Rey Estes Transferring

More kids that Fleck is brutally and mercilessly kicking to the curb...

More kids that Fleck is brutally and mercilessly kicking to the curb...

I hope it’s warmer in Riverside than it is in the TC. But why would he go down there to beat the poor kid a year after he has transferred away? Sounds aggressive.

I hope it’s warmer in Riverside than it is in the TC. But why would he go down there to beat the poor kid a year after he has transferred away? Sounds aggressive.
Lol, I was poking fun at some posters on here that suggest Fleck unscrupulously dismisses players to make the numbers work.

Lol, I was poking fun at some posters on here that suggest Fleck unscrupulously dismisses players to make the numbers work.
They really don’t get it, do they. They use arguments like “the numbers always work” even when they often don’t work and we give excess scholarships to players like Schoenfelder, Clay Geary, Brock Annexstad and others. Not to mention we’ve even even had to retain Ryerse on scholarship. If a coach can’t get rid of Ryerse, who can he get rid of?

They really don’t get it, do they. They use arguments like “the numbers always work” even when they often don’t work and we give excess scholarships to players like Schoenfelder, Clay Geary, Brock Annexstad and others. Not to mention we’ve even even had to retain Ryerse on scholarship. If a coach can’t get rid of Ryerse, who can he get rid of?
Great examples of us having an extra scholly spot open. Could you please provide one of when we had to turn away a LOI signee because we didn’t end up having room (since the numbers “often don’t work out”). I’ll ask St Juste if he agrees with you that no one gets pushed out.

What odds do you give we won’t have room for all our signees this year? 50/50?

Great examples of us having an extra scholly spot open. Could you please provide one of when we had to turn away a LOI signee because we didn’t end up having room (since the numbers “often don’t work out”). I’ll ask St Juste if he agrees with you that no one gets pushed out.

What odds do you give we won’t have room for all our signees this year? 50/50?

If what you allege is true, that all teams oversign every year and force guys out, why would there ever be extra scholarships? Coaches would just tell guys who weren't going to play that they are off the team, right?

Of course St Juste got pushed out. And we all heard about it from him. If multiple guys on every team were getting pushed out every year, we'd hear about it a lot more. There are what, 65 Power 5 football teams. If each team was kicking off 4-5 players each year, that's close to 300 players per year. I would imagine we'd hear about it from hundreds of them.

Fleck has already had the difficult conversations with certain players and they are already planning to leave after spring semester even if they are currently on the roster. Of course all the 2020 guys will be here because he knew exactly how many spots he was going to have.

If what you allege is true, that all teams oversign every year and force guys out, why would there ever be extra scholarships? Coaches would just tell guys who weren't going to play that they are off the team, right?

Of course St Juste got pushed out. And we all heard about it from him. If multiple guys on every team were getting pushed out every year, we'd hear about it a lot more. There are what, 65 Power 5 football teams. If each team was kicking off 4-5 players each year, that's close to 300 players per year. I would imagine we'd hear about it from hundreds of them.

Fleck has already had the difficult conversations with certain players and they are already planning to leave after spring semester even if they are currently on the roster. Of course all the 2020 guys will be here because he knew exactly how many spots he was going to have.
P1: More players leave than expected? Someone gets hurt or decides to hang it up during Spring ball? Keep one open to give to a PWO QB’s bro? Giving to PWO motivates others to WO?

P2: How does hyperbole help your argument? No one said every team forces 4-5 guys out every year. Personally I have said it happens every year in CFB and likely every team has done it at some time. Far different.

P3: Possible he and some have already “agreed” it is best if they leave. Maybe some were pushed to come to that conclusion? Seems far fetched that 5+ didn’t feel they should play spring ball at their new school tho, huh?

A flaw with your theory that coaches know many months in advance exactly how many people will leave because they mutually agree to it is that it requires that no one would have ever changed their mind. Anywhere. Ever.

Corporations of all sizes push employees to quit every day. CFB is a multi-billion $ organization. It ain’t above that. IMO.

I’ll guess there is a lot of talk about greasing the skids for targeted transferees along the lines of we‘ll go to bat for you finding a landing spot. There may also be harsher behavior, shunning along the lines of the Harbaugh ignoring Peters and medically disqualifying St Juste, and Durkin is part of the same coaching tree. Durkin for example really got hit by the disgruntled guys he was trying to chase away.

easy - you are heading for a banning.
I know you have only been around here for a couple months, but it is pretty comical to suggest someone would get banned for disagreeing with or not liking my posts. If that was the case, 90% of GH would be banned.

I know you have only been around here for a couple months, but it is pretty comical to suggest someone would get banned for disagreeing with or not liking my posts. If that was the case, 90% of GH would be banned.
I haven't had a ban in a long time. They let me post.

Speaking of scholarships I see Nubby is still recruiting in the SEC. They are listed as potential home for several graduating Seniors in Mobile, Al. One would think that they would be “limited” out on scholarship numbers with their early signing period. Apparently they will “run off” some players this spring.

Looks like my mission of totally derailing this thread was successful.

Looks like my mission of totally derailing this thread was successful.

On the "Hole" it's easier than jingling a set of truck keys in the face of a black lab....

On the "Hole" it's easier than jingling a set of truck keys in the face of a black lab....

Ways to derail a thread:
1. Spoofin one-liner and associated responses. Good for at least 2 pages of content.
2. Mention Kill or Claeys in any way, positive or negative. Guaranteed to trigger another argument about how things went down in 2016 and what may or may not have happened if Claeys had not been let go or Kill had not burned bridges. Good for at least 10-15 pages of content and a complete disregard for anything related to the actual thread.

Ways to derail a thread:
1. Spoofin one-liner and associated responses. Good for at least 2 pages of content.
2. Mention Kill or Claeys in any way, positive or negative. Guaranteed to trigger another argument about how things went down in 2016 and what may or may not have happened if Claeys had not been let go or Kill had not burned bridges. Good for at least 10-15 pages of content and a complete disregard for anything related to the actual thread.

Ahhhh, there's my morning chuckle!

Awful that Estes is leaving. Who is going to replace him?

Top Bottom