2018 Season Other Bowl Games Thread

Purdue looks bad. Plug Minnesota ahead of them in the 2019 West Power Rankings.

It is pretty similar issue to Robb Smith.
They are running a scheme that relies on safeties tackling in space and Purdue’s safeties aren’t good enough to do it. Looks like MN vs Illinois/Nebraska/Maryland out there

Auburn is bigger and faster which doesn’t help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purdue has allowed passing plays of 40, 52 (TD), 66 (TD) and 74 (TD) just 18 minutes into the game.

Baylor and Vandy all knotted up at 38 with lest than four minutes to play. Fans are being rewarded with a shootout after watching a boring 10-7 TCU win over Cal in OT.

It was a fun game to watch. Announcers mentioned Rhule guaranteed a bowl game at some point in the preseason. Not totally going out on a limb, but Baylor looked pretty brutal for most of 2017.

Care to amend that statement? :p

Brees could come in as QB for the rest of the game and it wouldn't matter.

Perhaps a Mercy Rule would be in order. Purdue is way overmatched and way behind. 42-7 now with 12 minutes left in the 2nd Quarter.

THE PUNTER CAN'T EVEN GET IT RIGHT!

Last edited:

21-0 Auburn up on Purdue early in the 1st quarter of the Music City Bowl.

Kinda sad Purdue got selected for this (from posts on here sounded like the bowl really advocated for Purdue).
Serves the Music City Bowl Committee right. They passed over a team with a better record (Wisconsin) and a team that thrashed Purdue 41-10 head to head (Minnesota). Both of those teams smacked their bowl opponents around and now Purdue is getting smacked around.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Muahhahahahahahahha

42-7 Auburn

Tipped pass at the Line goes right into a D Ends hand and he returns it for 6.

100 isn't out of the question. Still 12 minutes left in the first half.

Auburn might cover the game total by themselves before half

Serves the Music City Bowl Committee right. They passed over a team with a better record (Wisconsin) and a team that thrashed Purdue 41-10 head to head (Minnesota). Both of those teams smacked their bowl opponents around and now Purdue is getting smacked around.

I get passing us. We are way behind them in conference standings. But if they really passed on Wisconsin it is strange.
Wisconsin beat them head to head.
Wisconsin has better overall record.
Wisconsin has same conference record.
Wisconsin travels better.

Probably the big ten had something to do with it. Trying to get diversity of what bowls people appear in.

And Purdue goes 3 and out

Time of Possession

Purdue - 14:34
Auburn - 4:59

Insult to injury.. Auburn going for it on 4th and 3 up 42-7 and converting with 9 minutes left in the first half

Honestly, I am glad we faced GT instead of Auburn. This game illustrates just how wide the talent gap is that separates the B1G West from the SEC West.

That last TD drive took way too much time off the clock for Auburn...they might not hit 100 now. I bet the message board fans are pissed

Insult to injury.. Auburn going for it on 4th and 3 up 42-7 and converting with 9 minutes left in the first half

Trying not to run up the score by not kicking field goals.

Honestly, I am glad we faced GT instead of Auburn. This game illustrates just how wide the talent gap is that separates the B1G West from the SEC West.

This game says a lot about Auburn vs Purdue.
Doesn’t say anything about Nebraska vs ole miss.

Auburn =/= SEC
Purdue =/= big ten

Auburn = auburn
Purdue = Purdue

Honestly, I am glad we faced GT instead of Auburn. This game is illustrating the talent gap that separates the B1G West from the SEC West.

Purdue's defense has been terrible all year though. 2nd worst in the conference to Illinois.

I believe Purdue loses a lot on offense after this year too.

This is bad enough that it could stick out and be remembered around the water coolers of the country. Purdue? Weren’t they that team that lost by 75 in that bowl game? Bowl losses are normally not that big of a deal but this is ridiculous enough to be a lingering talking point about Purdue’s progress as a program.

I was really worried about the Gophers and the direction of the program after the Illinois game. It was really easy to compare with Purdue and Brohm as he came in at pretty much the same time as Fleck. They had a big statement win over OSU in front of a packed home stadium. I was jealous. Plenty more chapters to be written in this book but right now I am a big enough man to admit I was wrong. Purdue... yikes. Totally out of their league today and I am not sure there is a program in the country that could do something like this to the Gophers right now.

As long as you’re not reading too much into one game. Do you work for ESPN? Purdue is playing in a game that they didn’t belong against a talented team that vastly underachieved and decided to show up today.

49-7 with time for another Auburn score before half.

Purdue / B1G fans on twitter are seeing lightning strikes near the stadium.. calling for cancellation & no contest

Purdue / B1G fans on twitter are seeing lightning strikes near the stadium.. calling for cancellation & no contest

Everyone in the big ten west should be cheering for auburn to score 100

Purdue's lack of running game hurt them towards the end of the year. Their O-line looks overmatched.

Top Bottom