2018 Season Other Bowl Games Thread

Miami kids have shot their mouths off cockily for years...I love seeing Wisconsin punching them right in the face.

Big Ten held out of the CFP two years in a row, so making an emphatic statement on national tv not all bad.

I don't know.... a good argument, BUT, running the play clock down and taking 2 knees inside your opponents 10 yard line makes a statement too. "We kicked your a**, and it isn't even worth it to ram another one down your throat."

Nah

If the gophers were in that position, I'd want Fleck to go for it.

I don't blame Wisconsin, actually, I respect them for going for it.
I bet over 20.5 for the second half....so I was a Badger fan for a split second when they decided to go for that final touchdown.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Khaki Blasingame just had a 65 yard TD run for Vandy.

He was temporarily a gopher commit in the 2014 class as a safety.

Wisconsin could have shown a little class by taking a knee with 13 seconds left on the clock and a 25 point lead, but no, gotta punch it in for 6 more.... but alas, it’s Wisconsin. What was their coaching staff thinking. Classless decision.

Apparently Buttliema left his cards when he left for the SEC.

Miami players were talking **** all game. I have no problem with it.

Just got home after being at the cheez-it bowl last night and for anyone that didn't watch or follow it, man was it ever a disastrous yet fascinating game.

This article sums up the complete offensive ineptitude hilariously.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/12/27/18157269/cal-tcu-cheez-it-bowl-2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The TCU SID getting the sideline interference penalty was bizarre. If they return that INT for a TD, would that penalty have negated the TD?

I talked our 2 year old daughter earlier today when we were playing. I think that means I could start on defense for a Big 12 team.

Baylor and Vandy all knotted up at 38 with lest than four minutes to play. Fans are being rewarded with a shootout after watching a boring 10-7 TCU win over Cal in OT.

Baylor and Vandy all knotted up at 38 with lest than four minutes to play. Fans are being rewarded with a shootout after watching a boring 10-7 TCU win over Cal in OT.

Brutal tackling by both teams. Vandy’s top RB averaged over 18 yards a carry but got just 13 carries.

Just got home after being at the cheez-it bowl last night and for anyone that didn't watch or follow it, man was it ever a disastrous yet fascinating game.

This article sums up the complete offensive ineptitude hilariously.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/12/27/18157269/cal-tcu-cheez-it-bowl-2018

I’m really sorry I missed that. The ESPN crew really had some fun with it. College football is awesome. Putting in the QB with the foot paralysis was a nice touch.

The game was on in the background and I caught an egregious face mask by I believe a Vandy player as the Baylor player was about to score.

Brutal tackling by both teams. Vandy’s top RB averaged over 18 yards a carry but got just 13 carries.

Keshawn Vaughn.

Rushed for over 700 yard for Illinois as a true freshman and over 500 as a sophomore. Transferred to Vandy. Kids a stud.

The TCU SID getting the sideline interference penalty was bizarre. If they return that INT for a TD, would that penalty have negated the TD?

After talking to colleagues in the program I don't believe it would since it is a dead ball penalty.

Last edited:

Wisconsin gets a first and goal from the Miami 2 with about 1:30 left in the game leading 28-3 and Miami with no timeouts. What do they do? Take a knee? No - two runs and a touchdown in the final seconds. I'm sure Miami fans are loving those stinking Badgers now.

Actually Miami had all 3 timeouts. The fact that they didn't use even one of them was as close to a "no mas" as you can get.

That said, Miami was pretty clearly doing a lot of "extra-curricular" stuff after the play for most of the second half, so f them. I don't think they enjoyed getting pushed around two years in a row. I'm actually surprised there wasn't a scuffle at some point, the Wisconsin OL was clearly pissed at what was happening to Taylor and the other RBs after the play.

But I think the main motivation was to get Taiwan Deal a TD. I won't bore Goofs with all the details of his travails, but the kid deserved to go out on a high note.

Keshawn Vaughn.

Rushed for over 700 yard for Illinois as a true freshman and over 500 as a sophomore. Transferred to Vandy. Kids a stud.

I think they said he was new-comer impact player of the year in both leagues? What's the story behind his transfer?

It looks like Purdue players simply aren’t ready for the weather they are encountering in Nashville.

21-0 Auburn up on Purdue early in the 1st quarter of the Music City Bowl.

Kinda sad Purdue got selected for this (from posts on here sounded like the bowl really advocated for Purdue).

Purdue's mid-season run is starting to look like a one-time fluke.

I understand why Music City wanted Purdue: not a bad drive for their fans whether they're in W. Lafayette, Indianapolis, Louisville or Chicago, haven't been there before, the draw of Brohm, etc.....but I would sell my Purdue stock due to the direction Minnesota & Nebraska appear to be heading, plus the way Northwestern seems to be rolling along.

Purdue is getting trounced. Ouch.

On pace to lose 112-28

Purdue is getting trounced. Ouch.

On pace to lose 112-28

I was just going to ask if Auburn can score 100 today. It's hyperbole, obviously. I actually think 60-70 could possibly be within reach if Purdue doesn't get their sh!t together ASAP.

Welp. 2-1 for the BIG after the Purdue blowout.

This game is not over.
With Jeff Brohm as coach they should still win.

Actually Miami had all 3 timeouts. The fact that they didn't use even one of them was as close to a "no mas" as you can get.

That said, Miami was pretty clearly doing a lot of "extra-curricular" stuff after the play for most of the second half, so f them. I don't think they enjoyed getting pushed around two years in a row. I'm actually surprised there wasn't a scuffle at some point, the Wisconsin OL was clearly pissed at what was happening to Taylor and the other RBs after the play.

But I think the main motivation was to get Taiwan Deal a TD. I won't bore Goofs with all the details of his travails, but the kid deserved to go out on a high note.

Yeah, I get why people think it was bad to score their. Letting a 5th year senior score in a bowl game isn’t something to get too upset by.

They were up 25 too. Not like they were up 60. Did people complain about army running it up on Houston?

There has been a Robb Smith sighting on the Purdue sideline.

There has been a Robb Smith sighting on the Purdue sideline.

It is pretty similar issue to Robb Smith.
They are running a scheme that relies on safeties tackling in space and Purdue’s safeties aren’t good enough to do it. Looks like MN vs Illinois/Nebraska/Maryland out there

Top Bottom