Banquet Awards

I was thinking Blake Cashman would at least win a participants award. Guess however those ahead of him were great as well.

Does winning a scout team award mean anything? I have heard rumblings that they absolutely love Ahanotu!

Cashman should have been defensive player of the year hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does winning a scout team award mean anything? I have heard rumblings that they absolutely love Ahanotu!

Generally, yes.

Last year, I believe it was Mo Ibrahim on offense and Esezi Otomwo on defense.

2016 - Seth Green and Gary Moore
2015 - Rhoda and Moore

Cashman should have been defensive player of the year hands down.

Cashman was straight up bad in the following games:
Maryland
Illinois
Nebraska

Only played a quarter and a half against Wisconsin.

As much as I like Cashman, I don’t think he is mvp. Mvp doesn’t play horrible in 3 games and only play one quarter in the biggest game of the season.

Maryland
Illinois
Nebraska

As much as I like Cashman, I don’t think he is mvp. Mvp doesn’t play horrible in 3 games and only play one quarter in the biggest game of the season.

Good point.

The Trib is reporting that six to eight players also received awards according to an unidentified source. The University is not commenting on the report. The Trib's sources say the players were not identified as award winners because they took second helpings of dessert without waiting for other players to receive their first. More to come.....

I think it bodes well that we will see Ahanotu next year...

Over Coughlin???????

Not in a million years!

I don’t know, when you make 104 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, & score a defensive TD (all of which lead the team) and make crucial 3rd and 4th down stops, that’s an impact 2nd to none.

Maryland
Illinois
Nebraska

Laughable. You’re judging everyone by their worst moments? Some goof earlier this season was telling me Amani Hooker was terrible because he made some bad reads against us. It’s bizarre. Body of work matters. Every player has bad days. Stat sheet and eyeball test suggest Blake’s at least top 2 on the defense and one of the best in the conference.

That NFL pedigree can be put to use! We've got a lot of upside on defense next season.

Laughable. You’re judging everyone by their worst moments? Some goof earlier this season was telling me Amani Hooker was terrible because he made some bad reads against us. It’s bizarre. Body of work matters. Every player has bad days. Stat sheet and eyeball test suggest Blake’s at least top 2 on the defense and one of the best in the conference.

Who said Hooker was terrible? Would love to see a link...

The Trib is reporting that six to eight players also received awards according to an unidentified source. The University is not commenting on the report. The Trib's sources say the players were not identified as award winners because they took second helpings of dessert without waiting for other players to receive their first. More to come.....

Satire is hard..

Who said Hooker was terrible? Would love to see a link...

I bet you would - it was you. Thanks for making me dig this up. You’re right, he’d be on the bench for sure. First team All Big Ten.

I actually wasn't impressed. He missed a lot of tackles and bit on some fakes. He isn't close to AWj and I doubt he would start over Huff.

IIRC, at least 3 of our TDs were right at him. On Green's wildcat run, he bit hard inside and Green ran right around him. He was the closest guy to TJ on his TD, and I believe there was one more.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...nesota-homecoming-a-little-sweeter-for-Hooker

Give it up already....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cashman absolutely deserved some type of recognition. But, Greene and Cashman don't show up...any correlation to skipping the bowl game and/or the mysterious team rules offenses? Would seem both guys without the rumors/decisions should have been recognized for their contributions...especially as seniors?

Link to where I said he was terrible? That was your statement.

Ok, rephrase your statements. If you were saying he isn’t starter material that implies he’s more of an FCS level player.

I don’t know why a couple of you latch on to the occasional mistakes. At first I thought it was sort of a misdirected attempt to defend PJ and his staff but maybe it goes beyond that.

It's almost as if there's a reason Cashman didn't win an award...

Yeah either 1) the staff doesn’t want to a message it’s ok to forgo the bowl games if not seriously injured or 2) he’s part of the group that violated the culture code and same message applies.

Ok, rephrase your statements. If you were saying he isn’t starter material that implies he’s more of an FCS level player.

I don’t know why a couple of you latch on to the occasional mistakes. At first I thought it was sort of a misdirected attempt to defend PJ and his staff but maybe it goes beyond that.

I watched a grand total of 1 Iowa football game this year - when they played Minnesota. If you watch the highlights here, Hooker was in the vicinity when we scored 3 of our TDs. Maybe they were his fault, maybe they weren't. Maybe MN was his worst game of the year. I still wouldn't take him over Winfield from what I saw. And Huff was all Big-Ten HM, so it's not like the disparity was necessarily huge. Sometimes the difference is a good front 7 playing in front of you.

https://gophersports.com/news/2018/10/6/football-gophers-fall-to-iowa-on-homecoming-48-31.aspx

I watched a grand total of 1 Iowa football game this year - when they played Minnesota. If you watch the highlights here, Hooker was in the vicinity when we scored 3 of our TDs. Maybe they were his fault, maybe they weren't. Maybe MN was his worst game of the year. I still wouldn't take him over Winfield from what I saw. And Huff was all Big-Ten HM, so it's not like the disparity was necessarily huge. Sometimes the difference is a good front 7 playing in front of you.

https://gophersports.com/news/2018/10/6/football-gophers-fall-to-iowa-on-homecoming-48-31.aspx

What defines Honorable Mention? 1 vote?

FWIW, I'm not taking anyone over a healthy AWJr.

FWIW, I'm not taking anyone over a healthy AWJr.

I would agree, but the problem is he hasn't been two years in a row now. I would take someone with more durability and a little less talent over someone who has more talent but can't stay on the field.

Disagree with you.
I don’t think he will be an nfl guy. Too small to be. Pass rusher and run stopped in pros. Too slow to play in space in pros.

I’m not judging him by his worst myoments. I’m judging him by his season. During the season he was bad or missing in 4/12 games.

He was great against Purdue and Northwestern
He was good in the New Mexico State, Fresno, Ohio
He was okay against Miami, Iowa

I didn’t watch the Indiana game.

Top Bottom