Season Ticket Holder Options for addtl. Single-game Seating

Reaction score
To season ticket veterans:

Scenario- If I would like to purchase two season tickets, but also want the option to purchase two additional tickets (and have them all grouped together) for any single game at a later date.

Does the ticket office offer any option to trade in your two season tickets for that single game and purchase two single game tickets (at the same face value as season tickets), so that four seats would be seated together?

I’m asking because this has been a deterrent for me when considering whether to purchase season tickets. (Smaller than total cost outlay itself, but still a deterrent)

I know I could probably call the ticket office and ask this as well, but I wanted to see what GH thought of this situation. If this isn’t an option, it most definitely should be. Season ticket holders’ only alternative would be to sell their season tickets on the secondary market and purchase four new seats, right? I have to imagine this practice would discourage total sales ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To season ticket veterans:

Scenario- If I would like to purchase two season tickets, but also want the option to purchase two additional tickets (and have them all grouped together) for any single game at a later date.

Does the ticket office offer any option to trade in your two season tickets for that single game and purchase two single game tickets (at the same face value as season tickets), so that four seats would be seated together?

I’m asking because this has been a deterrent for me when considering whether to purchase season tickets. (Smaller than total cost outlay itself, but still a deterrent)

I know I could probably call the ticket office and ask this as well, but I wanted to see what GH thought of this situation. If this isn’t an option, it most definitely should be. Season ticket holders’ only alternative would be to sell their season tickets on the secondary market and purchase four new seats, right? I have to imagine this practice would discourage total sales ...

The Twins allow that, but I am pretty sure the Gophers don't.

Let us know what happens because I would be interested in doing this for a few games. Thanks

That would be a way to reward season ticket holders and increase ticket sales. So, I would find it unlikely this would be allowed.

Ya that response hit the nail on the head.

Just buy the two cheapest seats you can find and then go sit somewhere together in the stadium. I have done that many times. The row in front of us was empty all year so friends would just come and sit with us.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

True same for Mariucci never a problem finding huge chunks of open seats lol.

I have a feeling you will not have a hard time finding four consecutive seats in any section of the stadium next season.

Just buy the two cheapest seats you can find and then go sit somewhere together in the stadium. I have done that many times. The row in front of us was empty all year so friends would just come and sit with us.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

This is exactly what my brother does. It has never not worked

Make the phone call. Then you won't have to deal with all the "pretty sure" comments.
Last time I emailed the U with this type of question they never replied. And don't you think they would advertise this extensively if it was a perk they offered?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

I’m pretty sure you can’t do that.

Last time I emailed the U with this type of question they never replied. And don't you think they would advertise this extensively if it was a perk they offered?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

...phone call
...talk to person
...get answer
...hang up

Human interaction tends to work.

...phone call
...talk to person
...get answer
...hang up

In my experience most places you get a better response from an email. It's easier to send it up the chain. Phone calls to a ticket office you get the minimum wage earning phone answerer that sends you to someone's voicemail. Commence phone tag. Email should be way easier for everyone involved.

I've even asked the Twins ticket office advance scheduling questions via email and had immediate and accurate responses.

...phone call
...talk to person
...get answer
...hang up

Wait! You make calls on your phone?

giphy.gif

Top Bottom