Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PoockItInfor6 View Post
    They were 4th in PAC North and seem to be on the waning crescent where we seem to be a rising star and have almost everyone coming back this year. I like our position in this recruiting battle.
    I root against the Ducks but you have no idea of what you speak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deckergopher View Post
    Wow you two must have an exceptional life.
    Side note: It only pertains to my MN sports attitude. I'm not like that in the real world!

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    If we were talking before the early signing day, and he had already visited both and still wasn't sure .... I'd be right there with you.

But the fact that he committed to us, then didn't sign, re-opened his recruiting ... tells me he was hoping for a "better" offer, in whatever way he thought was "better".

I remain an enteral pessimist in this lifetime. I'll be happy and surprised when great things happen, rather than disappointed when they don't.
    Iíve heard others say he hadnít planned on signing until the second signing date all along. I think we are still in the driver seat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by btowngopher View Post
    I’ve heard others say he hadn’t planned on signing until the second signing date all along. I think we are still in the driver seat.
    I hope you are right. He would be icing on the recruiting cake for the year.
    Gopher football backer since '62.
    Current GopherHole walk on.

I wonder if Williams had in inkling that Marcus West would be moving on, and he delayed his decision to see who the new DL coach was going to be?

If he hits it off with Panagos, I bet he'll stay in the boat.

Hope those ideas turn out to be true!

Blog Entries

Pretty much all hinges on the Jan 26 visit to Oregon. We can of course hope for the best, but suspect he will be a Duck after that weekend.
    I hope the hinges get corroded with Duck poop and fall off.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by GopherJack View Post
    BINGO! You summed up my attitude/life as a long-suffering Gopher fan (and for that matter MN sports fan) perfectly.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Gopher View Post
    I root against the Ducks but you have no idea of what you speak

They have 29 wins in the last 4 years (7.25/year). They are not the same brand today as they were 5-10 years ago.

They have 29 wins in the last 4 years (7.25/year). They are not the same brand today as they were 5-10 years ago.
    True that the results waned under Helfrich but the coaching staff shows promise other than the OC possibly- and last yearís 13th ranked class followed by this yearís top 5 class if they seduce Williams will start their machine rolling again. I hope Iím wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Gopher View Post
    True that the results waned under Helfrich but the coaching staff shows promise other than the OC possibly- and last year’s 13th ranked class followed by this year’s top 5 class if they seduce Williams will start their machine rolling again. I hope I’m wrong

Certainly they have talent coming in, but they are on 3 coaches over 3 years and Cristobal was last a head coach at FIU and in his 6th and final year he went... 3-9. From my perspective it seems more likely our young talent and coach get our machine rolling.

Edited for coach’s name
    Last edited by PoockItInfor6; 01-19-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Default Kristian Williams Commits to Minnesota...

Certainly they have talent coming in, but they are on 3 coaches over 3 years and Helrich was last a head coach at FAU and in his 6th and final year he went... 3-9. From my perspective it seems more likely our young talent and coach get our machine rolling.
    Again you know not of what you speak. Helfrich was the head coach who rightfully was fired 2 years ago. He was replaced for a year by Taggart who moved on to his dream job at FSU (weíll see how that turns out!) who in turn was replaced by the new coach Cristobal who had the poor run at FIU not FAU in his first stint as a head coach.

Cristobal as much as I hate to admit it has righted a ship that could have floundered easily. He saved a great recruiting class last year after Taggart boogied (13th in the country) and built on it this year bringing in what at worst will be a top ten class and could easily become top 5 if they win a couple battles.

To compare the condition/position of our beloved Gophers with the Ducks is laughable. Yes- Oregon has had 3 HC in three years- well, so did we. Except PJs first year as we know was underwhelming whereas Cristobal managed to bring the Ducks up to a 9-4 record. With the talent on the team already and the last two years of recruiting the Oregon machine is already up and running and will likely be cofavorites at worst in the P12 north whereas our Gophs will be undermanned again versus the majority of the conference foes they compete against- at least by recruit rankings.

And they have what some people think could be the best QB in college football, coming back next year, right? Or at least a top level QB.

And they have what some people think could be the best QB in college football, coming back next year, right? Or at least a top level QB.
    He’s no Marcus Marriota. He gets hype as an NFL player because he had a pretty impressive freshman season and hits all the size requirements but last year he padded his stats vs G5 teams and looked pretty mediocre in many games. He looked pedestrian at best vs a decent MSU defense (and by all rights they ought to have lost but the MSU special teams were absolutely atrocious - all 3 phases matter I guess).

Blog Entries

I hope Kristian realizes how much of a bigger impact he'll have playing against Big Ten massive Offensive Line for the Gophers, and we'll appreciate him more.

I am looking forward down the road to see how Jacob Clark's era will be.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!