Kristian Williams Commits to Minnesota...

Connor Rhoda dropped a fumble the very next week and picked it up instead of falling on it. Wasn’t benched. Many players have fumbled since. Not benched. Seems rather similar.

Kamal Martin was suspended for violation of team rules. PJ refused to release his name. PJ had no problem naming DC to the media when he suspended him for violation of team rules. Neither event resulted in any crime or police report. Seems rather similar.

I never said unfair (in fact mentioned that isn’t what I was saying). I never said it was a big deal. A poster asked for an example of uneven discipline and I provided one. I shouldn’t be surprised posters turn it into a whole different argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably because the original poster said he despises uneven discipline. He should've said unfair.

Someone previously mentioned that his plan has always been to wait until the second signing period. As far as whether I feel better if he doesn't commit to a school right after the visits, yes I do. If he commits to another school at this point I'd say it's 99% over.

Not sure why you are discussing Williams as apparently this is now a thread about Croft and player discipline :)

Will be interesting to see what he decides to do in February, hopefully he comes here but if he doesn't at least we signed a number of other promising DL recruits so it won't kill our class at that position if he choses to go elsewhere. Nice to not have all our eggs in one basket.

Kristian Williams - is good for the Gophers.

Probably because the original poster said he despises uneven discipline. He should've said unfair.

Yes that was the (para)phrase that caught my attention. We can drop it though. I get that some people don't like Fleck and his RTB positive persona. I love it...but it's okay that others don't. There are coaches I haven't liked either, but I respect you can dislike Fleck and still be a huge Gopher fan.

The fan who used that phrase used it because someone else had insinuated that Williams should choose Minnesota because Fleck is promoting a better college and growing experience than he would get at Oregon. I think Williams could have a great college experience at any number of universities. i hope he chooses the Gophers though.

Let's get this thread back about Kristian Williams, and not PJ Fleck or DC11. Sorry I brought it off topic. I shouldn't let it bother me others don't like PJ Fleck as much as I do.

Mods, can you please end this ****-show and more/remove comments not related to Williams?

Thanks in advance.

Mods, can you please end this ****-show and more/remove comments not related to Williams?

Thanks in advance.

This is Gopherhole. It will never end. Either ignore it or waste good energy arguing with the people who absolutely love arguing more than their own families. It's the same in any forum. Resistance is futile.

This is Gopherhole. It will never end. Either ignore it or waste good energy arguing with the people who absolutely love arguing more than their own families. It's the same in any forum. Resistance is futile.

No it isn’t.

Connor Rhoda dropped a fumble the very next week and picked it up instead of falling on it. Wasn’t benched. Many players have fumbled since. Not benched. Seems rather similar.

Kamal Martin was suspended for violation of team rules. PJ refused to release his name. PJ had no problem naming DC to the media when he suspended him for violation of team rules. Neither event resulted in any crime or police report. Seems rather similar.

I never said unfair (in fact mentioned that isn’t what I was saying). I never said it was a big deal. A poster asked for an example of uneven discipline and I provided one. I shouldn’t be surprised posters turn it into a whole different argument.

And there you fckg go.....

Why does every thread have to degenerate into the same slap zests over and over again?

Is there any news on Kristian Williams and his commitment? Should we start a thread to discuss?

Is there any news on Kristian Williams and his commitment? Should we start a thread to discuss?

All I know is that he has scheduled an OV to Tennessee on Jan 19 and to Oregon on Jan 26.

According to the 247 Crystal Ball, he is undecided.

off-topic Borg note: Some Star Trek fan up in Canada had personalized plates ASIMIL8 - for "assimilate" - and the government up there revoked his plates because they said it could be perceived as a racial comment, involving the assimilation of indigenous peoples. So the guy is suing.

off-topic Borg note: Some Star Trek fan up in Canada had personalized plates ASIMIL8 - for "assimilate" - and the government up there revoked his plates because they said it could be perceived as a racial comment, involving the assimilation of indigenous peoples. So the guy is suing.

The hive collective cannot be defeated, except perhaps by the god-like Q and his peoples. Alas, even in the utopian Federation squabbling and tension cannot be totally eradicated

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/10AkYK43Eh4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And there you fckg go.....

Why does every thread have to degenerate into the same slap zests over and over again?

I know you love to question me alchemy, but seriously- the post you quoted was a direct response to someone asking me to list examples. That is how a message board works. What is ridiculous is you and others getting mad because you don’t like the content.

I much prefer this post to the pissing contest about the shoe wall.

I know you love to question me alchemy, but seriously- the post you quoted was a direct response to someone asking me to list examples. That is how a message board works. What is ridiculous is you and others getting mad because you don’t like the content.

No the problem is you want to play a word game and want to argue. Justice and fair are synonyms. You go from "unjust", to "uneven," and then to "treated differently." So yeah it is a little difficult when you keep changing the wording of your statements and then make comments about others doing the same but to a word that is a synonym...yeah I don't get that one. Its really not the same when Croft was constantly in trouble and Rhoda or Martin were not. Obviously Fleck did say when asked why he benched him "because the ball is the program," which is a stupid slogan/statement and not entirely true. I'd assume you know that there is usually more than one factor in making a decision? Probably like him kicking a door down in T-Hall or wherever.

No the problem is you want to play a word game and want to argue. Justice and fair are synonyms. You go from "unjust", to "uneven," and then to "treated differently." So yeah it is a little difficult when you keep changing the wording of your statements and then make comments about others doing the same but to a word that is a synonym...yeah I don't get that one. Its really not the same when Croft was constantly in trouble and Rhoda or Martin were not. Obviously Fleck did say when asked why he benched him "because the ball is the program," which is a stupid slogan/statement and not entirely true. I'd assume you know that there is usually more than one factor in making a decision? Probably like him kicking a door down in T-Hall or wherever

I never once said unjust or unfair. In fact, stated I wasn’t saying that. I wasn’t even the one who raised the topic. I provided examples. I’m done with this nonsense.

I never once said unjust or unfair. In fact, stated I wasn’t saying that. I wasn’t even the one who raised the topic. I provided examples. I’m done with this nonsense.

Not an accurate example when the situations were significantly different. Glad you have notifications on to continue to argue on here everyday

I remember DC trying to grab the ball as it rolled between and aft of his legs (vs the Beavers) and people argued he deserved the benching because he didn’t perform a donkey kick maneuver and land on the ball. Good times. A multi-page thread ensued about how terrible the infraction was. I believe it was DC’s first game back when Rhoda fumbled and picked it up. Applying the rule fairly -and justly - Rhoda continued to play. Whatever. I’ve learned to take whatever comes out of PJs mouth with a large block of salt. Just win.

Kristian has got some nice options and we are high on his list and have great appeal.
Look at our other recruits. I think he would be the head oarsman and the best on our team. He can be the leader here. Go Gophers

I remember DC trying to grab the ball as it rolled between and aft of his legs (vs the Beavers) and people argued he deserved the benching because he didn’t perform a donkey kick maneuver and land on the ball. Good times. A multi-page thread ensued about how terrible the infraction was. I believe it was DC’s first game back when Rhoda fumbled and picked it up. Applying the rule fairly -and justly - Rhoda continued to play. Whatever. I’ve learned to take whatever comes out of PJs mouth with a large block of salt. Just win.

Are people really upset that there are different rules for different people? That's just life - in sports, in school, in business. Somebody more important will be given more leeway than somebody less important. Somebody with no sketchy history will be given more leeway than somebody with a sketchy history.

If you really like a girl you're dating then you don't mind if she's ten minutes late. If you're only luke warm about her then her being late might be the last straw and you dump her.

Different rules for different folks is normal.

Are people really upset that there are different rules for different people? That's just life - in sports, in school, in business. Somebody more important will be given more leeway than somebody less important. Somebody with no sketchy history will be given more leeway than somebody with a sketchy history.

If you really like a girl you're dating then you don't mind if she's ten minutes late. If you're only luke warm about her then her being late might be the last straw and you dump her.

Different rules for different folks is normal.

It just gives people like Pompous an “excuse” to bash PJ because they don’t like him.

Last edited:

It just gives people like Pompous an “excuse” to bash PJ because they don’t like him.

I do like him, but I’d like him more with a few adjustments. I’m sure people say the same about me. So what? PJ should be PJ.

Ok coach pompous. Thanks for your insight. Always love when you give your inside information from being around the team.

I agree, it wasn't you that used the phrase unjust or uneven or even brought up the topic. I asked for an example, and you gave one. You weren't out of line as far as I'm concerned. I enjoy a good debate, and I can respect that you or CaliGopher or whoever can have a different opinion and perspective than I have...we are all Gopher fans.

Sometimes these threads can get a little off topic, and I'll take some responsibility for that with this one. This thread is about Kristian Williams. Let's keep it about him in this thread and hope he becomes a Golden Gopher. We will have plenty of opportunities to argue about PJ Fleck and his mannerisms/culture in other threads. And that wasn't meant to be directed at you, but everyone, including me.

Top Bottom