    With a much improved offensive line and experienced qbs, TJ will have a much better year next year.
    It will also be hard to decide who to cover with Bateman and Autman-Bell on the field. Plus our RB will be as deep and any team in the nation. Gonna be fun to watch this offense next year.
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
    It will also be hard to decide who to cover with Bateman and Autman-Bell on the field. Plus our RB will be as deep and any team in the nation. Gonna be fun to watch this offense next year.
    Add to that the possibility of Spann-Ford being a pass catching threat at tight end.

Quote Originally Posted by LesBolstad View Post
    Love TJ, but he'd be about #3 or 4 option just between Bama and Clemson rosters.

I recommend he returns for senior year.
    I think that's nonsense. Of course those teams have a ton of talent and Bama's Jeudy won the award for top WR. But Johnson is absolutely an NFL WR and would be doing the same thing he's doing now for them. He'd be no worse than the #3 WR for either of those teams and I'd bet he'd be a co #1 for Clemson and the #2 for Bama. He's consistently gotten open and made plays against high level competition for 2 years while seeing far fewer favorable coverages than those guys as teams aren't having to gear up to stop our running game like Bamas and Clemson's and we also don't have the same level of talent in our other WRs nor does he have an NFL QB throwing to him. Johnson is legit, not some guy putting up stats because someone has to catch the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    Add to that the possibility of Spann-Ford being a pass catching threat at tight end.
    Not sure Ciarrocca has any plays where a TE goes out on a route.

Kidding .... but kinda not.

Quote Originally Posted by oleboy41 View Post
    I think that's nonsense. Of course those teams have a ton of talent and Bama's Jeudy won the award for top WR. But Johnson is absolutely an NFL WR and would be doing the same thing he's doing now for them. He'd be no worse than the #3 WR for either of those teams and I'd bet he'd be a co #1 for Clemson and the #2 for Bama. He's consistently gotten open and made plays against high level competition for 2 years while seeing far fewer favorable coverages than those guys as teams aren't having to gear up to stop our running game like Bamas and Clemson's and we also don't have the same level of talent in our other WRs nor does he have an NFL QB throwing to him. Johnson is legit, not some guy putting up stats because someone has to catch the ball
    Totally agree, Oleboy. His footwork to get open has gotten a praise, he adjusts to the ball well in flight and he can go up and make really tough catches.
    As a fan base are we always a little harder on our own players? Was it like this for Decker after his Junior year on Gopherhole?

Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    That will be pretty hard to do considering he broke the yardage and touchdown reception records this year and with Bateman and CAB being sophs....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oleboy41 View Post
    Agreed. There is always this rush to assume that the National Championship contenders have the best players at every position. But I assure you that even Clemson and Alabama would like to pick and choose a few guys off our roster.

Pioneer press. He is coming back for senior year

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.twi...or-season/amp/
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by West Fargo Gopher Fan View Post
    Pioneer press. He is coming back for senior year

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.twi...or-season/amp/
    Awesome news.

TJ is one of the great Gophers and I'm excited to see him and the entire offense next season.

I dont know how to post tweets but TJ tweeted "Last Ride" with a pic of him playing for Gophers.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Not sure Ciarrocca has any plays where a TE goes out on a route.

Kidding .... but kinda not.
    Fleck really likes Ford so anticipating something to occur for him.

I'm excited for next year.