Urban Meyer to teach

"Leadership and Character"

zqOs8yr.gif

Guy has leadership oozing out of his pores but lacked the ability to clean up a relationship between two really troubled individuals. Where is Dr. Phil or Maury when we need them.

I wish I knew the real story of Urban Meyer/Ohio State. The story seems rather odd. Suspended, survived a likely firing, coached very well all season with one hiccup to Purdue, wins the Big Ten, retires/quits, now teaching. Seems really odd when he could probably make a lot more money doing a lot less by being a talking head on TV.

I think all I really know is that the man can flat out coach. Everything else seems shady.

I wish I knew the real story of Urban Meyer/Ohio State. The story seems rather odd. Suspended, survived a likely firing, coached very well all season with one hiccup to Purdue, wins the Big Ten, retires/quits, now teaching. Seems really odd when he could probably make a lot more money doing a lot less by being a talking head on TV.

I think all I really know is that the man can flat out coach. Everything else seems shady.

I think the reason for not coaching, the health issue is real.

Also... he could just be waiting on the best possible offer.

Guy has leadership oozing out of his pores but lacked the ability to clean up a relationship between two really troubled individuals. Where is Dr. Phil or Maury when we need them.

I worry less about his managing his coach's relationship than I do about lying about what he knew and his mysterious txt messages that were deleted...

I worry less about his managing his coach's relationship than I do about lying about what he knew and his mysterious txt messages that were deleted...

He's co-teaching, so maybe he takes some PTO when they get the the ethics part of leadership?

In the context of responding to a falsehood (Smith being arrested) his dismissal of the story at the press conference is less concerning. He isn’t under any obligation to be truthful with the media.

As far as the texts one would have to know the context but the school or law enforcement could certainly recover them if they though it necessary to support firing for cause. I’ve never seen more bad assumptions before knowing all the facts than regarding the Urban Meyer story, and that’s saying something.

In the context of responding to a falsehood (Smith being arrested) his dismissal of the story at the press conference is less concerning. He isn’t under any obligation to be truthful with the media.

As far as the texts one would have to know the context but the school or law enforcement could certainly recover them if they though it necessary to support firing for cause. I’ve never seen more bad assumptions before knowing all the facts than regarding the Urban Meyer story, and that’s saying something.

I don't care about the press conference, or the media guy who seems to be going after Urban and tOSU.

It's pretty clear he lied to the school and deleted this txt messages to cover up what he knew.

I'd be fine if he took the PR hit for lying at a press conference and even keeping the abuser dude on staff, but the the whole lying about it to the school and deleting txt messages was pretty bad.

I don't care about the press conference, or the media guy who seems to be going after Urban and tOSU.

It's pretty clear he lied to the school and deleted this txt messages to cover up what he knew.

I'd be fine if he took the PR hit for lying at a press conference and even keeping the abuser dude on staff, but the the whole lying about it to the school and deleting txt messages was pretty bad.

If I remember correctly, his explanation of how/why the text got deleted was also questionable.

Like I said, no text is really deleted. If the school wanted them they’d have them. Maybe they did and they found out he deleted texts about his wife’s butt getting big and he didn’t want it to go public. Who knows? My point is the entire saga has been a set of faulty assumptions from the get go. A classic case of a know nothing public lynching someone before the facts were known. Sure, he’s no angel but which of us is? Wait, don’t answer that.

Like I said, no text is really deleted. If the school wanted them they’d have them. Maybe they did and they found out he deleted texts about his wife’s butt getting big and he didn’t want it to go public. Who knows? My point is the entire saga has been a set of faulty assumptions from the get go. A classic case of a know nothing public lynching someone before the facts were known. Sure, he’s no angel but which of us is? Wait, don’t answer that.

Interested to know your source for this...

I think it was clear that the school didn't WANT to know. Ohio St. had a dude quit their investigation or panel because Urban's own explanations didn't make sense but the school simply didn't want to know.

Urban's deleted texts were clearly Uban's doing and it wasn't some magic fairy who deleted the relevant txts from his phone, and lying to the school was plenty of reason for serious discipline or dismissal ... let alone the character class we have now.

You can take issue with the circus, but that's no reason to wipe Urban's own choices aside.

I think it was clear that the school didn't WANT to know. Ohio St. had a dude quit their investigation or panel because Urban's own explanations didn't make sense but the school simply didn't want to know.

Urban's deleted texts were clearly Uban's doing and it wasn't some magic fairy who deleted the relevant txts from his phone, and lying to the school was plenty of reason for serious discipline or dismissal ... let alone the character class we have now.

You can take issue with the circus, but that's no reason to wipe Urban's own choices aside.

Unless you know what the texts said you’re grasping at straws. It wasn’t a legal issue, and apparently the school didn’t think it was worth a consulting fee to recover them. Meyer admits he kept him around too long, wanted to protect the family. What would firing have solved. - serious question. Go.

This has to be a no show job.

How many seminars/classes/wet labs are (poorly) taught by foreign grad students speaking in tongues? If Urb shows up for a day as a visiting lecturer and shows future managers, directors, CEOs how to cover their texting tracks, is that a problem?

Top Bottom