STrib: Gophers' starting quarterback job could be a four-way race next season

Not confusing anything. Large doses of RPO in Purdue and Wisconsin games. You must be confusing me with gfl...

Guess we watched different games or have different definitions of what a RPO play is...

The mere threat of a QB running in their RPO offense will give pause to opposing defenses. The Gophers are loaded with pass catchers and runners. So, they don't have to have a Dual Threat QB or allow the QB to run often. Their offense will still hum with all the options they have.

We will have longevity at the QB position with the added talent. It was too bad Annexstad got hurt. The Gophers were just dialing in their entire offense. Inserting Faalele changed the whole complexion of the offense.

As long as it’s not a three-way, things should be fine.

Kramer is coming in for spring practice. Is Clark an early arrival? This is a good situation for now. At least until transfers come around.

I would be shocked if Kramer started. I don't think he ever starts for the gophers to be honest.

I would be shocked if Kramer started. I don't think he ever starts for the gophers to be honest.

I know little about him, but I would think he and everyone knows he's 4th going into 2019.

Morgan if he stays won't graduate until 2021.
ZA 2021/2022

This will be a logjam until someone transfers or takes a position change.
Next year will only add to it with another QB recruit or two.

Transfers or position changes will be a future topic with this group.

I'm confident we will pick the wrong one and the others will transfer and flourish elsewhere.

Oh wait, Brewster isn't the coach anymore!

I'm confident we will pick the wrong one and the others will transfer and flourish elsewhere.

Oh wait, Brewster isn't the coach anymore!

Did Brewster have a quarterback leave and then flourish somewhere else? The only qb I can remember that left here and then had some decent success was Streveler. Maybe I'm forgetting someone?

Did Brewster have a quarterback leave and then flourish somewhere else? The only qb I can remember that left here and then had some decent success was Streveler. Maybe I'm forgetting someone?

I'm sure if Alipate would have went elsewhere, he would have been a Heisman caliber QB.

I know little about him, but I would think he and everyone knows he's 4th going into 2019.

Morgan if he stays won't graduate until 2021.
ZA 2021/2022

This will be a logjam until someone transfers or takes a position change.
Next year will only add to it with another QB recruit or two.

Transfers or position changes will be a future topic with this group.

How are you so certain that Kramer is behind Clark?

I'd really try to redshirt all three of Annexstad, Clark, and Kramer next season. Would be nice to balance out the classes a bit, and the new 4 game rule makes this a real possibility.

This assumes Morgan is QB1 next year obviously (which I would wager on at this point).

Kramer is coming in for spring practice. Is Clark an early arrival? This is a good situation for now. At least until transfers come around.

Yes, Clark is a Spring Semester enrollee as well. Good stuff.

Under Brewster the main transfer was, well, Brewster (Clint), but it looks like he never played for Tennessee Tech (at least not QB). John Nance transferred to St. Thomas but went basketball.

Tom Parish transferred after Brew was canned, but I can't find anything about where he went. J.D. Pride signed with Indiana State after a year with Kill, but it doesn't look like he ever was actually on the roster?

Since Brew...

Nelson had a good season at East Carolina.

Roste had 1800 yards passing and 1023 rushing at Bethel.

Croft was having a decent season at Tennessee State until he got hurt (222 yards per game passing, 8 TD/2 INT, 36 yards per game rushing).

Perra had a decent career at St. Thomas.

So none at another P5.

I know Nelson was set to go to Rutgers, and we know what happened ...

Top Bottom