Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill's Staff

Default Kill's Staff

Sawvel was let go during the season at Wake Forest and now Klein not retained at UCONN.

Hard to evaluate guys doing jobs that weren't exactly the same under Kill.

We see position / misc coaches that are great there move to coordinator and stink, and coordinators move to HC and aren't good.

I it reminds me of a company that the company I worked for once acquired. They had a nasty habit of making skilled / productive technical folks ... managers of their various teams or departments. The results were messes in every way possible. They're so much not the same job even if they do similar things / work with folks who they know / whose job they know.

Sawvel in particular was seen as a very good coach here. How do you mess up Klein’s job that quickly?

I think it's hard to judge these guys when you don't know the philosophy pushed by their managers / head coach or coordinator. If they have conflicting ideas it wont work.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Sawvel did an excellent job coaching up our defensive backs...

...don't work here anymore. I don't think I've ever tracked my co-workers after they left. Weird.
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
    ...don't work here anymore. I don't think I've ever tracked my co-workers after they left. Weird.
    Jebus that's one of the first things I do "Hey where did that guy find another job?!?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
    Agreed. These guys have all been gone 2-3 years, and none of them are ever coming back. Who cares?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Agreed. These guys have all been gone 2-3 years, and none of them are ever coming back. Who cares?
    Certainly not gonna search them out but also definitely curious enough to read the thread. The exception is Tracy...I do root for him to have good fortune and pay some attention to Washington St. He and the pirate make quite the duo to root for.

Quote Originally Posted by 60's Guy View Post
    Certainly not gonna search them out but also definitely curious enough to read the thread. The exception is Tracy...I do root for him to have good fortune and pay some attention to Washington St. He and the pirate make quite the duo to root for.
    Agreed.
    Yes, I did win the Gopherhole 2016 Bracket Challenge - Yes, it was a total fluke.
    Kaler & Coyle are scum and should be sent packing!

Blog Entries

Then why did you go to this thread and comment?

Quote Originally Posted by 46Gophers View Post
    Then why did you go to this thread and comment?
    Your mom told me to.

Great. So no more threads or comments about Mason, Brewster, Kill, et al.

I can get behind this.
    by station19 - Quit talking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxyJR1 View Post
    Sawvel was let go during the season at Wake Forest and now Klein not retained at UCONN.
    I think UCONN fired their whole staff
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered User View Post
    Great. So no more threads or comments about Mason, Brewster, Kill, et al.

I can get behind this.

Can we talk about players who leave? Graduate?