Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Okay. So I am heading to Detroit and am not one to let the truth get in the way of a good story but does anyone actually know if any players didnít travel? That would seem like a logical place to begin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it matter?
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    Vegas might care who is playing...
    So what. What idiot bets real money on college football.

Quote Originally Posted by caliGopher View Post
    Agree this is a non-story. That wonít stop the press from trying. Of course insisting on not addressing it as a non-story until a week and a half later is either arrogant or stupid. Both only attract more attention, which is why itís lingering. My guess is the papers in town have the info at this point and, true to form, will make a bigger deal out if this tomorrow or Wednesday morning to cash in on timing.

This is a minor annoyance to the fan base and more of the same to casual fans. Just another self inflicted wound.

Bwah hah hah, heh heh, ho ho

Who is talking about this other than the usual suspects? Without divulging private information any further comments will onlyfuel the jackals and the usual reactionaries here and in the Tribune comment section (which is only marginally more likely to jump to conclusions).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    Without knowing any details, not sure why you are insisting it's "stupid." Outside of us die-hards on GH and the media, I seriously doubt most of Minnesota is dying to know who is not playing.

Also, I've had the thought that the U's reaction might be dictated by the lawsuit from the sex scandal. Have no idea of the actual merits of that case, but maybe somebody decided a policy of saying nothing eliminates some quote that could be used in court later on.
    Addressing it does not require naming names or saying what they did.

Iím not insisting itís stupid, but from the perspective of basic, generic PR, standpoint youíve lost control of the story in the press. That is not smart. You can decide what you want to call it. I call it stupid because it was an unnecessary self-inflicted wound (minor, but as reported Fleckís a little frustrated it got in the way of talking about the class on signing day.

All that was needed was issuing a statement that says - reports are overblown. Had a violation of team rules. All discipline will be handled internally.

Because if the way the admin bungled the scandal in 2016, you need to add - this doesnít involve criminal activity (which Fleck has done).

A competent administration would have done all these things. Minnesota has lacked that for longer than Iíve been alive.

If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

Quote Originally Posted by caliGopher View Post
    Addressing it does not require naming names or saying what they did.

I’m not insisting it’s stupid, but from the perspective of basic, generic PR, standpoint you’ve lost control of the story in the press. That is not smart. You can decide what you want to call it. I call it stupid because it was an unnecessary self-inflicted wound (minor, but as reported Fleck’s a little frustrated it got in the way of talking about the class on signing day.

All that was needed was issuing a statement that says - reports are overblown. Had a violation of team rules. All discipline will be handled internally.

Because if the way the admin bungled the scandal in 2016, you need to add - this doesn’t involve criminal activity (which Fleck has done).

A competent administration would have done all these things. Minnesota has lacked that for longer than I’ve been alive.

Ok, but he’s said all these things and we’re still talking about. And, the media will surely seize on any prominent missing players.

I just hope the announcers do not spend the entire broadcast reviewing every recent player incident. Let's focus on the players who are on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...-positive-test

Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    You are turning into a troll!

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    Spoofing never has been nor will be a troll. He's as loyal a Gopher fan as anyone- don't always agree with him but his heart is gold

Me thinks a mountain has been made out of a molehill.

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    Interesting take. Pages and pages have been devoted to this thread and topic on here over the past couple weeks. Much of the discussion about whether the U should have or should not have stayed silent versus addressing it in the media. Now, in one evening two high profile teams have similar situations and chose the exact opposite approach as the U did and multiple people seem upset that is being raised. Troll? Give me a break.

Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Question time. Has there been any change in drug testing policy and enforcement either by the NCAA, the Bowl Committees or Federal Organizations?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "The significant problems we face can not be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein

The Strib continues to have a clear agenda against the Gophers, and now Fleck is giving them the middle finger. There's nothing wrong with that.