Which member of the 2019 Gophers football recruiting class are you most excited for?

Which member of the 2019 Gophers football recruiting class are you most excited for?

• Rashad Cheney

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • Tyler Nubin

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Jacob Clark

Votes: 34 28.6%
  • Keonte Schad

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Nnamdi Adim-Madumere

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • James Gordon IV

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • D’Vion Harris

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • MJ Anderson

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Jason Williamson

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • Other

Votes: 12 10.1%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I'm like at the buffet line with many awesome choices. Like wise with these guys I can't make up my mind. Awesome class!

I voted Cheney, but I am so excited for this entire dline class...

Screen shot this:

Donald Willis will end up being the best recruit in this class.

There are several good choices. Gordon is interesting in that a couple of Florida schools tried hard at the end to flip him.

I went Tyler Nubin. 6'2" DB. Hes physically ready to play right now. And I expect him to be a 4 year contributor for this team

Lot of options but I went with Cheney. A defensive tackle that Alabama and Georgia (along with many others) are interested in has to be seen as a good sign. Richardson was a nice player for us but we have been lacking in truly dominant D-Line play for a long time around here.

With or without Williamson this looks like an impressive D-Line class. If a few really pan out we could finally see D-Line start to be a strength again similar to how it was in the early Mason years.

I went with my 2019 crush, Jacob Clark. Watched him play in 4 games this year. B1G time arm talent, moves in the pocket at an advanced level, and plays his best in the biggest games. I think he competes for QB1 on day one of camp.

Not having watched much of any of these guys, I have to go with the QB because it's the area of biggest influence.

If you hit on an NFL caliber QB, you can win a couple games you wouldn't expect to win.
Having said that, Cole Kramer could beat him out. None of us really know. We're just trusting the people who recruited them.

I think Potts and Brown-Stephens will surprise some people.

This is a heckuva class that can surprise.

Screen shot this:

He hits HARD. I felt bad for the poor kids in his highlight reel. Explosive athlete for sure.

I voted for Schad. He's so impressive and athletic for a big man. His film showed some pretty advanced pass rushing from the edge as well as solid play inside at the 3 technique. There ain't a ton of guys who can do both well. He should make a big impact right away.

Screen shot this:

I second this. However, I also loved Brandon Beal and the linebacker from CA that retired due to injuries.

edit: Found him......Quinn Bauducco

Last edited:

I second this. However, I also loved Brandon Beal and the linebacker from CA that retired due to injuries.

edit: Found him......Quinn Bauducco
Brandon Beal! We all were excited about him.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I went with my 2019 crush, Jacob Clark. Watched him play in 4 games this year. B1G time arm talent, moves in the pocket at an advanced level, and plays his best in the biggest games. I think he competes for QB1 on day one of camp.

Absolutely Jacob Clark!! I felt that he did so much to lead a team with a questionable defense into playoff success for 2 years. I second all of your comments about him. It sounded like he worked well with our new Texas receiver at a camp, and he has the arm and presence to have a lot of fun with Rashad Bateman. I just hope that the Gophers can recruit 2 deep threats in the 2020 class.
The Gophers may have been lucky when TCU grabbed Max Duggan instead of Clark. I've never seen what I would call an elite Gopher QB. I hope that Jacob will be the one.

I’m intrigued by the athleticism of Cam Wiley, even though he had such a quiet senior season I can’t even find an updated hudl. He looks more like a big safety; is reputed to have elite speed and is mentioned as a RB by the staff although looks to have played some defense in HS. Wherever he ends up should be a fun player to watch.

Nnamdi!!! His size and speed creates mismatches. Kid will be a beast. This is the start of some really fun years of Gopher football my friends! Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Nubin being my 1st choice my second choice would be Gordon! we sure have added a ton of talent on the defensive side of the ball

I'm horrible at predicting who will star. My guess is one of the 2 or 3 scholarships we are yet to award. Wasn't Marion Barber an afterthought for Mason? I don't care who emerges as key players, I just want someone to lead us to many memorable victories. Go Gophers!

I went with Nammdi - intrigued by a field stretching WR (or maybe TE) who played Left Tackle during high school

Keonte Schad: Should be ready to come in at 3 technique from day 1 and make an impact in an area of major need. If we want to improve as a program, DL is where we need to make the biggest strides.

Keonte Schad: Should be ready to come in at 3 technique from day 1 and make an impact in an area of major need. If we want to improve as a program, DL is where we need to make the biggest strides.

If you haven't watched his tape, schad jumps all ovver the dline and excells everywhere. He's going to be exciting to watch

I went with Nubin of the players listed, but there are more kids I am excited to see in this class than even last years class. The tiebreakers in favor of Nubin were position of need, having the body type to play immediately, and having 4 years to play as opposed to two. Look at a kid that's not even listed like Cam Wiley though: he's 6'2 195 has some very good verified 40 times and is already really cut up physically. According to Ryan Burns, a team that's preparing for the college football playoff tried to get in on him late. He might be the RB that hits the hole and takes it to the house that we haven't had since Maroney...or it's possible he switches positions.

Loved the entire class! But, I'd have to say the Defense starting with Rashad Cheney and Donald Willis (the next Eric Murray?) is a helluva uplift.

I voted for Clark, but it's a longview type of excitement. For the first time I can think of, the Gophers have a fairly highly touted QB prospect that doesn't have to come in and save the program, meaning he can watch, learn, and develop before he has to play. Morgan and Annexstad are capable players, so hopefully Clark doesn't have to be thrown into the fire as early on in his career and he'll be just that much more ready when he does play.

Top Bottom