View Poll Results: Which member of the 2019 Gophers football recruiting class are you most excited for?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rashad Cheney

19 15.97%
  • Tyler Nubin

11 9.24%
  • Jacob Clark

34 28.57%
  • Keonte Schad

6 5.04%
  • Nnamdi Adim-Madumere

11 9.24%
  • James Gordon IV

7 5.88%
  • DíVion Harris

1 0.84%
  • MJ Anderson

3 2.52%
  • Jason Williamson

15 12.61%
  • Other

12 10.08%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    Loved the entire class! But, I'd have to say the Defense starting with Rashad Cheney and Donald Willis (the next Eric Murray?) is a helluva uplift.
    Willis plays linebacker, so I certainly hope he's not the next Eric Murray.

Loved the entire class! But, I'd have to say the Defense starting with Rashad Cheney and Donald Willis (the next Eric Murray?) is a helluva uplift.
    Isn't Willis a LB and Murray was a CB though? Maybe the next Devodre Campbell?

Gordon. They say he is a dude. We havenít had a dude that I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Willis plays linebacker, so I certainly hope he's not the next Eric Murray.
    I hope he is as good as Murray, but that's like saying I hope Willis is the next Maroney. I'm guessing he is referring to Murray being under the radar, but Willis had a lot more recruiting interest than Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by EG#9 View Post
    I went with Nubin of the players listed, but there are more kids I am excited to see in this class than even last years class. The tiebreakers in favor of Nubin were position of need, having the body type to play immediately, and having 4 years to play as opposed to two. Look at a kid that's not even listed like Cam Wiley though: he's 6'2 195 has some very good verified 40 times and is already really cut up physically. According to Ryan Burns, a team that's preparing for the college football playoff tried to get in on him late. He might be the RB that hits the hole and takes it to the house that we haven't had since Maroney...or it's possible he switches positions.
    I hope that you are right, but I don't see it.

Clemson tried to flip D’Vion Harris just before signing day. Marcus West was extremely excited about him and said something to the effect of it’s just a matter of time before he’s leading the B1G in sacks.

I put Williamson but only because I am skeptical of our QB recruits and he may never end up here. I would love to see Clark shine from day 1.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GringaGopher View Post
    I put Williamson but only because I am skeptical of our QB recruits and he may never end up here. I would love to see Clark shine from day 1.
    What do you mean by the “...skeptical of our QB recruits and he may never end up here”. Are there rumors Clark or Kramer aren’t going to enroll?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    Gordon. They say he is a dude. We havenít had a dude that I can remember.
    Lol. Well make that one more for
    Gordon then.

Fleck did spend an inordinate amount of time talking about him in his signing day presser.

Iím assuming his dude status, coupled with our need for additional LBers after the losses of Cashman, Huff, and Martin (?) means he is likely a candidate to play snaps next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The safety we need, but haven't signed yet.
    If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

Blog Entries

Okay. If you hold a gun to my head and had five seconds to spit out a name, I'd say Jacob Clark although I really like the whole defensive recruits.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Okay. If you hold a gun to my head and had five seconds to spit out a name, I'd say Jacob Clark although I really like the whole defensive recruits.
    +1
    Go Gophers!

You are only as good as your o-line. No love for Guedet?

J.J. Guedet is 6í7Ē and 307. All State Honors. Lists offers from Iowa, Iowa State, Illinois. Committed in early March, so limits number of offers, put on a lot of size over last year. Played both ways.

Rivals 5.7 rating puts him behind only Nubin and Clark (both 5.8). 247 composite ranking puts him as sixth best in Minnesota class, assuming Kristian Williams commmits.

Edgy Tim, the long time Illinois recruiting guy, puts him as 4th best recruit in IL, just ahead of Nubin.

Our only o-line recruit for 2019, so far. Sounds like the St. Croix Falls recruit, Tyler Cooper, will be delayed until 2020. (Note that Ryan Burns says staff loves the upside on Cooper.)

Callahan earned some oline respect with what he did this year, and at WMU. Illinois is his home base, so if this is the Illinois lineman he liked, speaks highly of Guedet.
    Last edited by swingman; 12-29-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caliGopher View Post
    The safety we need, but haven't signed yet.
    Nubin has some size...Clemmons plays physical...both may be options.

But, yes, would love a grad transfer or late juco safety added to roster.

Wiley reminds me a little of John Clay.

The comments on Harris by West were very encouraging and eye opening. Harris has some very nice offers listed (Florida, Michigan, Kentucky, Purdue, Utah, Arizona, Illinois, Louisville). Will be fun to watch.

The other St Louis dline recruit, Anderson, reported even better offers...ND, TCU, Ark, Duke, Ames, KU,KSU, KY, Sparty, Neb, PU, RU, uVA, soCar...will be fun to watch.