Washington Denies Transfer Rumors

GopherLady

Reaction score
Instead of speculating, I just asked him. Why not go right to the source?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z5P0RoF8ajA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think rumors is the wrong word. Transfer talk seems applicable. Plenty of people on here and other media platforms have predicted he would transfer, many of them within this season.

I think rumors is the wrong word. Transfer talk seems applicable. Plenty of people on here and other media platforms have predicted he would transfer, many of them within this season.

Most people are idiots.

if I were IW, I’d deny the rumors too even if it were true. I don’t think anyone is going to say, “Yes, I’m transferring.” during a postgame press conference.

Someone explain what bad "body language" he does (speaks?)? Is it bad if you don't walk like you're in front of a drill sergeant?

If it's something happening behind closed doors like chronically not making eye contact when a coaches are talking to him, then I might buy it.

Pitino should just say: "I'm putting him on the bench until he proves to me he can play better."

Last edited:

It was a good question, to give him a chance to knock down the speculation. Not that it'll stop people from speculating, but you'll never do that.

Yup.

Nice job giving voice to faceless pukes on a message bird by asking that question

I think it's a perfectly valid question, and kudos to Nadine for asking. My question is, it's not possible Nadine is the only reporter who's been wondering the same thing, is she? So why not ask? Washington is a big boy, seems to be pretty mature, he can handle it.

just a really odd question if you ask me....a post game press conference sort of question? I don't think so.

even if he was/is considering transferring he isn't going to say yes in this situation. its like asking that question its almost like you want to start some drama/distractions for this team

Is this comment like, "We have complete confidence in Coach Defilippo!"?

Yeesh, way to START transfer rumors outside of a speculation fueled reactionary fan message board.

Next time why don't you demand to know from Michael Hurt if is brother is coming here.

Hard hitting questions there, Acosta.

I'm disappointed she asked it. Then put it on twitter as if it was some hard interview question. Nadine does a great job and service to the University of Minnesota, this is not an example of it.

Google Isaiah Washington Transfer... Ryan James referenced it from last year is the only thing I can find. Until now, his response has been quoted several times but I've not seen the question yet (probably because others realize how stupid it was). There were no rumors other than this little cesspool of overreactions. My hope is that Isaiah wasn't aware of any "transfer rumor" before this, however, now he thinks there are. I fear he googled it and likely read the bull**** we've got on this board calling him garbage.

They are college athletes, improve your best.

That type of question is why players and coaches hate the press. Gives legs to stupid speculation from a couple of random posters.

I'm disappointed she asked it. Then put it on twitter as if it was some hard interview question. Nadine does a great job and service to the University of Minnesota, this is not an example of it.

Google Isaiah Washington Transfer... Ryan James referenced it from last year is the only thing I can find. Until now, his response has been quoted several times but I've not seen the question yet (probably because others realize how stupid it was). There were no rumors other than this little cesspool of overreactions. My hope is that Isaiah wasn't aware of any "transfer rumor" before this, however, now he thinks there are. I fear he googled it and likely read the bull**** we've got on this board calling him garbage.

They are college athletes, improve your best.
I think its neccesary given the vibe from coach. And father Pitino brought it up obliquely preseason. To me he sounded like early stages running off a player.
And Richard merely complained about IW in the post game interview. I both hate and love the question. I'd rather see it asked to Pitino.

I think its neccesary given the vibe from coach. And father Pitino brought it up obliquely preseason. To me he sounded like early stages running off a player.
And Richard merely complained about IW in the post game interview. I both hate and love the question. I'd rather see it asked to Pitino.

Why should it be asked at all? I fail to see the point in asking ANY player about a baseless rumor in a postgame interview.

Why should it be asked at all? I fail to see the point in asking ANY player about a baseless rumor in a postgame interview.
Did you hear Pitino's postgame comments? Was that really the moment to complain about your point guard?

Pitino is so weird with Washington. Not sure why so much blame for an unbalanced roster falls on IW. Seems to hate how he plays, hate his attitude and resent him when he does well

Did you hear Pitino's postgame comments? Was that really the moment to complain about your point guard?[/QUOTE

I'm sure he has had this conversation with Isaiah countless times. I think he has generally been very positive about Isaiah - comments throughout the summer were that Isaiah was doing things the right way. Maybe a little odd for Coach to bring up the negative in this situation, not sure.

Unless there is some inside information, I don't follow the logic of bringing up transferring to Isaiah during a press confetence.
Smacks to me of being a little too eager to ask the "tough" questions.

Yeesh, way to START transfer rumors outside of a speculation fueled reactionary fan message board.

Next time why don't you demand to know from Michael Hurt if is brother is coming here.

Hard hitting questions there, Acosta.

Agreed. Kid has a great game and you ask him about transferring in this setting? That's not good.

Did you hear Pitino's postgame comments? Was that really the moment to complain about your point guard?

I just see it as tough love. My take was that he doesn't want him to get complacent over one great game. He is trying to keep the focus on the bigger picture and get him to understand it comes down to habits, not stats in a game

I just see it as tough love. My take was that he doesn't want him to get complacent over one great game. He is trying to keep the focus on the bigger picture and get him to understand it comes down to habits, not stats in a game

This, exactly. I remember Pitino talking in similar fashion about Mason as an underclassman. I'm sure Pitino has had a personal conversation with IW where he was complimentary.

Also don't forget that just a week ago Pitino was basically defending IW when people were asking about his body language. Pitino said he gets the criticism but he thinks it was overblown.

Pitino basically said he made great decisions last night. To get to the next step, he wants to see this to start getting consistent. Nothing wrong with those comments. We all just assume that washington and pitino only communicate through the post game presser. Im sure they talked after the game and im sure pitino told him he had a great game. Hey, who knows they may even talk today in practice and we won't know what they said. Pitino just wants him to get better with his decision making and last night was great!

Some hard hitting journalism from GL. Hope you got the engagement you wanted on your social posts

I assume the relationship between a Coach and his/her Point Guard is much like a Coach and their QB. Lots of communication, discussion of leadership, challenging each other and hopefully finding mutual respect and success.

I'm not a fan of the question because I think he's going to deny it either way. And like others have said, I would call it speculation from a few rather than rumors.

Top Bottom