Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

That wimpy winter up there can only help with recruiting. Even old man winter is RTB !!

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    Don’t assume that all college athletes are stupid, many know that only a few of their teammates will ever make a living playing sports. The Oregon glitz is the over the top gimmick to lure in players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Isn't that the goal of recruiting? To bring in the most talented recruits to help you win as many games as possible?
    One could argue/say that all the RTB stuff or Nick S. only making phone calls are gimmicky for the same reason.

It's all gimmicky and most of it is over the top, although not as much as it used to be with the Lobster meals on flights and such.

Quote Originally Posted by caliGopher View Post
    yeah, because Minnesota is the only school you can get that.
    cuz that's exactly what he said
    The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.

Didn’t Cam Wiley have an Oregon offer? Wasn’t it a committable offer? If so, how did he say no to a wall with shoes on it?

Quote Originally Posted by leadpipegopher View Post
    Didn’t Cam Wiley have an Oregon offer? Wasn’t it a committable offer? If so, how did he say no to a wall with shoes on it?
    For him, oars>shoes.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bring back the Axe View Post
    That wimpy winter up there can only help with recruiting. Even old man winter is RTB !!
    I have heard the damp windy winters in the NW will chill a person to their bones more than our “dry” cold.

Demetrius Douglas, Seth Green..... they were not impressed apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by oldauggie View Post
    You'll have to ask bonin. Shoes wall according according to bonin is #1 recruit candy.

Quote Originally Posted by oldauggie View Post
    Coughlin too. He took a visit there.

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Coughlin too. He took a visit there.
    I forgot about his visit to Oregon! He was also unimpressed with the faded shoes on the wall and The Throne.

Looks like Kristian Williams is taking an OV to Tennessee January 19th and then to Oregon on the 26th.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGopher View Post
    cuz that's exactly what he said
    He suggested that it was an either or choice. There are no perfect programs, but Oregon hasn't had any major issues with players that would suggest the choice was as simplistic as outlined, and while the emphasis on players beyond what they can do on the football field is nice, I despise the effort to make it seem like PJ Fleck alone does this. He is not and does not. He talks more about it and seems to suggest that his way is the only way. I have problems with cult like demands that you believe and act exactly as I say in all facets of your life. I also despise people who preach equality and mete out "justice" unevenly.
    If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

Quote Originally Posted by caliGopher View Post
    He suggested that it was an either or choice. There are no perfect programs, but Oregon hasn't had any major issues with players that would suggest the choice was as simplistic as outlined, and while the emphasis on players beyond what they can do on the football field is nice, I despise the effort to make it seem like PJ Fleck alone does this. He is not and does not. He talks more about it and seems to suggest that his way is the only way. I have problems with cult like demands that you believe and act exactly as I say in all facets of your life. I also despise people who preach equality and mete out "justice" unevenly.
    Can you give some examples of this?

Quote Originally Posted by ethomasp31 View Post
    Can you give some examples of this?
    DC11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    DC11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Demry Croft? And you know the situation well enough to say Fleck unfairly punished him? I'm not going to pretend to know that I know enough about the situation....because I have no clue. But I have spend about the last 20 years working with young people, as a teacher and coach. There are usually at least two sides to every story. But I can't think of a time where a teacher or coach I know purposefully screwed a kid over.
    Last edited by ethomasp31; 01-05-2019 at 08:38 PM.