Several U Football Players Face Discipline

So glad I scanned through 8 pages of this thread for a big fat load of nothing. Thankfully the board has found an excuse for another Fleck vs. Claeys pissing match based on little to no information. What a waste of time.

So glad I scanned through 8 pages of this thread for a big fat load of nothing. Thankfully the board has found an excuse for another Fleck vs. Claeys pissing match based on little to no information. What a waste of time.

Actually, you should have learned that between 6-8 players are being suspended. You shouldn’t scan so fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People can hate Dougie all they want, but there is more to the story and he has it. He and several others in the media who have the same information are not going to get into the lurid details without solid confirmation, which of course isn't coming from the U yet. But details will come in time. They always do. Just maybe not as fast as you would like.

Thank you, Billy M. Your history of solid, unbiased posts makes me think you know more about this situation than you’re letting on and are responsibly holding back your knowledge.

Actually, you should have learned that between 6-8 players are being suspended. You shouldn’t scan so fast.

Yeah I had that after about the first couple posts.....then it just went on and on with no info.....oh well

People can hate Dougie all they want, but there is more to the story and he has it. He and several others in the media who have the same information are not going to get into the lurid details without solid confirmation, which of course isn't coming from the U yet. But details will come in time. They always do. Just maybe not as fast as you would like.

Thought you'd be hibernating under your rock this time of year

Certainly hope he's right.

Darren Wolfson @DWolfsonKSTP

How so? This is pretty minor, all things considered. I am surprised, sort of, that the 'U' failed to get out in front of.

7:19 PM - 11 Dec 2018

How so? This is pretty minor, all things considered. I am surprised, sort of, that the 'U' failed to get out in front of.

I appreciate the dig at the U for its inability to handle it's own PR. It would be great to have an AD who knows what he/she is doing.

That’s pretty far fetched. What are the odds that a B1G AD wouldn’t realize they should get in front of something minor with the (somewhat) recent history at the “U”.

Who is the Sports Editor at the Tribune? This is at best a story idea from unnamed sources, about an undetermined number of players who did something. With out the details or confirmation from either Coach Fleck or The AD you do not publish. At least that was Journalism when I was in school.

I appreciate the dig at the U for its inability to handle it's own PR. It would be great to have an AD who knows what he/she is doing.

That’s pretty far fetched. What are the odds that a B1G AD wouldn’t realize they should get in front of something minor with the (somewhat) recent history at the “U”.

You think that the idea that "This is pretty minor, all things considered." is far fetched?

You think that the idea that "This is pretty minor, all things considered." is far fetched?

Not at all. I have no clue one way or the other. I was commenting more on (and agreeing with) Doogie’s dig at Coyle.

I suspect Coyle will be indefinite "throw everyone but me under the bus" mode.... that is let the fire and coach's burn until he decides he HAS to do something.

I have never once commented on Claeys’ weight. EDIT: I may have joked about his weight long after it was occurring to get people like you riled up, can’t remember but it sounds like something I would do.

I have commented on how he was completely in over his head as evidenced by his total inability to handle anything correctly from a PR standpoint following the incident reports. That’s old news.

Also on record two years ago saying the administration handled it poorly.

Regardless of what admin does, if Fleck turns this into a major national news story that reflects poorly on the university and then publicly embarrasses his AD.
I maintain that he will be fired. Do you disagree?

Kinda extrapolating a little?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Too much partying after Badger road kill???....:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

I'll drink to the party, but not the high falootin'. :drink:

Last edited:

Sounds like some guys partied too hard after the Wisconsin win and may have used some illegal substances.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.
That was gonna be my guess. Just wish they would legalize weed and be done with it being criminal. So many college kids smoke it you can smell it walking down street in dinkytown.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

That was gonna be my guess. Just wish they would legalize weed and be done with it being criminal. So many college kids smoke it you can smell it walking down street in dinkytown.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

I wonder if anyone ever failed the pre-employment urine test by walking past the mj smog.

If it is the reefer we're talking about here, it will be ironic that the game is being played in a state where at kickoff, such actions are perfectly legal.

I'll be baked for sure there. So will everyone in my family I'm with. It's the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit for God's sake.

If it is the reefer we're talking about here, it will be ironic that the game is being played in a state where at kickoff, such actions are perfectly legal.

I'll be baked for sure there. So will everyone in my family I'm with. It's the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit for God's sake.

Brilliant analysis. Traveling to states where its legal is really fun.

Like clockwork. A positive is once again followed up by a something to garner bad press.
Looks like Difficult Conversations is on the breakfast menu.

Gophers just need to recruit more Rastafarians. Then they can claim they were smoking for religious reasons.

I guess if we can avoid a player boycott I'm good...

One of those in a lifetime is enough...

Gophers just need to recruit more Rastafarians. Then they can claim they were smoking for religious reasons.

I had to look it up. Im probably in the minority but just in case:

Ras·ta·far·i·an
/ˌrastəˈferēən/
noun
plural noun: Rastafarians
a member of the Rastafarian religious movement. Rastafarians have distinctive codes of behavior and dress, including the wearing of dreadlocks, the smoking of cannabis, the rejection of Western medicine, and adherence to a diet that excludes pork, shellfish, and milk.

Sucks, but next man up. Sounds like it's being handled internally and that's all I think we can really ask for.
Kids are kids. They're going to mess up sometimes. I'm happy that Fleck is putting them on guardrails.
Rather see them miss a game now than have bigger problems later.

Really wish we would stop posting this muckracking crap from the Star Tribune though.
Their entire sports desk is just full of crappy people saying crappy things.
"Someone did something at the U of M and it's probably negative."
Just a bunch of low-life hacks they are.

Really wish there was another option. Wouldn't be hard to put together a better newspaper for Minneapolis.

Last edited:

So I just went 15 pages deep to decipher some players might have done something and something might happen?

Top Bottom