North Carolina Central must not have offered these services to non-jocks!

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Congress needs to be involved.

Wow and just to think that if they just paid their players and took fake classes things would have been just fine! Unfortunately, it says Nccu on the front of their jersey and not UNC or KANSAS!

Ncaa just looks worse everyday. Just like Mark Few is arguing, What does it matter to lets say kansas, if they beat gonzaga this year for Ncaa championship and then four years from now vacate it. Doesn't do anything for gonzaga. I say let's just put up our final four banner anyways! What's Ncaa gonna do? Oh wait, they might give us the death penalty for that!

This is disheartening. Nobody wants to be a fan of a team that competes in a sham association. What's the point of caring or even paying attention?

UNC got busted. Cleveland State got the death penalty. Everything is right with the world.

I think the shaming needs to increase. No more asterisks next to records or on championship banners. Everything that mentions a team with violations has to have a large CHEATERS tag. Maybe the cluster that is the NCAA (No Common_sense Applied Again) would be willing to actually punish a blue blood as long as championships aren't vacated or money returned. Let's not let the travesty of the UNC ruling be forgotten. That should be raised in Eckert press conference the NCAA ever has.

I think the shaming needs to increase. No more asterisks next to records or on championship banners. Everything that mentions a team with violations has to have a large CHEATERS tag. Maybe the cluster that is the NCAA (No Common_sense Applied Again) would be willing to actually punish a blue blood as long as championships aren't vacated or money returned. Let's not let the travesty of the UNC ruling be forgotten. That should be raised in Eckert press conference the NCAA ever has.

Part of the problem I think is that this is bigger than the NCAA and all it's hypocrisy. There is an unspoken conspiracy with the media and I expect sponsors, shoe companies, etc. who have vested interests in the big boys avoiding real punishment. I've thought for a few years now and I am still convinced it's true that we are quickly heading toward college sports being divided into two groups: one essentially a semi-pro minor league with no rules or standards, and another that takes education combined with sports seriously. Essentially, Power 5 and a few others and the rest. We're seeing it creep in through increased numbers of conference games, which will limit mid majors chances at the tourney, conference driven networks, and a completely different set of standards for big players and small ones on the administrative level. It will destroy the tournament as we know it, but could generate a pile of extra revenue for the big guys. Every time the NCAA pulls something like this, it digs another scoop of earth for its own grave. They are remarkably tone deaf. Good riddance.

Part of the problem I think is that this is bigger than the NCAA and all it's hypocrisy. There is an unspoken conspiracy with the media and I expect sponsors, shoe companies, etc. who have vested interests in the big boys avoiding real punishment. I've thought for a few years now and I am still convinced it's true that we are quickly heading toward college sports being divided into two groups: one essentially a semi-pro minor league with no rules or standards, and another that takes education combined with sports seriously. Essentially, Power 5 and a few others and the rest. We're seeing it creep in through increased numbers of conference games, which will limit mid majors chances at the tourney, conference driven networks, and a completely different set of standards for big players and small ones on the administrative level. It will destroy the tournament as we know it, but could generate a pile of extra revenue for the big guys. Every time the NCAA pulls something like this, it digs another scoop of earth for its own grave. They are remarkably tone deaf. Good riddance.

Very good summary of the collegiate athletic landscape.

Top Bottom