Quinn Oseland will transfer to San Jose State

Congrats and best of luck!

It's crazy how time flies. My wife and I attended the Gophers-Rutgers men's basketball game at the Barn early in 2015, and I ran into Oseland at the concession stand - he was here for his official visit. I remember thinking how cool/exciting it was for him to be committed and visiting here, particularly when he had 15 listed Power 5 offers (including Oregon, MSU, and his home state Illini).

Now, already, he's been here 4 seasons and is gone after barely seeing the field that entire time. It literally feels like it was yesterday.

So if Cooper is maroon shirted, 13 o-linemen on scholarship this fall? That is assuming Dickson gets eligible and no one else leaves the program. Look for three o-linemen to be added to commit list this final week.

Gets perfect weather and Brent Brennan is a nice guy and a great receivers coach, but will be on a major hot seat nexr year as a HC.
I remember posters claiming Oseland would start as a true freshman. Then he barely sees the field.
Good luck with the Spartans.

I like his bio:

2018 • JUNIOR SEASON: Competed against New Mexico State • played against Purdue.

Guess the film showed he played hard against NMSU but mailed it in against Purdue.

Seriously though, I wish him luck. As pointed out, he was a bit "get" for the Gophers as a recruit and he did contribute at times. Just didn't end up being one of the top 6 or 7 this year.

Started two games in 2017, at LG and RT. Only saw action against New Mexico St. and Purdue this year.

Three-star recruit when he came out of Illinois, rated #68 T by 247 and #97 by ESPN. For comparison's sake, Andries was rated #37 and Olson #48 in their classes by 247.

Hate to see anyone go, but it certainly looked like his chances of seeing the field here have passed.

Best of luck to him.

JTG

Best of luck! I recall him getting some back up time in 2016 because of injuries and thought he did well, if I recall correctly. Obviously did not win the starting job over Greene and Schlueter in 2017.

Best of luck! I recall him getting some back up time in 2016 because of injuries and thought he did well, if I recall correctly. Obviously did not win the starting job over Greene and Schlueter in 2017.

2017 • SOPHOMORE SEASON: Started two of the the eight games he played in • helped protect for an offense that rushed for 2,189 yards and 20 touchdowns and passed for 1,513 yards and nine scores • offensive line allowed only 22 sacks and 62 tackles for loss • Academic All-Big Ten. Game-by-Game: Competed at Oregon State • made his first career start at left guard against Middle Tennessee • saw extensive action as a reserve guard against Michigan State and helped provide coverage for team to pass for 216 yards and three touchdowns • competed on special teams against Illinois and at Michigan • started at right tackle against Nebraska and blocked for an offense that rushed for 409 yards (eighth most in school history) and six touchdowns (most since 2013) • saw action as a reserve at Northwestern • competed against Wisconsin.

Top Bottom