Reusse: Gophers have played in 19 bowl games (7-12). 3 Best victories

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Pat:

PLUS THREE

The Gophers have played in 19 bowl games (7-12). Best victories:

1. Rose Bowl, Jan. 1, 1962, Gophers 21, UCLA 3: After being upset a year earlier, the Gophers went back to Pasadena and proved their mettle.

2. Music City Bowl, Dec. 31, 2004, Gophers 20, Alabama 16: It was a 6-5 Alabama team dealing with recruiting limits, but it gave Glen Mason’s teams a three-game bowl victory streak over Oregon, Arkansas and the Tide.

3. Holiday Bowl, Dec. 27, 2016, Gophers 17, Washington State 12: School President Eric Kaler and AD Mark Coyle looked like death warmed over on the sidelines, as the Gophers — led by soon-to-be-fired Tracy Claeys — upset the Cougars.

http://www.startribune.com/college-football-just-might-have-too-many-bowl-games/503391262/

Go Gophers!!

‘03 Sun Bowl instead of ‘04 Music City Bowl.

‘03 Sun Bowl instead of ‘04 Music City Bowl.
I watched both games and I recall a greater feeling of accomplishment when we beat Alabama who in my mind was the team that I knew as Bear Bryant's team. The Oregon game was great too but they had not reached the top level yet so at that time, to me at least, they were very similar to the Gophers. To be honest I still think our expectation should be to match Oregon.

I watched both games and I recall a greater feeling of accomplishment when we beat Alabama who in my mind was the team that I knew as Bear Bryant's team. The Oregon game was great too but they had not reached the top level yet so at that time, to me at least, they were very similar to the Gophers. To be honest I still think our expectation should be to match Oregon.

I loved beating Alabama in the Music City Bowl, but the win against Oregon got us to 10 wins that season. Hard to pick, I had a great time at both games and have fond memories of them.

I loved beating Alabama in the Music City Bowl, but the win against Oregon got us to 10 wins that season. Hard to pick, I had a great time at both games and have fond memories of them.

I agree that 10th win was a big deal. Still is.

3. Holiday Bowl, Dec. 27, 2016, Gophers 17, Washington State 12: <b>School President Eric Kaler and AD Mark Coyle looked like death warmed over on the sidelines, </b>as the Gophers — led by soon-to-be-fired Tracy Claeys — upset the Cougars.

I’ll never forget how unable Coyle was to hide his disappointment that we were winning. So obvious and so sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll never forget how unable Coyle was to hide his disappointment that we were winning. So obvious and so sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the look on Coyle's face at the end of that game told the truth.

I still think that was a helluva win.

The band at the Music City Bowl was savage. They played Rocky Top gleefully to no end. Bama fans were irked.
After the game, the band director stated the song was always in the playlist rotation. Nod, nod Wink, wink.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom