2018 Season Other Bowl Games Thread

They didn’t really change the defense that much if you watched them play. They changed keys a lot, but you do that every week. They had some guys move positions. They didn’t create new positions. Congrats to Pj for getting fans to buy into the coach talk

You’re saying tight end is a new position? Or are you saying spread teams are unable to utilize different offensive formations depending on down and distance? Thanks in advance coach.

Do you watch them play? They don’t typically attack with tight ends. Philosophically their coach doesn’t believe in creating extra gaps and then blocking them. He thinks you move people out of the box by spreading them out.
No idea what their roster makeup is, but they’ve not been a line it up and smash you team in the past. A coach isn’t going to change his philosophy.

You’re saying tight end is a new position? Or are you saying spread teams are unable to utilize different offensive formations depending on down and distance? Thanks in advance coach.

Not saying tight end is a new position. I was talking about our defense.
Saying Iowa State doesn’t typically use tight ends the way the guy I was responding to wanted them to. And that their coach wasn’t going to change his philosophy for one game. He didn’t.

Not saying tight end is a new position. I was talking about our defense.
Saying Iowa State doesn’t typically use tight ends the way the guy I was responding to wanted them to. And that their coach wasn’t going to change his philosophy for one game. He didn’t.

You’re asserting they have several tight ends on the scholarship roster but don’t intend to use them as such. Ok, maybe you’re right.

Good grief! The ISU game has been over for two days now. Move on.

Edit: Game was over about 12-13 hours ago. Still time to move on.

Last edited:

Holy crap Michigan, take a timeout at the end of the half. Teams consistently try to get plays off when they have timeouts to burn and waste precious time. Almost as much as they waste downs by spiking the ball when they have time to run plays.

Do you watch Iowa State games?

Dude, I've been to six Iowa State games in person this year. You're way over your skis in thinking you have some grand insight into Iowa State's offense and how it's used. Here's some insight for you: TE Chase Allen was second team All-Big 12 in 2017 after catching four balls all year for a grand total of 39 yards. He is used primarily as a blocker, and a devastating one.

Holy crap Michigan, take a timeout at the end of the half. Teams consistently try to get plays off when they have timeouts to burn and waste precious time. Almost as much as they waste downs by spiking the ball when they have time to run plays.

The reason they didn't call a timeout is because if they don't get the first down on the 3rd down (which they didn't) and had to kick a long field (which they missed) that they wouldn't give Florida the ball with :30 seconds left in the half with good field position and a chance to add to their lead. Even if they made the FG I don't think they wanted to give the ball back to Florida with any time on the clock. Harbaugh wanted to be tied or down three at half, not down six. It seems like Harbaugh was playing defense while on offense. From what I watched, it looks like Michigan is a little over matched and is going to have a difficult time winning this game.

If it is considered a hot take to say a team without tight tends is going to continue to play without tight ends, then you’re welcome

Don't they have some extra lineman they could line up as a TE to add blockers?

Michigan not dong the B1G any favors today.

Michigan not dong the B1G any favors today.

No.

Florida is supposed to be from the weak half of the SEC, are they not?
And Michigan is supposed to be that Big Ten team who you almost could have argued could have been close to the CFP.

Just a note for future reference, to win the CFP, not only should you win the Big Ten, you should dominate every game in doing so and then pair off against Alabama.

There is the dagger. 3rd and very long (20) near midfield, Michigan gives up the TD... 34-13... The Peach Bowl is over for Harbaugh and Michigan.

There is the dagger. 3rd and very long near midfield, Michigan gives up the TD... 34-13... The Peach Bowl is over for Harbaugh and Michigan.

If MN plays in the BT Championship game in the near future, I hope they play MI. Harbaugh is pure garbage in big games.

If MN plays in the BT Championship game in the near future, I hope they play MI. Harbaugh is pure garbage in big games.

They are missing a lot today. Not saying they would be in it or win, but 4 starters all expected to be drafted is a lot to lose

Jimmy embarrassed the B1G. The snobs of Ann Arbor must be getting a little perturbed.

They are missing a lot today. Not saying they would be in it or win, but 4 starters all expected to be drafted is a lot to lose

Not only the physical presence on the field, also leadership and all the little things that carries a team.

Harbaugh rumored for Jets job.

Maybe worth taking a look at....

Florida Michigan game will be used as a measuring stick for the conference. But it shouldn’t be. Both teams playing without some guys.

Your a hot mess. Yesterday Purdue vs Auburn was only about Purdue vs Auburn and not indicative of the separation of the talent gap between the conferences. Now it’s not only Purdue vs Auburn but also Michigan vs Florida.

The more you ignore the facts, the more you undermine your credibility.

Your a hot mess. Yesterday Purdue vs Auburn was only about Purdue vs Auburn and not indicative of the separation of the talent gap between the conferences. Now it’s not only Purdue vs Auburn but also Michigan vs Florida.

The more you ignore the facts, the more you undermine your credibility.

I don’t understand what you are arguing.
I have already said the SEC is stronger than the big ten. I’m just saying you can’t cherry pick games to say certain conference never have a chance.

Michigan has a terrible offense and a defense missing 4 guys and got their butts kicked.
Purdue was overmatched and I made money on the game.
Does this mean Ohio state couldn’t beat Georgia? No
Does this mean penn State can’t beat Kentucky? No
Does this mean Iowa can’t beat Mississippi State? No

In fact, Virginia crushed South Carolina. That doesn’t mean the middle of the ACC is better than the middle of the SEC.
Baylor beat Vanderbilt. That doesn’t mean the bottom of the big 12 is better than the bottom of the SEC.

SEC is clearly the number one conference in the top third for a number of year now.
Middle third of the conference i’d argue the big 12, big 10, and sec have all been best in the middle depending on the year.
Who really cares about the bottom third but Rutgers might be the worst major conference team.

I think it is a philosophy thing. They’ve built a team that is all power and discipline. This means they almost never lose to teams less talented than them but almost never beat teams more talented than them if the other team takes care of the ball. Especially if you’re talking about line talent.

Holy cow. Left at halftime of the MI/FL contest to run errands. Entertaining close game to that point with seemingly equal talent. Got home to see MI got their butt kicked. I assume turnovers were involved.

Top Bottom