2018 Season Other Bowl Games Thread

Many people felt a 1 loss conference champion in Ohio State should be in the playoff. Well they lost by 29 to this Purdue team. I think it diminishes the overall impression of the strength of the Big 10 around the country. You are entitled to your opinion, I just happen to disagree.

I didn’t think Ohio state should be in the playoff. They got the right 4 teams.
Can’t lose by 20+ to an average team.

I did think Ohio state should go before 2 loss Georgia should go. Georgia two losses and already proven to not be best team in the country by not being the best team in their own conference.

Purdue is losing some talent too.

I'm not seeing a Purdue rise from the ashes.

Agree. Their schedule is brutal next year IMO

Not in any order:
@northwestern
@wisconsin
@iowa
@penn state
@nevada

TCU
Nebraska
Minnesota
Vanderbilt

Maryland
Illinois
Indiana

When the second easiest game on your schedule might be an instate rivalry game...that’s a tough schedule.

Auburn could have put up 100 on Purdue if they'd kept their foot on the gas.....THAT was a whupping.

I guess Brohm didn't have his team ready for the moderate temperature in Nashville.

I almost feel bad for Purdue.

They looked really slow against that SEC speed.

Wonder how we would have done.
This is when a good old fashioned running game can keep things in check for a while.

I almost feel bad for Purdue.

They looked really slow against that SEC speed.

Wonder how we would have done.
This is when a good old fashioned running game can keep things in check for a while.

I’d pick auburn against Minnesota or Wisconsin. But think the game would be a 7-14 point game.

Auburn should’ve shown up against Tennessee this year. They’d be in the top 20

I didn’t think Ohio state should be in the playoff. They got the right 4 teams.
Can’t lose by 20+ to an average team.

I did think Ohio state should go before 2 loss Georgia should go. Georgia two losses and already proven to not be best team in the country by not being the best team in their own conference.

Had they not bumped Ohio State two weeks in a row despite wins both weeks maybe it would be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had they not bumped Ohio State two weeks in a row despite wins both weeks maybe it would be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting too if Ohio state got to do what Oklahoma got to do.
If Purdue has won the west and there been a rematch of Ohio state vs Purdue, I think Ohio state wins by 30+

But since Purdue is mediocre Ohio never got that chance.

WR 7 Zico, Isaac SR/TR 80 Burgess, Jarrett SR
WR 4 Moore, Rondale FR 33 Anthrop, Jackson RS SO
WR 12 Sparks, Jared RS SO 9 Wright, Terry SR/TR
LT 60 Swingler, Eric RS SR 55 Mendez, Michael RS JR
LG 75 Evans, Shane SR/TR 64 Edwards, Dennis GR/TR
OC 53 Barron, Kirk RS SR 56 Beach, Viktor RS FR
RG 64 Edwards, Dennis GR/TR 50 Yacoobi, Bearooz RS SR
RT 79 McCann, Matt RS JR 60 Swingler, Eric RS SR
TE 88 Herdman, Cole RS SR 89 Hopkins, Brycen RS JR
QB 11 Blough, David RS SR 2 Sindelar, Elijah RS JR
RB 1 Knox, D.J. SR 8 Jones, Markell SR

Purdue's offensive 2-deeps per ourlads.com, seniors bolded. Yeesh.

Almost everybody is back on defense...not sure if that's a good thing.

They could be worse than Illinois.

Ugly:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Iowa St getting screwed by the officials. Very bad targeting call and then a missed false start on Washington St's TD.

Washington State's defensive line is tiny. Surprised Iowa State doesn't just line up in two tight-ends and pound the snot out of them. Instead they line up in a 4 WR set and try to get fancy. Some times it seems like coaches just out think themselves.

Last edited:

Washington State's defensive line is tiny. Surprised Iowa State doesn't just line up in two tight-ends and pound the snot out of them. Instead they line up in a 4 WR set and try to get fancy. Some times it seems like coaches just out think themselves.

If you never use tight ends you aren’t going to start in the third quarter of the 13th game

If you never use tight ends you aren’t going to start in the third quarter of the 13th game

Yeah, but they had a month to watch film and prepare. The Cyclone running back is fantastic but Claeys, to his credit, is making sure the defense is never outmanned in the box.

Yeah, but they had a month to watch film and prepare. The Cyclone running back is fantastic but Claeys, to his credit, is making sure the defense is never outmanned in the box.

They don’t have a month to re-recruit the roster.
If you’re a good team and program...you don’t fundementally change your philosophy for one game.

If you’re a good team and program...you don’t fundementally change your philosophy for one game.

So, if I understand you correctly, you're saying coaches are powerless to exploit a team's weakness based on an existing roster. Specifically, they can't find enough blockers to outnumber smaller defenders. OK.

Miami players were talking **** all game. I have no problem with it.
Miami players cheap ****ting and mouthing all game. Don't blame them for running up score, Miami ran their mouths and earned it.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

So, if I understand you correctly, you're saying coaches are powerless to exploit a team's weakness based on an existing roster. Specifically, they can't find enough blockers to outnumber smaller defenders. OK.

I’m saying if you play spread football all year and don’t use tight ends you aren’t going to change for a bowl game.
I’m saying you don’t completelt change your fundementally offensive philosophy for a bowl game unless your name is tim Brewster.

It’s fine. You’re really smart so you are definitely right.

I’m saying if you play spread football all year and don’t use tight ends you aren’t going to change for a bowl game.
I’m saying you don’t completelt change your fundementally offensive philosophy for a bowl game unless your name is tim Brewster.

Stop with the you’re smarter than everyone else schtick.

So the Gopher have no chance of stopping the GT triple option because you can’t just rebuild a defense either....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What about defense? Fleck said they changed they entire scheme to stop the GT triple option and players were playing different positions. Look at Coughlin - there were a few plays where he was 30 yards downfield. The announcer referred to him as a safety on one play.

What about defense? Fleck said they changed they entire scheme to stop the GT triple option and players were playing different positions. Look at Coughlin - there were a few plays where he was 30 yards downfield. The announcer referred to him as a safety on one play.

They didn’t really change the defense that much if you watched them play. They changed keys a lot, but you do that every week. They had some guys move positions. They didn’t create new positions. Congrats to Pj for getting fans to buy into the coach talk

Florida Michigan game will be used as a measuring stick for the conference. But it shouldn’t be. Both teams playing without some guys.

Florida Michigan game will be used as a measuring stick for the conference. But it shouldn’t be. Both teams playing without some guys.

Michigan is missing 4 starters I believe. It's a good chance to let some of the young guys get experience.

Top Bottom