Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I wish the media would shut up about Tyler going pro - he can make All-America next year, maybe win the Biletnikoff Award and go higher in the draft. Goes without saying we need him.

"see you next year"

Last edited by die hard gopher; 12-26-2018 at 09:53 PM.

Man I hope so Gobie

If he goes pro he goes pro, obviously we all hope he comes back but he will make whatever decision he thinks is best. I'm no draft expert so hopefully he gets good advice and makes the decision that is truly in his best interests.

If he does go pro he went out on a great note. But hopefully we get to watch #6 running routes and catching TDs for one more year. Would love to see what he and Bateman could do with another year together, could be truly special.

Quote Originally Posted by MNVCGUY View Post
    If he goes pro he goes pro, obviously we all hope he comes back but he will make whatever decision he thinks is best. I'm no draft expert so hopefully he gets good advice and makes the decision that is truly in his best interests.

If he does go pro he went out on a great note. But hopefully we get to watch #6 running routes and catching TDs for one more year. Would love to see what he and Bateman could do with another year together, could be truly special.
    TJ has learned a lot of the finer points of being a WR from the current coaching staff. another year will help him even more.

I think one thing we might have going in favor of his returning, that we haven't really had for a long time, is a legit chance to win a Div Title and to play in a New Year's Day Bowl game.

Will depend on if he believes that is possible or not? His staying or going might be something we fans can look at as an internal gauge of how high our hopes could be for next season? I mean, his leaving might not mean we don't have a chance, but his staying, if he could easily leave, could be a very good sign?

Quote Originally Posted by MNVCGUY View Post

"See you next year"

sounds like he already decided he is staying.

Kids seem like they love PJ and want to play for him

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Ruh roh Raggy!
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    Did someone mention that this year's crop of wide receivers in the NFL Draft is smaller than normal?

It is hard to say if waiting a year is to his benefit. A professional assessment by NFL scouts might be a prudent thing to do.

The average NFL career for a Wide Receiver is 2.81 years. If a Wide Receiver makes an opening day roster, the average career is 6 years.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...otball-league/
    I'm not sure that matters as much as you might think. Sometimes a late 1st round pick can slide up to early because of lack of competition, but a day 3 guy doesn't move up to day 2, a day 2 guy doesn't move up to day 1. Those rounds are more about the best players available than need. A mid talent WR doesn't become a stud just because there aren't any studs...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The most important reason why Tyler Johnson, Carter Coughlin, Thomas Barber, and other are staying is because they have some unfinished business to do. WIN a Big Ten Title!
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

The most important reason why Tyler Johnson, Carter Coughlin, Thomas Barber, and other are staying is because they have some unfinished business to do. WIN a Big Ten Title!
    It does feel that way based on their commentary

Perfect timing to have a team littered with MN kids (Coughlin, Andries, Olson, Barber, Mafe, Spann-Ford, etc.) have a great season while Kaden Johnson, Suggs, McDonald, etc. are deciding whether or not to stay home.