Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Trump bringing home 1/2 the troops from Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    How do you quantify that? Who has requested our troops there?
    Real talk? I won’t pretend like I have that answer because I don’t. Trump recalled them, sh..t will happen and folks will complain. I will listen and determine if I agree. Formal request from person in charge of government or United Nations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sportsfan24; 12-23-2018 at 05:42 PM.

The land of cows, colleges and content providers.
    Blog Entries

Before the election, and not voting for Trump, I suggested bringing the troops home because we were over extended militarily and should have brought the troops home from Afghanistan. We could even move them back from Korea. The US force is only a trip wire in Korea. But, we are an allie and don't need to be a trip wire to show up for any necessary fight. Bring them home. I don't care about Afghanistan, Iraq, and most definitely not Syria. We are not ceding anything to anybody. And, regionally, the Middle East is not without considerable US assets elsewhere. Mattis is too hawkish. Trump actually has one thing right for a change. We are wasting billions on worthless military operations with very little payoff for reasons that have long since ceased to exist as a military mission.

As for our allies, they can simply follow suit and withdraw from operations that gain them nothing to concentrate those forces somewhere practical, like Poland or Ukraine.

Trump is not wrong for this pullout. The question nobody has asked is where they will be redeployed. Where?
    You can call me Shirley. The "S" has to stand for something!

Blog Entries

I hope they are headed back to their home CONUS base. We need to draw down/leave Germany and most every place too. They mostly just want the money we spend being there.

Force projection instead of forward deployed. Simple stuff way past due.
    Kingdom Warriors

If we go back to a country that manufacturers things, we can ramp down our military industrial complex, and go back to being a sleeping giant. It’s about time.

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    I hope they are headed back to their home CONUS base. We need to draw down/leave Germany and most every place too. They mostly just want the money we spend being there.

Force projection instead of forward deployed. Simple stuff way past due.
    I sure hope S2 comes along soon and gives you credit for your fancy terminology. I mean, these terms are obviously no “penchant,” but darned impressive nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    I sure hope S2 comes along soon and gives you credit for your fancy terminology. I mean, these terms are obviously no “penchant,” but darned impressive nonetheless.
    You’ve never served. That’s why you’re clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry View Post
    Yeah, that must be it. CONUS. That one was nearly impossible to figure out. I almost had to look it up. And who could have conceived of a strategy of reserving capability of force without foreign deployment? Not a layman, no sir! Thanks, Angry!

Yeah, that must be it. CONUS. That one was nearly impossible to figure out. I almost had to look it up. And who could have conceived of a strategy of reserving capability of force without foreign deployment? Not a layman, no sir! Thanks, Angry!
    I’ve never had sex with a horse but I’m sure I wouldn’t like it.

The fact remains. Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Angry View Post
    fake jake cant even serve ice cream.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post

I am trying really hard to withhold the deserved comment on this. It has nothing to do with NDSU either.
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    I am trying really hard to withhold the deserved comment on this. It has nothing to do with NDSU either.
    Are you withholding comments about North Dakota women! You scoundrel!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post

Are you talking top or bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    Are you talking top or bottom?
    I’m going to have to say neither. They both would be unpleasant but one of them would require reconstructive surgery!

There is exactly one poster who tries to hide lack of knowledge by consulting the thesaurus. And it ain’t DH.