2018 Season Other Bowl Games Thread

Alabama Clemson, again — disgusting.

College football is grossly broken at the top. Zero parity. Same teams in the championship forever.

Will not watch the championship game. The product they want me to buy and consume — I refuse, until they fix broken college football and force parity.

Install a draft for the P5 (+ Notre Dame). Do something.

Install a draft? Maybe a top 5 ridiculous take- then again you own several in the top 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing Clemson vs Alabama again has made me reminisce a bit for the old pre-BCS bowl game era. Obviously there was a flaw to this arrangement having organizations vote for a National Champion. But, there was a classic pageantry to conference champions playing in specific bowls. You really looked forward to the New Year’s Day bowl games.

Here could be match-ups using the old system including the top 10 teams at the end of the year.

Rose Bowl - Ohio State vs Washington
Orange Bowl - Oklahoma vs Clemson
Sugar Bowl - Alabama vs Notre Dame
Fiesta Bowl - Georgia vs Michigan
Cotton Bowl - UCF vs Florida

In this scenario, Alabama probably crushes Notre Dame and wins the National Championship.

Seeing Clemson vs Alabama again has made me reminisce a bit for the old pre-BCS bowl game era. Obviously there was a flaw to this arrangement having organizations vote for a National Champion. But, there was a classic pageantry to conference champions playing in specific bowls. You really looked forward to the New Year’s Day bowl games.

Here could be match-ups using the old system including the top 10 teams at the end of the year.

Rose Bowl - Ohio State vs Washington
Orange Bowl - Oklahoma vs Clemson
Sugar Bowl - Alabama vs Notre Dame
Fiesta Bowl - Georgia vs Michigan
Cotton Bowl - UCF vs Florida

In this scenario, Alabama probably crushes Notre Dame and wins the National Championship.

That is exactly why we got the BCS. Because the best two teams, Clemson and Alabama wouldn't play each other. And its the exact reason we got the playoff, because there were 3 undefeated teams and that wasn't fair either. Notre Dame got their shot and they don't belong. We get to see the best two teams play for the championship. That's what I want.

The only way they could do that is if the players were employees of the ncaa or of the conferences. They aren’t even employees of the schools.

Won’t be long until players are paid. That lawsuit is rapidly approaching and they know they’re going to lose it.

Amateurism was conjured out of thin air so that old money, rich men wouldn’t have to compete against dirty, poor factory workers in sports. Colleges went with it for no good reason, but now it allows them to get rich without having to pay players. That era is coming to an abrupt halt.

That is exactly why we got the BCS. Because the best two teams, Clemson and Alabama wouldn't play each other. And its the exact reason we got the playoff, because there were 3 undefeated teams and that wasn't fair either. Notre Dame got their shot and they don't belong. We get to see the best two teams play for the championship. That's what I want.

Right ... but it shouldn’t be the same two teams every year!

I wonder if fans got sick of seeing Minnesota collect 5 national championships in 8 years back in the day...

Potential top 5 pick QB Herbert is 11 for 20 for 76 yards, 3.2 ypa and just badly underthrew a deep ball. Maybe they’ll go after Tyree Jackson.

MSU starting to grind Oregon. Looking good for Big Ten.

/s

MSU defense played well enough, holding Oregon offense well in check, offense looks flat, never got on track...

Michigan State proves the league should have placed them in the Quicklane Bowl.

Utah is getting Northwesterned.

Northwesterned = contempory verb for getting beat by seemingly physically inferior team.

Wow. I put a $30 live moneyline bet on NW when they down 20-3 for $hits and giggles. The odds had it set around +1300. That would be nearly a $400 win if they don't tank this.

Wow. I put a $30 live moneyline bet on NW when they down 20-3 for $hits and giggles. The odds had it set around +1300. That would be nearly a $400 win if they don't tank this.

Looks like you are a winner, my friend.

Nice. Happy New Year to you!

So far Big Ten West is holding up pretty good:

Dec. 26 - Quick Lane - Minnesota 34 Georgia Tech 10 W B1G W
Dec 27 - Pinstripe - Wisconsin 35 Miami 3 W B1G W
Dec. 28 - Music City - Purdue 14 Auburn 63 L B1G W
Dec. 29 - Peach - Michigan 15 Florida 41 L B1G E
Dec 31 - RedBox - Michigan State U 6 Oregon 7 L B1G E
Dec 31 - Holiday - Northwestern 31 Utah 20 W B1G W
Jan 1 - Outback - Iowa vs Mississippi State
Jan 1 - Citrus - Penn State vs Kentucky
Jan 1 - Rose - Ohio State vs Washington

MSU losing to Oregon in a heart breaker.

Last edited:

Oklahoma has outplayed them since the first quarter

They really didn’t, as Bama took their foot of the gas after the first quarter.

If you want to understand how truly dominant Bama’s win was consider this, Kyler Murry never took a snap down less than 18. As soon as OU would score to come within 11, Bama marched right back down the field and scored another TD. If it weren’t for the mercy plays at the end, where Bama took a knee three times at the goal line, the game would have ended with an 18 point lead.

OU was never in the game.

Top Bottom