2018 Season Other Bowl Games Thread

Florida seems to have improved as the year has gone along under Mullen, but this is nowhere near a “good” team by Florida standards. Regardless of who Michigan was missing, the Wolverines should have been able to win this game. To get handled like they did would be very upset to me if I was a Michigan man. Harbaugh continues to under perform in Ann Arbor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm watching with the sound down. I saw the ruling on the field was that the ball was out of bounds. Is it similar to rulings on whether the ball has crossed the goalline on a touchdown?

I'm watching with the sound down. I saw the ruling on the field was that the ball was out of bounds. Is it similar to rulings on whether the ball has crossed the goalline on a touchdown?

They said the ball touched the sideline.

I was wondering the same thing. It looked to me like the nose of the ball was out of bounds but not the bottom. The ruling was not explained.

I was wondering the same thing. It looked to me like the nose of the ball was out of bounds but not the bottom. The ruling was not explained.

I can't believe they overturned it. No view showed for sure that the tip of the ball hit the ground in the white. Huge momentum call.

That was my view of it as well. I know sometimes it's where the feet are and sometimes where the ball is.

Lawrence has to play two more seasons before he can go pro. He looks like he's almost ready now.

I wondered a couple days ago whether G-Tech and Miami were indicative of the ACC and Clemson and, if so, was Clemson ripe for upset. Man was I wrong. Clemson's D-line looks dominant and their skilled positions on offense are top notch.

Times like right now I wonder how Ohio State wouldn't be playing Clemson better than Notre Dame is.

Clemson is crushing Notre Dame. I love it.

Jim Harbaugh has been at Michigan for four full seasons
0-4 against Ohio State
0 division titles
0 Big Ten titles
0-2 in NY6 bowls
1-3 in bowls overall (one loss by 4+ TD)
2-2 against Michigan State

The reason they didn't call a timeout is because if they don't get the first down on the 3rd down (which they didn't) and had to kick a long field (which they missed) that they wouldn't give Florida the ball with :30 seconds left in the half with good field position and a chance to add to their lead. Even if they made the FG I don't think they wanted to give the ball back to Florida with any time on the clock. Harbaugh wanted to be tied or down three at half, not down six. It seems like Harbaugh was playing defense while on offense. From what I watched, it looks like Michigan is a little over matched and is going to have a difficult time winning this game.

So with over 50 seconds left facing 3 and 8 (or there abouts, I forget the specifics) from about opponents 35 you play for a field goal? With the other team getting the ball to start the half? That would be terrible decision by Harbaugh. At that point in the game it had been pretty evenly played and Florida had not shown explosion on offense.

My wife's family are big ND fans so I watch most of their games. I don't really openly cheer for them but, you know, happy wife happy life. Anyway they're extremely talented but they're not very sound. Their offense always has trouble with turnovers. They make a ton of stupid mistakes. They get away with it when they're playing less talented teams.

And I feel like the coaches constantly put the players in tough situations. On Clemson's 2nd TD, they had their safety cover the slot guy one on one with no help over the top on 3rd and very long.

ND does not have the athletes to play with Clemson and it looks like they were not one of the 4 best teams.

Maybe Notre Dame should be treated like UCF and other non P5 teams. I didn’t think they were that good, and they clearly can’t even compete. Would have been better to see OSU or Georgia.

A little birdie said Notre Dame has sucked in major bowl games the past couple decades. At what point do the bowl committees stop overrating them?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Maybe Notre Dame should be treated like UCF and other non P5 teams. I didn’t think they were that good, and they clearly can’t even compete. Would have been better to see OSU or Georgia.

I agree. Georgia would smoke ND and Ohio St probably would as well. But God forbid undefeated ND gets left out.

A little birdie said Notre Dame has sucked in major bowl games the past couple decades. At what point do the bowl committees stop overrating them?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

When all the network ND arse kissers die. About 20 years.

UCF would smoke ND. Minnesota would give them a good fight. We might have better athletes.

Last edited:

Gotta give credit to Notre Dame for playing a schedule that would generally be equivalent to a major conference, yet without being required to play the toughest team in any given conference (no Clemson, no Ohio State, no Washington, no Alabama, no Oklahoma). There were no conference champions on their schedule. In the future, maybe the committee should only allow an independent in the CFP if the team is unbeaten and proven themselves by beating a Power 5 conference champion.

And people thought Oklahoma would have a chance lol

The semifinal games are such bull****. Everyone on the planet knew Alabama was gonna kill Oklahoma. Oklahoma can’t play defense and haven’t seen a defense like Bama’s. This damn committee should quit trying to placate conferences and simply put the four best teams in, which is what I thought they were supposed to do. Clemson, Alabama and Georgia were clearly three of the 4 best teams. Instead, we get to watch crap games once again.

Last edited:

CFP what a joke

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Regardless, the playoff is still better than just letting Clemson and Bama play.

Regardless, the playoff is still better than just letting Clemson and Bama play.

Agreed, because it takes out some of the B.S. of wondering if a team should have been in.

Just because the playoff is answering questions we might have and we don't like the answers, doesn't mean it isn't right to ask.

Top Bottom