Kill's Staff

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Sawvel was let go during the season at Wake Forest and now Klein not retained at UCONN.

Hard to evaluate guys doing jobs that weren't exactly the same under Kill.

We see position / misc coaches that are great there move to coordinator and stink, and coordinators move to HC and aren't good.

I it reminds me of a company that the company I worked for once acquired. They had a nasty habit of making skilled / productive technical folks ... managers of their various teams or departments. The results were messes in every way possible. They're so much not the same job even if they do similar things / work with folks who they know / whose job they know.

Sawvel in particular was seen as a very good coach here. How do you mess up Klein’s job that quickly?

I think it's hard to judge these guys when you don't know the philosophy pushed by their managers / head coach or coordinator. If they have conflicting ideas it wont work.

Sawvel did an excellent job coaching up our defensive backs...

...don't work here anymore. I don't think I've ever tracked my co-workers after they left. Weird.

...don't work here anymore. I don't think I've ever tracked my co-workers after they left. Weird.

Agreed. These guys have all been gone 2-3 years, and none of them are ever coming back. Who cares?

Agreed. These guys have all been gone 2-3 years, and none of them are ever coming back. Who cares?

Certainly not gonna search them out but also definitely curious enough to read the thread. The exception is Tracy...I do root for him to have good fortune and pay some attention to Washington St. He and the pirate make quite the duo to root for.

Certainly not gonna search them out but also definitely curious enough to read the thread. The exception is Tracy...I do root for him to have good fortune and pay some attention to Washington St. He and the pirate make quite the duo to root for.

Agreed.

Great. So no more threads or comments about Mason, Brewster, Kill, et al.

I can get behind this.

Must of thought long and hard on that one.

tenor.gif

College football assistants move around a lot. Sometimes they get fired for performance, sometimes they take a better job, and many times their head coach gets fired and they are out of a job because of it.

Sawvel getting fired mid season was a bit of a surprise but outside of that there is really no reason to track the movement of assistants after they leave because in most cases they have multiple stops until they rise to the coordinator or head coach level. And even after that it is still a super volatile industry.

Your mom told me to.

The implication that dpodoll68 has ever had an interaction with a female is what makes this comment outstanding. Sort of like Michael Scott saying "that's what she said."

In this case, I think it has to do with the way they left MN. A lot of people liked Kill and Claeys, and by extension liked members of their staff.

I suspect that the more someone likes Fleck, the less interest they have in what the old staff is doing. The less people like Fleck, the more interest they may have in what the old staff is doing.

And FWIW, this is not unusual on this site. I can recall posts tracking what some of Mason's old staff was doing. (and regular mentions in Sid's columns) they were "one of us" once, so we retain some interest due to our Minnesota parochialism.

But, as noted, Kill's staff was unusual in its longevity. Most assistant coaches move around a lot. Even top-20 level programs have turnover.

The implication that dpodoll68 has ever had an interaction with a female is what makes this comment outstanding. Sort of like Michael Scott saying "that's what she said."

My wife of 14 years, with whom I've procreated 3 times, will be thrilled to read your comment.

Sawvel was an awesome coach here. Even if he fails at every job he has from this day forward, that will never change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why that fact was left out of the OP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were at least four coaches let go together including him. Not sure if there has been others before this group. Sounds like the defense was almost non-existent.

Rob Reeves just finished up his first season as TE coach for Eastern Michigan (his family still resides in MN).

Actually over the course of his like 8 or so years on the show, Michael Scott hooked up with Jan, Holly, the lady that was married to the baseball coach, Pam’s mom...all decent looking. What point were you trying to make?

Top Bottom