Which member of the 2019 Gophers football recruiting class are you most excited for?

Which member of the 2019 Gophers football recruiting class are you most excited for?

• Rashad Cheney

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • Tyler Nubin

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Jacob Clark

Votes: 34 28.6%
  • Keonte Schad

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Nnamdi Adim-Madumere

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • James Gordon IV

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • D’Vion Harris

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • MJ Anderson

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Jason Williamson

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • Other

Votes: 12 10.1%

• Total voters
Loved the entire class! But, I'd have to say the Defense starting with Rashad Cheney and Donald Willis (the next Eric Murray?) is a helluva uplift.

Willis plays linebacker, so I certainly hope he's not the next Eric Murray.

Loved the entire class! But, I'd have to say the Defense starting with Rashad Cheney and Donald Willis (the next Eric Murray?) is a helluva uplift.

Isn't Willis a LB and Murray was a CB though? Maybe the next Devodre Campbell?

Gordon. They say he is a dude. We haven’t had a dude that I can remember.

Willis plays linebacker, so I certainly hope he's not the next Eric Murray.

I hope he is as good as Murray, but that's like saying I hope Willis is the next Maroney. I'm guessing he is referring to Murray being under the radar, but Willis had a lot more recruiting interest than Murray.

I went with Nubin of the players listed, but there are more kids I am excited to see in this class than even last years class. The tiebreakers in favor of Nubin were position of need, having the body type to play immediately, and having 4 years to play as opposed to two. Look at a kid that's not even listed like Cam Wiley though: he's 6'2 195 has some very good verified 40 times and is already really cut up physically. According to Ryan Burns, a team that's preparing for the college football playoff tried to get in on him late. He might be the RB that hits the hole and takes it to the house that we haven't had since Maroney...or it's possible he switches positions.

I hope that you are right, but I don't see it.

Clemson tried to flip D’Vion Harris just before signing day. Marcus West was extremely excited about him and said something to the effect of it’s just a matter of time before he’s leading the B1G in sacks.

I put Williamson but only because I am skeptical of our QB recruits and he may never end up here. I would love to see Clark shine from day 1.

I put Williamson but only because I am skeptical of our QB recruits and he may never end up here. I would love to see Clark shine from day 1.

What do you mean by the “...skeptical of our QB recruits and he may never end up here”. Are there rumors Clark or Kramer aren’t going to enroll?

Gordon. They say he is a dude. We haven’t had a dude that I can remember.

Lol. Well make that one more for
Gordon then.

Fleck did spend an inordinate amount of time talking about him in his signing day presser.

I’m assuming his dude status, coupled with our need for additional LBers after the losses of Cashman, Huff, and Martin (?) means he is likely a candidate to play snaps next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay. If you hold a gun to my head and had five seconds to spit out a name, I'd say Jacob Clark although I really like the whole defensive recruits.

You are only as good as your o-line. No love for Guedet?

J.J. Guedet is 6’7” and 307. All State Honors. Lists offers from Iowa, Iowa State, Illinois. Committed in early March, so limits number of offers, put on a lot of size over last year. Played both ways.

Rivals 5.7 rating puts him behind only Nubin and Clark (both 5.8). 247 composite ranking puts him as sixth best in Minnesota class, assuming Kristian Williams commmits.

Edgy Tim, the long time Illinois recruiting guy, puts him as 4th best recruit in IL, just ahead of Nubin.

Our only o-line recruit for 2019, so far. Sounds like the St. Croix Falls recruit, Tyler Cooper, will be delayed until 2020. (Note that Ryan Burns says staff loves the upside on Cooper.)

Callahan earned some oline respect with what he did this year, and at WMU. Illinois is his home base, so if this is the Illinois lineman he liked, speaks highly of Guedet.

Last edited:

The safety we need, but haven't signed yet.

Nubin has some size...Clemmons plays physical...both may be options.

But, yes, would love a grad transfer or late juco safety added to roster.

Wiley reminds me a little of John Clay.

The comments on Harris by West were very encouraging and eye opening. Harris has some very nice offers listed (Florida, Michigan, Kentucky, Purdue, Utah, Arizona, Illinois, Louisville). Will be fun to watch.

The other St Louis dline recruit, Anderson, reported even better offers...ND, TCU, Ark, Duke, Ames, KU,KSU, KY, Sparty, Neb, PU, RU, uVA, soCar...will be fun to watch.

The safety we need, but haven't signed yet.

Fleck finally has a borderline 4 star CB/S in Nubin. Will he see the field over T. Smith? Or Sapp? If he's the clear first safety in off the bench then move him to S. Winfield could be gone after next year so we absolutely need a S in this class.

Pulling hard for Richter. Great story. He might help our oline numbers?

We may need the K and LS to play right away.

Ryan Burns says Ciarrocca really likes Potts for this offense...also sees Potts as a return guy.

Ciarrocca also really like BrownStephens for this offense.

Sometimes a guy who fits the system well is better than the higher ranked guy.

Nebraska, Wisconsin, Purdue all have higher ranked classes. Iowa basically even, maybe a little better when all said and done. Northwestern not as many recruits, but higher ranked recruits. The transfer QB to Northwestern could be huge. Illini with some top end guys, but not a lot of guys. Illini also aggressive in transfer market.

We can win the West with what we have, what we are adding.

Nubin has some size...Clemmons plays physical...both may be options.

But, yes, would love a grad transfer or late juco safety added to roster.

There has got to be a few safeties in the portal. Two usually play at a time so versus other positions you have fewer spots to compete for. Some RS SR safety at a P5 school must realize his best chance to show scouts what he can do is start on a promising young team that needs a veteran with experience.

Pulling hard for Richter. Great story. He might help our oline numbers?

We may need the K and LS to play right away.

Ryan Burns says Ciarrocca really likes Potts for this offense...also sees Potts as a return guy.

Ciarrocca also really like BrownStephens for this offense.

Sometimes a guy who fits the system well is better than the higher ranked guy.

Nebraska, Wisconsin, Purdue all have higher ranked classes. Iowa basically even, maybe a little better when all said and done. Northwestern not as many recruits, but higher ranked recruits. The transfer QB to Northwestern could be huge. Illini with some top end guys, but not a lot of guys. Illini also aggressive in transfer market.

We can win the West with what we have, what we are adding.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him as a RS JR get playing time. Fleck has guards who can play already. He wants somebody with the upside that can develop into a great player. I think the same of Otemewo.

J.J. Guedet is 6’7” and 307. All State Honors. Lists offers from Iowa, Iowa State, Illinois. Committed in early March, so limits number of offers, put on a lot of size over last year. Played both ways.

Rivals 5.7 rating puts him behind only Nubin and Clark (both 5.8). 247 composite ranking puts him as sixth best in Minnesota class, assuming Kristian Williams commmits.

Edgy Tim, the long time Illinois recruiting guy, puts him as 4th best recruit in IL, just ahead of Nubin.

Our only o-line recruit for 2019, so far. Sounds like the St. Croix Falls recruit, Tyler Cooper, will be delayed until 2020. (Note that Ryan Burns says staff loves the upside on Cooper.)

Callahan earned some oline respect with what he did this year, and at WMU. Illinois is his home base, so if this is the Illinois lineman he liked, speaks highly of Guedet.

I'm glad that someone finally mentioned Guedet! I picked Clark because I think that he can be the best Gopher QB since???? However, Guedet would be my 2nd choice. I think that the o-line is good enough that he can be brought along like Dunlop. Good choice!

Wow, I had no idea Guedet was so highly regarded...thanks for running this down. Obviously hard to predict the future, but this OL could be MONSTROUS in two years wih Faalele, Olson, Andries, Dunlap, and Guedet leading the way. My goodness.

Wow, I had no idea Guedet was so highly regarded...thanks for running this down. Obviously hard to predict the future, but this OL could be MONSTROUS in two years wih Faalele, Olson, Andries, Dunlap, and Guedet leading the way. My goodness.

In two years? This oline was MONSTROUS vs Purdue, Wisconsin and the Institute THIS year. The future is now.

I'm glad that someone finally mentioned Guedet! I picked Clark because I think that he can be the best Gopher QB since???? However, Guedet would be my 2nd choice. I think that the o-line is good enough that he can be brought along like Dunlop. Good choice!
Guedet is going to be a great OT for Minnesota. Not sure if or how much he sees the field next season but when he does, he’s going to be noticed. I also saw ND among other schools were showing late interest. It sure seems like Fleck & Co spot talent early inestad of waiting for the leftovers like the previous staffs did.

Top Bottom