Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 319
  1. #196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post
    We don't use golden ticket anymore, that was prior staff
    Golden Ticket has a better ring to it than Row The Boat.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

    Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.


  2. #197
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,192

    Default

    Is there any other deadline beyond the traditional signing day for when we will know for sure about Williams? Is he going to do one of those "pick a hat from the table in front of me" dog and pony shows? I take a look at this thread every time it jumps to the top of the list hoping to see things have become solid regarding his existing committment.

  3. #198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    Is there any other deadline beyond the traditional signing day for when we will know for sure about Williams? Is he going to do one of those "pick a hat from the table in front of me" dog and pony shows? I take a look at this thread every time it jumps to the top of the list hoping to see things have become solid regarding his existing committment.
    Unfortunately with the early signing period concluded no one on this forum will rest easy about Kristian until the February signing day (hopefully). That will be the first day that anything can be made of his verbal commitment.

  4. #199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    Is there any other deadline beyond the traditional signing day for when we will know for sure about Williams? Is he going to do one of those "pick a hat from the table in front of me" dog and pony shows? I take a look at this thread every time it jumps to the top of the list hoping to see things have become solid regarding his existing committment.
    I belive he could come to school late summer and play if he wanted provided he's admitted to the school.

  5. #200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0 View Post
    Golden Ticket has a better ring to it than Row The Boat.
    I prefer winner winner chicken dinner

  6. #201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post
    I prefer winner winner chicken dinner
    that sounds like a craps shoot...

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    10,300

    Default

    I’m sleeping extremely well

  8. #203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0 View Post
    Golden Ticket has a better ring to it than Row The Boat.
    I disagree. I'm hearing people say Row The Boat in excitement when things are going well. I never heard Golden Ticket or Brick by Brick unless it was a post of some sort.

  9. #204

    Default

    Everybody on here trashing Oregon's facilities is really out of touch with how teenager minds work these days. Those facilities are premium and that is the first thing kids look for. Recruits want the flashy facilities, want to see themselves in dope pictures with the flashy uniforms that they can put on their instagram. They want to be able to chill in the players lounge in the leather couches & play fortnite, walk across the room & grab a shake from the supplied fridge. They wanna keep up with the sneakerheads rocking the most obscure jordan sneakers possible.

    Facilities/goodies/perks/frills are also a reflection of how the athletic department values the athletes as well. When the athletic department doesn't wanna spend money to upgrade the old crappy facilities, the athletes don't feel as valued. They want to feel like the big man on campus.

    Oregon understands all of this very well and was one of the first programs to really embrace this philosophy. Clearly it worked as they raised themselves out of mediocrity fairly quickly to become one of the best college sports brands in the country.

    If you want to build a brand, you need to evolve along with the current generation. Old school recruiting is not going to cut it anymore if you want to get over the top

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    10,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A nonymous View Post
    Everybody on here trashing Oregon's facilities is really out of touch with how teenager minds work these days. Those facilities are premium and that is the first thing kids look for. Recruits want the flashy facilities, want to see themselves in dope pictures with the flashy uniforms that they can put on their instagram. They want to be able to chill in the players lounge in the leather couches & play fortnite, walk across the room & grab a shake from the supplied fridge. They wanna keep up with the sneakerheads rocking the most obscure jordan sneakers possible.

    Facilities/goodies/perks/frills are also a reflection of how the athletic department values the athletes as well. When the athletic department doesn't wanna spend money to upgrade the old crappy facilities, the athletes don't feel as valued. They want to feel like the big man on campus.

    Oregon understands all of this very well and was one of the first programs to really embrace this philosophy. Clearly it worked as they raised themselves out of mediocrity fairly quickly to become one of the best college sports brands in the country.

    If you want to build a brand, you need to evolve along with the current generation. Old school recruiting is not going to cut it anymore if you want to get over the top
    Little known story but it all started with Phil Knight putting plastic duck decoys in the hallways. Kids loved it.

  11. #206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post
    I disagree. I'm hearing people say Row The Boat in excitement when things are going well. I never heard Golden Ticket or Brick by Brick unless it was a post of some sort.
    The reference is to Williams signing his LOI. Saying Williams will Row The Boat or some other corny Fleckism doesn't have the same ring to it. Just a personal preference.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

    Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

  12. #207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A nonymous View Post
    Everybody on here trashing Oregon's facilities is really out of touch with how teenager minds work these days. Those facilities are premium and that is the first thing kids look for. Recruits want the flashy facilities, want to see themselves in dope pictures with the flashy uniforms that they can put on their instagram. They want to be able to chill in the players lounge in the leather couches & play fortnite, walk across the room & grab a shake from the supplied fridge. They wanna keep up with the sneakerheads rocking the most obscure jordan sneakers possible.

    Facilities/goodies/perks/frills are also a reflection of how the athletic department values the athletes as well. When the athletic department doesn't wanna spend money to upgrade the old crappy facilities, the athletes don't feel as valued. They want to feel like the big man on campus.

    Oregon understands all of this very well and was one of the first programs to really embrace this philosophy. Clearly it worked as they raised themselves out of mediocrity fairly quickly to become one of the best college sports brands in the country.

    If you want to build a brand, you need to evolve along with the current generation. Old school recruiting is not going to cut it anymore if you want to get over the top
    I work with teenagers and while many of them want things like this, a surprising number of them are very serious about their futures and life. I am sure the flashy stuff sells to some but there are plenty out there for whom the idea of becoming a man and a good human being and a contributor and actually learning in school is appealing and I know a lot of them actually care a lot about what their parents think. Fleck doesn't need to sell them all but we will see if Mr. Williams wants cool shoes or a Social, Academic, Spiritual and Athletic education.

  13. #208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoMn View Post
    I work with teenagers and while many of them want things like this, a surprising number of them are very serious about their futures and life. I am sure the flashy stuff sells to some but there are plenty out there for whom the idea of becoming a man and a good human being and a contributor and actually learning in school is appealing and I know a lot of them actually care a lot about what their parents think. Fleck doesn't need to sell them all but we will see if Mr. Williams wants cool shoes or a Social, Academic, Spiritual and Athletic education.
    Guessing the teenagers you're working with have very different backgrounds and aspirations overall than the average of a top 300 college football recruit. Football and sports in general have a culture of swagger. If you don't have confidence you won't get anywhere. Those PE Jordans = unreal swag

    And yes there will be some kids that care a lot about the education, but don't lose sight of the forest for the trees.

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,220
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoMn View Post
    I work with teenagers and while many of them want things like this, a surprising number of them are very serious about their futures and life. I am sure the flashy stuff sells to some but there are plenty out there for whom the idea of becoming a man and a good human being and a contributor and actually learning in school is appealing and I know a lot of them actually care a lot about what their parents think. Fleck doesn't need to sell them all but we will see if Mr. Williams wants cool shoes or a Social, Academic, Spiritual and Athletic education.
    yeah, because Minnesota is the only school you can get that.
    If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

  15. #210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bonin21 View Post
    Guessing the teenagers you're working with have very different backgrounds and aspirations overall than the average of a top 300 college football recruit. Football and sports in general have a culture of swagger. If you don't have confidence you won't get anywhere. Those PE Jordans = unreal swag

    And yes there will be some kids that care a lot about the education, but don't lose sight of the forest for the trees.
    Don’t assume that all college athletes are stupid, many know that only a few of their teammates will ever make a living playing sports. The Oregon glitz is the over the top gimmick to lure in players.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •