USF started the season 7-0. They finished the season 7-6.

2011 Illinois started 6-0, then lost their last 6 regular season games before winning a bowl game against UCLA to end at 7-6.

Gopher Nation! Thanks for bringing up a painful Iowa memory...still can picture them carrying one of the uprights up the stairs.

The Goalpost game was in 2002 not 2008, though the 55-0 beatdown to close out the Gophers tenure at the HHH Dome was pretty bad.

The Goalpost game was in 2002 not 2008, though the 55-0 beatdown to close out the Gophers tenure at the HHH Dome was pretty bad.

That's right...2008 was the bathroom incident. My traveling Iowa fans memories tend to get mixed up since they all are pretty bad. Worst traveling fans I've ever been around.

That Northwestern game and the Webber pick was a heart breaker. I think Decker got hurt on that play too.

Decker got hurt and tipped the ball to the defender. If he catches it and doesn’t get hurt we are almost in field goal range. 8-1. Probably finish 9-3 or 10-2 with a healthy decker.

Football is a funny game. One play can completely make or ruin a season. Like when Barkley broke the run against us and we lost at Penn State.
I honestly think if Minnesota wins that game that their coach is on the hotseat. Since then Penn state has been a great program.

Just for fun....in 1977, Wisconsin started the year 5-0. They then got shellacked by Michigan 56-0 the week before
we shut Michigan out, and finished 5-6.

We got the Jug and the Axe that year, and that happened to Wisconsin.

Life doesn't really get any better than that.

The Bulls are my #2 college team (behind the Gophers of course), so I follow them closely. Charlie Strong is one of the worst head coaches I've ever seen at any level. Strong and his staff completely wasted the most talented USF squad of all time in 2017, when they should have had UCF's season that year. This year the talent wasn't as good, but definitely should have won at least 9 games rather than this debacle. The team fundamentals have been horse ****, tons of penalties, offense has no identity and is completely predictable, while the defense is undisciplined with poor tackling. Probably worst of all is the team clearly has no motivation, consistently looking like they are sleep-walking and just want the game over with so they can go netflix-n-chill with their girl. No clue how Strong has swindled anybody into thinking he is competent.

The Bulls are my #2 college team (behind the Gophers of course), so I follow them closely. Charlie Strong is one of the worst head coaches I've ever seen at any level. Strong and his staff completely wasted the most talented USF squad of all time in 2017, when they should have had UCF's season that year. This year the talent wasn't as good, but definitely should have won at least 9 games rather than this debacle. The team fundamentals have been horse ****, tons of penalties, offense has no identity and is completely predictable, while the defense is undisciplined with poor tackling. Probably worst of all is the team clearly has no motivation, consistently looking like they are sleep-walking and just want the game over with so they can go netflix-n-chill with their girl. No clue how Strong has swindled anybody into thinking he is competent.

He had half the Gopherholers convinced he was the second coming of Bernie Bierman.

Top Bottom