2018 Season Other Bowl Games Thread

Honestly, I am glad we faced GT instead of Auburn. This game illustrates just how wide the talent gap is that separates the B1G West from the SEC West.

I think the opposite. I would relish that matchup or another shot at MIZZOU.

This game says a lot about Auburn vs Purdue.
Doesn’t say anything about Nebraska vs ole miss.

Auburn =/= SEC
Purdue =/= big ten

Auburn = auburn
Purdue = Purdue

Well, considering Auburn is the 5th placed team in the SEC West, and Purdue is the 3rd placed team in the B1G West, I think it re-enforces that there is an extreme talent disparity.

Auburn took a timeout to stop the clock up 42 with 3 minutes left in the 1st half.

They might hit 60 before half. 56 now...

Jezzez effing Xmas. Auburn puts up 56 in half and it's not done yet.

Last edited:

What's scary is the projection after one quarter was 112-28.

After two quarters it will be 112-14

I'm watching this game like a horror show. It's so shocking that it's riveting.

Well, considering Auburn is the 5th placed team in the SEC West, and Purdue is the 3rd placed team in the B1G West, I think it re-enforces that there is an extreme talent disparity.

Auburn beat Mercer by 14
Purdue lost to Eastern Michigan

Purdue is the 3rd place team in the big ten west, but at the end of the season I’d argue they were playing like the 6th best team in the west ahead of only Illinois.

Auburn 5th in the west but they’re 2-3 against top 20 teams. Haven’t lost to a mediocre team since October.

I just turned this on, and the refereeing seems questionable... Big face mask not called against Auburn, offsides not called against Auburn, and a play that should have had offsetting personal foul calls that received no flag.:..

HJfk58T.gif

What an amazing half. I'm not really sure I've ever seen anything quite like it.

Baby steps.

Auburn was 3-5 in conference. I'd like Gophs chances in that match up. Really have to get over this mentality to always hope for decidedly weaker bowl match ups or hoping top seven teams in B1G have down years so Gophs have a chance to beat them.

Auburn might get one last play on offense...

Good chance Purdue finally stops them on a drive ;)

What an absolute embarrassment to Purdue and for that matter the Big 10. I wonder how Purdue fans feel at this moment about Brohm staying?

Nice bowl-placement, Big Ten.
I figured this would be a blow-out, but this is the most unprepared I have ever seen a coaching staff for a bowl game.

What an absolute embarrassment to Purdue and for that matter the Big 10. I wonder how Purdue fans feel at this moment about Brohm staying?

I guess I don’t understand why Minnesota and Wisconsin should be embarassed by this game.
Also don’t understand why Vanderbilt should be proud of it.

Nice bowl-placement, Big Ten.
I figured this would be a blow-out, but this is the most unprepared I have ever seen a coaching staff for a bowl game.

Would’ve been better to put Wisconsin in this game, gophers in New York, and Purdue in Detroit.

I wonder what Ohio State fans think of this Purdue team now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read their game day thread. They aren't happy (duh) and they all promise to become big Bama fans. Made me laugh. And some guy from Louisville is on their trolling them. Its hilarity...

Auburn beat Mercer by 14
Purdue lost to Eastern Michigan

Purdue is the 3rd place team in the big ten west, but at the end of the season I’d argue they were playing like the 6th best team in the west ahead of only Illinois.

Auburn 5th in the west but they’re 2-3 against top 20 teams. Haven’t lost to a mediocre team since October.

If you are trying to make the case that the B1G West is equivalent to the SEC West in any way, I would strongly disagree. I submit to you that this game is evidence of that.

I knew I should have set my DVR. Damnit!

Comparing the TOP to the score is pretty jaw dropping...

Top Bottom