2018 Season Other Bowl Games Thread

If you are trying to make the case that the B1G West is equivalent to the SEC West in any way, I would strongly disagree. I submit to you that this game is evidence of that.

I’m not.
SEC west is better than Big Ten East or west.

Alabama > Northwestern
LSU > Iowa
Texas A&M < Wisconsin
Mississippi State > Purdue
Auburn > Nebraska
Ole miss < minnesota
Arkansas < Illinois

I am just saying that this game being a blowout certainly doesn’t mean Iowa doesn’t have a chnace against Mississippi state. This game is a bad matchup for Purdue. Purdue would be best matched ip against a finesse team...especially if not playing at home. Purdue is just flat out bad post Ohio state game.

Auburn beat Mercer by 14
Purdue lost to Eastern Michigan

Purdue is the 3rd place team in the big ten west, but at the end of the season I’d argue they were playing like the 6th best team in the west ahead of only Illinois.

Auburn 5th in the west but they’re 2-3 against top 20 teams. Haven’t lost to a mediocre team since October.

This just shows the closing of the talent gap between the Southern Conference and the SEC West

I’m not.
SEC west is better than Big Ten East or west.

Alabama > Northwestern
LSU > Iowa
Texas A&M < Wisconsin
Mississippi State > Purdue
Auburn > Nebraska
Ole miss < minnesota
Arkansas < Illinois

I am just saying that this game being a blowout certainly doesn’t mean Iowa doesn’t have a chnace against Mississippi state. This game is a bad matchup for Purdue. Purdue would be best matched ip against a finesse team...especially if not playing at home. Purdue is just flat out bad post Ohio state game.

We will see what happens with Iowa, I predict a loss by 14 points or more.

BTW A&M would blow out Wisconsin, their strength is run D and look what they did to Bellima’s Ark team year in and year out.

This just shows the closing of the talent gap between the Southern Conference and the SEC West

Exactly. Looking at one game to judge an entire conference is stupid.
Is the MAC better than the big ten. Eastern Michigan beat Purdue.

The SEC west is the best division in college football and the SEC is the best conference. The gap isn’t nearly as large as many would have you think.

Purdue is the 8-9th best team in the Big Ten
Auburn is the 9-10th best team in the SEC

Auburn is crushing Purdue.
Thus proving that Missouri is better than penn State.
Dumb

I just turned this on, and the refereeing seems questionable... Big face mask not called against Auburn, offsides not called against Auburn, and a play that should have had offsetting personal foul calls that received no flag.:..

Plus the officials awarded Auburn 8 TDs

We will see what happens with Iowa, I predict a loss by 14 points or more.

BTW A&M would blow out Wisconsin, their strength is run D and look what they did to Bellima’s Ark team year in and year out.
Not even going to debate you.
Texas A&M blowing out a bad Arkansas team last year proves they’d beat Wisconsin this year?
What are you talking about.

Serves the Music City Bowl Committee right. They passed over a team with a better record (Wisconsin) and a team that thrashed Purdue 41-10 head to head (Minnesota). Both of those teams smacked their bowl opponents around and now Purdue is getting smacked around.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

+41

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just tuned into the Music City Bowl to see how many points Auburn can rack up. I usually root for all Big Ten teams in bowl games, especially against the SEC, but Purdue fans were super smug and a bit too big for their britches in advance of their game against Minnesota this year, and the Fleck detractors here were carrying such a bright torch for Brohm that same week that it's a hoot to watch them get stomped.

Auburn is just on another level. Too fast.

And it certainly wasn't a case of Purdue not anting to be there.

Honestly, I am glad we faced GT instead of Auburn. This game illustrates just how wide the talent gap is that separates the B1G West from the SEC West.

More so it shows the dearth of defensive talent recruited by Brohm.

Auburn is just on another level. Too fast.

And it certainly wasn't a case of Purdue not anting to be there.

To me is isn’t speed. It’s strength. Manhandled up front on both sides of the ball.
Big ten should’ve matched up Purdue against a pac 12 team.

Auburn has had perennial top 10 recruiting classes vs Big Ten worst Purdue. Not that surprising they’re losing but this is really more of an Iowa vs Stanford Rose Bowl demolition. It says more about Auburn underperforming in the SEC vs how overrated Purdue might be. If it follows script Auburn will ease up and let Purdue score some pride points late.

When Auburn pulls the starters will they also open the playbook back up to get the young guys some experience in the passing game?

Big Ten west was outscoring opponents 69-13 before today...

...and we’re back to an even 76-76!!!

I was just going to ask if Auburn can score 100 today. It's hyperbole, obviously. I actually think 60-70 could possibly be within reach if Purdue doesn't get their sh!t together ASAP.

I thought Auburn scoring 100 today was hyperbole too but they are already at 63 with over 7 minutes left in the third. Purdue has to have just quit by now. This is a bloodbath. If the way Miami played was unacceptable what is this?

I just tuned into the Music City Bowl to see how many points Auburn can rack up. I usually root for all Big Ten teams in bowl games, especially against the SEC, but Purdue fans were super smug and a bit too big for their britches in advance of their game against Minnesota this year, and the Fleck detractors here were carrying such a bright torch for Brohm that same week that it's a hoot to watch them get stomped.

For me, it wasn't the fans. It's that the media has ass kissed Brohm and Purdue continuously since the Ohio State upset. Even after the Gophers routed them. It got old.

To me is isn’t speed. It’s strength. Manhandled up front on both sides of the ball.
Big ten should’ve matched up Purdue against a pac 12 team.

It's definitely speed. Purdue's DB's just can't run with Slayton, Whitlow or Schwartz. Schwartz holds a world record in track for his age group. Auburn has 4 guys with at least a 30 yard catch including 66 yarder from Whitlow, a 74 yarder from Slayton and a 52 yarder from Slayton.

It's definitely speed. Purdue's DB's just can't run with Slayton, Whitlow or Schwartz. Schwartz holds a world record in track for his age group. Auburn has 4 guys with at least a 30 yard catch including 66 yarder from Whitlow, a 74 yarder from Slayton and a 52 yarder from Slayton.
Doesn’t matter if you have all American corners and safeties if you never get a pass rush and you d backs have to play the run because your front 7 gets overwhelmed.

I thought Auburn scoring 100 today was hyperbole too but they are already at 63 with over 7 minutes left in the third. Purdue has to have just quit by now. This is a bloodbath. If the way Miami played was unacceptable what is this?

They've actually slowed down a bit...

Oh hey, Blough getting them back into the game!

I guess I don’t understand why Minnesota and Wisconsin should be embarassed by this game.
Also don’t understand why Vanderbilt should be proud of it.
IMHO, such a monumentally poor showing by a conference team reflects poorly on the conference.

Purdue scores! Tale of two halves...?:p

Not even going to debate you.
Texas A&M blowing out a bad Arkansas team last year proves they’d beat Wisconsin this year?
What are you talking about.

Well, I was more referring to the fact that even thought they played against Bama, Clemson, LSU, and Auburn, they still exceed Wisconsin in all offense and defense statistical categories, not the least of which having the number 2 rush defense.

On other item to correct is that A&M is actually tied for #2 in the SEC West with LSU, but A&M beat LSU head to head.

I suppose Oklahoma State feels ashamed of TCU’s offense
Many people felt a 1 loss conference champion in Ohio State should be in the playoff. Well they lost by 29 to this Purdue team. I think it diminishes the overall impression of the strength of the Big 10 around the country. You are entitled to your opinion, I just happen to disagree.

For me, it wasn't the fans. It's that the media has ass kissed Brohm and Purdue continuously since the Ohio State upset. Even after the Gophers routed them. It got old.

I'm sure Brohm will blame the elements and not Auburn for the outcome of today's game.

Purdue is losing some talent too.

I'm not seeing a Purdue rise from the ashes.

Top Bottom