Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 273
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    9,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    off-topic Borg note: Some Star Trek fan up in Canada had personalized plates ASIMIL8 - for "assimilate" - and the government up there revoked his plates because they said it could be perceived as a racial comment, involving the assimilation of indigenous peoples. So the guy is suing.
    The hive collective cannot be defeated, except perhaps by the god-like Q and his peoples. Alas, even in the utopian Federation squabbling and tension cannot be totally eradicated




  2. #257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    And there you fckg go.....

    Why does every thread have to degenerate into the same slap zests over and over again?
    I know you love to question me alchemy, but seriously- the post you quoted was a direct response to someone asking me to list examples. That is how a message board works. What is ridiculous is you and others getting mad because you donít like the content.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Shoreview
    Posts
    13,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    off-topic Borg note: Some Star Trek fan up in Canada had personalized plates ASIMIL8 - for "assimilate" - and the government up there revoked his plates because they said it could be perceived as a racial comment, involving the assimilation of indigenous peoples. So the guy is suing.
    I much prefer this post to the pissing contest about the shoe wall.

  4. #259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    I know you love to question me alchemy, but seriously- the post you quoted was a direct response to someone asking me to list examples. That is how a message board works. What is ridiculous is you and others getting mad because you don’t like the content.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No the problem is you want to play a word game and want to argue. Justice and fair are synonyms. You go from "unjust", to "uneven," and then to "treated differently." So yeah it is a little difficult when you keep changing the wording of your statements and then make comments about others doing the same but to a word that is a synonym...yeah I don't get that one. Its really not the same when Croft was constantly in trouble and Rhoda or Martin were not. Obviously Fleck did say when asked why he benched him "because the ball is the program," which is a stupid slogan/statement and not entirely true. I'd assume you know that there is usually more than one factor in making a decision? Probably like him kicking a door down in T-Hall or wherever.

  5. #260

    Default Kristian Williams Commits to Minnesota...

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnGopher View Post
    No the problem is you want to play a word game and want to argue. Justice and fair are synonyms. You go from "unjust", to "uneven," and then to "treated differently." So yeah it is a little difficult when you keep changing the wording of your statements and then make comments about others doing the same but to a word that is a synonym...yeah I don't get that one. Its really not the same when Croft was constantly in trouble and Rhoda or Martin were not. Obviously Fleck did say when asked why he benched him "because the ball is the program," which is a stupid slogan/statement and not entirely true. I'd assume you know that there is usually more than one factor in making a decision? Probably like him kicking a door down in T-Hall or wherever
    I never once said unjust or unfair. In fact, stated I wasnít saying that. I wasnít even the one who raised the topic. I provided examples. Iím done with this nonsense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

  6. #261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    I never once said unjust or unfair. In fact, stated I wasn’t saying that. I wasn’t even the one who raised the topic. I provided examples. I’m done with this nonsense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not an accurate example when the situations were significantly different. Glad you have notifications on to continue to argue on here everyday

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,170
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnGopher View Post
    Not an accurate example when the situations were significantly different. Glad you have notifications on to continue to argue on here everyday
    Glad you're above that.....
    If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    9,927

    Default

    I remember DC trying to grab the ball as it rolled between and aft of his legs (vs the Beavers) and people argued he deserved the benching because he didn’t perform a donkey kick maneuver and land on the ball. Good times. A multi-page thread ensued about how terrible the infraction was. I believe it was DC’s first game back when Rhoda fumbled and picked it up. Applying the rule fairly -and justly - Rhoda continued to play. Whatever. I’ve learned to take whatever comes out of PJs mouth with a large block of salt. Just win.

  9. #264

    Default

    Kristian has got some nice options and we are high on his list and have great appeal.
    Look at our other recruits. I think he would be the head oarsman and the best on our team. He can be the leader here. Go Gophers

  10. #265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    I remember DC trying to grab the ball as it rolled between and aft of his legs (vs the Beavers) and people argued he deserved the benching because he didn’t perform a donkey kick maneuver and land on the ball. Good times. A multi-page thread ensued about how terrible the infraction was. I believe it was DC’s first game back when Rhoda fumbled and picked it up. Applying the rule fairly -and justly - Rhoda continued to play. Whatever. I’ve learned to take whatever comes out of PJs mouth with a large block of salt. Just win.
    Are people really upset that there are different rules for different people? That's just life - in sports, in school, in business. Somebody more important will be given more leeway than somebody less important. Somebody with no sketchy history will be given more leeway than somebody with a sketchy history.

    If you really like a girl you're dating then you don't mind if she's ten minutes late. If you're only luke warm about her then her being late might be the last straw and you dump her.

    Different rules for different folks is normal.

  11. #266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urbandale View Post
    Are people really upset that there are different rules for different people? That's just life - in sports, in school, in business. Somebody more important will be given more leeway than somebody less important. Somebody with no sketchy history will be given more leeway than somebody with a sketchy history.

    If you really like a girl you're dating then you don't mind if she's ten minutes late. If you're only luke warm about her then her being late might be the last straw and you dump her.

    Different rules for different folks is normal.
    It just gives people like Pompous an “excuse” to bash PJ because they don’t like him.
    Last edited by Rickman55; 01-07-2019 at 08:36 PM.

  12. #267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickman55 View Post
    It just gives people like Pompous and Spoofin an “excuse” to bash PJ because they don’t like him.
    Well, it kind of matters when someone is selling themselves on values

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    9,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickman55 View Post
    It just gives people like Pompous an “excuse” to bash PJ because they don’t like him.
    I do like him, but I’d like him more with a few adjustments. I’m sure people say the same about me. So what? PJ should be PJ.

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    I remember DC trying to grab the ball as it rolled between and aft of his legs (vs the Beavers) and people argued he deserved the benching because he didnít perform a donkey kick maneuver and land on the ball. Good times. A multi-page thread ensued about how terrible the infraction was. I believe it was DCís first game back when Rhoda fumbled and picked it up. Applying the rule fairly -and justly - Rhoda continued to play. Whatever. Iíve learned to take whatever comes out of PJs mouth with a large block of salt. Just win.
    Ok coach pompous. Thanks for your insight. Always love when you give your inside information from being around the team.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    I never once said unjust or unfair. In fact, stated I wasn’t saying that. I wasn’t even the one who raised the topic. I provided examples. I’m done with this nonsense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, it wasn't you that used the phrase unjust or uneven or even brought up the topic. I asked for an example, and you gave one. You weren't out of line as far as I'm concerned. I enjoy a good debate, and I can respect that you or CaliGopher or whoever can have a different opinion and perspective than I have...we are all Gopher fans.

    Sometimes these threads can get a little off topic, and I'll take some responsibility for that with this one. This thread is about Kristian Williams. Let's keep it about him in this thread and hope he becomes a Golden Gopher. We will have plenty of opportunities to argue about PJ Fleck and his mannerisms/culture in other threads. And that wasn't meant to be directed at you, but everyone, including me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •