2018 Season Other Bowl Games Thread

Oklahoma has outplayed them since the first quarter

That game was over the second it was announced. Every time Oklahoma tried to get up off the ground, Alabama stomped on them. The Sooners never had a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to understand how truly dominant Bama’s win was consider this, Kyler Murry never took a snap down less than 18.

He took snaps when the game was both 7-0 & 14-0.

OU was never in the game.

OU was down 11 in the 3rd quarter. While I don't agree that OU outplayed Alabama after the 1st quarter (Alabama's offense was very efficient), it was an 11 point game in the 3rd quarter.

If you truly believe that they were never in the game at any point, remind me never to want you to be a football coach for my team...

Watching LSU vs. UCF. LSU has some seriously dirty and stupid D-backs. Multiple obvious targeting penalties and they keep trying to spear UCF players. Odd.

Forgot all about Snelson playing for UCF.

He's actually had a pretty good career it looks like.

YEAR REC YDS AVG LNG TD
2018 41 664 16.2 48 5
2017 46 695 15.1 61 8
2016 17 136 8.0 32 2

Forgot all about Snelson playing for UCF.

He's actually had a pretty good career it looks like.

YEAR REC YDS AVG LNG TD
2018 41 664 16.2 48 5
2017 46 695 15.1 61 8
2016 17 136 8.0 32 2

Seems like forever ago that Mr. Seldom flipped his commitment.

Did Rochelle Olsen tweet about Fitzgerald taking a pic with the Holiday Bowl trophy yesterday?

Big Ten West is 4-1!

Big Ten East is 0-2 with Penn State behind Kentucky 20-7 3:48 3rd Quarter. I don't know if McSorley was hurt (knee?). He is getting back into the game. Just got intercepted at 2:32. It is not looking good for Penn State and the Big Ten East in this 2018-2019 bowl series.

Wouldn't it be something if the Big Ten East is shut out? It is up to Penn State and Ohio State.

Dec. 26 - Quick Lane - Minnesota 34 Georgia Tech 10 W B1G W
Dec 27 - Pinstripe - Wisconsin 35 Miami 3 W B1G W
Dec. 28 - Music City - Purdue 14 Auburn 63 L B1G W
Dec. 29 - Peach - Michigan 15 Florida 41 L B1G E
Dec 31 - RedBox - Michigan State U 6 Oregon 7 L B1G E
Dec 31 - Holiday - Northwestern 31 Utah 20 W B1G W
Jan 1 - Outback - Iowa 27 Mississippi State 22 W B1G W
Jan 1 - Citrus - Penn State vs Kentucky
Jan 1 - Rose - Ohio State vs Washington

Last edited:

Big Ten West is 4-1!

Big Ten East is 0-2 with Penn State behind Kentucky 20-7 3:48 3rd Quarter. I don't know if McSorley was hurt (knee?). He is getting back into the game. Just got intercepted at 2:32. It is not looking good for Penn State and the Big Ten East in this 2018-2019 bowl series.

Wouldn't it be something if the Big Ten East is shut out? It is up to Penn State and Ohio State.

Dec. 26 - Quick Lane - Minnesota 34 Georgia Tech 10 W B1G W
Dec 27 - Pinstripe - Wisconsin 35 Miami 3 W B1G W
Dec. 28 - Music City - Purdue 14 Auburn 63 L B1G W
Dec. 29 - Peach - Michigan 15 Florida 41 L B1G E
Dec 31 - RedBox - Michigan State U 6 Oregon 7 L B1G E
Dec 31 - Holiday - Northwestern 31 Utah 20 W B1G W
Jan 1 - Outback - Iowa 27 Mississippi State 22 W B1G W
Jan 1 - Citrus - Penn State vs Kentucky
Jan 1 - Rose - Ohio State vs Washington

I think we were thinking the same thing once that Iowa game became final. It was a good Bowl season for the B1G West....not so much for the B1G East at this point.

Congrats to Kentucky's Snell but do the announcers realize how damn annoying they are with the constant "snell yeah" references? Find something else to say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Purdue out-perform some of its Big Ten counterparts. They had a Dr. Jekyll-Mr.Hyde season upsetting the likes of Ohio State, but were routed by the likes of Minnesota. Their true colors showed against Auburn. The talent gap was very obvious.

PSU clawing back into the game...

For some stupid reason Franklin decides to kick a FG down 6 instead of going for it on 4th and 5.

What is James Franklin gonna do without Trace McSorley? Minnesota will beat PSU next year. McSorley and Barkley made Franklin look good. McSorley covered a lot of mistakes. Won a lot of games because of him.

What is James Franklin gonna do without Trace McSorley? Minnesota will beat PSU next year. McSorley and Barkley made Franklin look good. McSorley covered a lot of mistakes. Won a lot of games because of him.

They are still more talented than us on paper, but I agree with you that McSorly and Barkley masked some of Franklin’s limitations. I think we saw that today, and I think the Gophers have a great shot.

Are they going to show 4 screens for this game the whole time?

Man, we gave OSU a lot better game than Washington has in the first half. UW looks overmatched.

Man, we gave OSU a lot better game than Washington has in the first half. UW looks overmatched.

Agreed.

It makes their performance vs Purdue all the more perplexing considering the beating Minnesota and Auburn put on them late this year.

GM

Unless Miles Sanders and Shareef Miller leave early, they will return 10 starters on O and 8 on D. They will be very tough even without McSorley.

Hopefully he will continue his perplexing ways of time out usage and FG decisions when down by 6. It will bode well for PSUs opponents.

Georgia looking bad vs a mediocre Texas team early on.

Clemson may just take it this year.

So a 9 to potentially 10 win team, with multiple wins over ranked teams is now considered mediocre?

Miami I felt was overrated along with all ACC (except Clemson). A 1 team conference.

I don't know how many teams in the Big 12 are actually good.
Beating Oklahoma is good if you think Oklahoma was top 4 team, but that's questionable right now.

Miami I felt was overrated along with all ACC (except Clemson). A 1 team conference.

I don't know how many teams in the Big 12 are actually good.
Beating Oklahoma is good if you think Oklahoma was top 4 team, but that's questionable right now.

If Oklahoma wasn't a top 4 team, then Georgia is. If they finish off Georgia tonight, then they've beaten them both.

Current Sagarin Rankings for Texas opponents:

Oklahoma - 5
West Virginia - 16
Iowa State - 37
TCU - 41
Texas Tech - 46
Southern Cal - 51
K-State - 52
Maryland - 57
Baylor - 63
Kansas - 93
Tulsa - 113

Big Ten West -
Iowa - 10
Wisconsin - 25
Northwestern - 32
Minnesota - 42
Purdue - 47
Nebraska - 54
Illinois - 109

If Oklahoma wasn't a top 4 team, then Georgia is. If they finish off Georgia tonight, then they've beaten them both.

If they beat, Georgia, yes, that's another good win.
My point is it isn't like their top wins against USC and TCU really mean much the way the season played out.

Texas' Sagarin is 22 right now. With a win over Georgia, that would get a good bump probably to where they are currently ranked.

Top Bottom