Several U Football Players Face Discipline

Another long winded thread that brilliantly displays the infinite wisdom and logical judgement of the GH community.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! Not sure how you got that take away, but knock yourself out. If it makes you feel better to think the only reason I'd be pissed as hell that Coyle has no spine, no integrity and no mortality is because of Tracey Claeys, have at it. It might be because his inability to do his job hurts the University of Minnesota and is hurting our current coach. Fleck is a big boy, but we have enough problems without the AD pouring gas on the fire every chance he gets no matter how small or irrelevant the flames are.

And speculation on what would or would not have happened with anyone coaching a year later is as weak-kneed and spineless as Coyle himself.

I'm happy we're going bowling. I'm still concerned that Coyle's failure to do his job and support his coach hurts the University.

As for the rest of your drivel, read the previous posts and you might find out why I mentioned Claeys salary. Just because he was let go, and justifiably so, doesn't mean we should re-write the reality of the situation when he's gone so we can feel better about the piss-poor way our jack wagon of an AD handled himself and the situation.

First of all, your extreme hatred for Coyle makes you look mentally unhinged. It isn't healthy for someone to exhibit that much hatred for a person they don't even know. People who do know Coyle seem to like him a lot. That goes for the Board of Regents as well as the coaches who work for him. Coyle is probably going to be the U's AD for the next decade or two. It is going to be interesting to see if you can keep your hatred going for that long.

Secondly, if you knew what you are talking about you would know the people at the U making the decisions about what to say about this matter and when to say it don't work in the AD's office. No college in America would allow their AD to make a public statement about student disciplinary matters without clearing it with the General Counsel's office. If Coyle isn't saying anything right now that is because his superiors at the U won't let him say anything.

Last edited:

I certainly don't understand or agree with how PJ and Coyle have chosen to deal with this issue. "PJ will be available to the media on Dec 19th" That's signing day...let's just welcome the new guys with conversation on discipline and suspensions. That'll impress everybody.

You can discipline players without punishing the innocent players and fans. Don't agree with not allowing these guys to practice, unless they are in fact off the team permanently?

500 questions, we'll deal with them on signing day. Hey!!! Let's bring in Kool and the Gang and we'll all sing Celebration....thanks for joining our program.

First of all, your extreme hatred for Coyle makes you look mentally unhinged. It isn't healthy for someone to exhibit that much hatred for a person they don't even know. People who do know Coyle seem to like him a lot. That goes for the Board of Regents as well as the coaches who work for him. Coyle is probably going to be the U's AD for the next decade or two. It is going to be interesting to see if you can keep your hatred going for that long.

Secondly, if you knew what you are talking about you would know the people at the U making the decisions about what to say about this matter and when to say it don't work in the AD's office. No college in America would allow their AD to make a public statement about student disciplinary matters without clearing it with the General Counsel's office. If Coyle isn't saying anything right now that is because his superiors at the U won't let him say anything.

Thanks Mrs Coyle. I don’t hate Mr. Coyle. I think he’s incompetent. I think he was a bad hire. If the Admin at the U likes him, that only confirms my thinking - and I’m sure Kaler loves him given his boot-licking behavior to protect Kaler in the winter of 2016.

What I do have for Mr. Coyle is a total lack of respect for him and have not seen him do anything that suggests he has integrity, or a clue. But hey, so far he hasn’t texted anyone about mega-tongue (which probably keeps your home life happier, so I’m thankful for that) so there’s that. By lowering the bar so low early in his tenure, by being merely run of the mill incompetent he looks like he’s improved.

When he speaks he usually creates confusion, so yeah, keeping him under wraps is probably a good idea, but the public vacuum of leadership he displays is a problem, whether you want to believe it or not.

You don’t need general counsel to say, “there have been reports in the media regarding some of our student athletes. A handful of players are being held out of practice due to a violation of team rules. The discipline is being handled internally and we’ll have no further statement regarding this situation”.

Simple. Removes mystery and speculation that something bigger may have happened, and acknowledges media reports. It is basic PR

Usually the AD or coach would do this. Assuming there is nothing substantial to this, and the timing, Coyle could put this to bed or allow PJ Fleck to do it and be over. Instead? We get uncertainty, arrogance, and speculation.

The hallmark of every great AD is to let public speculation and the press define the story.

Oh wait, no it’s not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Not sure how you got that take away, but knock yourself out. If it makes you feel better to think the only reason I'd be pissed as hell that Coyle has no spine, no integrity and no mortality is because of Tracey Claeys, have at it. It might be because his inability to do his job hurts the University of Minnesota and is hurting our current coach. Fleck is a big boy, but we have enough problems without the AD pouring gas on the fire every chance he gets no matter how small or irrelevant the flames are.

And speculation on what would or would not have happened with anyone coaching a year later is as weak-kneed and spineless as Coyle himself.

I'm happy we're going bowling. I'm still concerned that Coyle's failure to do his job and support his coach hurts the University.

As for the rest of your drivel, read the previous posts and you might find out why I mentioned Claeys salary. Just because he was let go, and justifiably so, doesn't mean we should re-write the reality of the situation when he's gone so we can feel better about the piss-poor way our jack wagon of an AD handled himself and the situation.

Lucky Coyle! He's going to live forever! I knew that Highlander was a documentary! I wonder what Coyle's sword is like.

Thanks Mrs Coyle. I don’t hate Mr. Coyle. I think he’s incompetent. I think he was a bad hire. If the Admin at the U likes him, that only confirms my thinking - and I’m sure Kaler loves him given his boot-licking behavior to protect Kaler in the winter of 2016.

What I do have for Mr. Coyle is a total lack of respect for him and have not seen him do anything that suggests he has integrity, or a clue. But hey, so far he hasn’t texted anyone about mega-tongue (which probably keeps your home life happier, so I’m thankful for that) so there’s that. By lowering the bar so low early in his tenure, by being merely run of the mill incompetent he looks like he’s improved.

When he speaks he usually creates confusion, so yeah, keeping him under wraps is probably a good idea, but the public vacuum of leadership he displays is a problem, whether you want to believe it or not.

You don’t need general counsel to say, “there have been reports in the media regarding some of our student athletes. A handful of players are being held out of practice due to a violation of team rules. The discipline is being handled internally and we’ll have no further statement regarding this situation”.

Simple. Removes mystery and speculation that something bigger may have happened, and acknowledges media reports. It is basic PR

Usually the AD or coach would do this. Assuming there is nothing substantial to this, and the timing, Coyle could put this to bed or allow PJ Fleck to do it and be over. Instead? We get uncertainty, arrogance, and speculation.

The hallmark of every great AD is to let public speculation and the press define the story.

Oh wait, no it’s not.

Coyle is too busy out there raising the remaining funds for the Athlete’s village. I’m sure he has been doing great at that, right?

I certainly don't understand or agree with how PJ and Coyle have chosen to deal with this issue. "PJ will be available to the media on Dec 19th" That's signing day...let's just welcome the new guys with conversation on discipline and suspensions. That'll impress everybody.

You can discipline players without punishing the innocent players and fans. Don't agree with not allowing these guys to practice, unless they are in fact off the team permanently?

500 questions, we'll deal with them on signing day. Hey!!! Let's bring in Kool and the Gang and we'll all sing Celebration....thanks for joining our program.

How are the innocent players being punished? The fans are also being punished? Another what are you even talking about?

Coyle is too busy out there raising the remaining funds for the Athlete’s village. I’m sure he has been doing great at that, right?

He's also pretty busy filling up the arenas and stadiums for our revenue sports teams.

How are the innocent players being punished? The fans are also being punished? Another what are you even talking about?

I laughed out loud when I read that post.

You're being punished because some college football players, unnamed, will be possibly suspended for a football game that you are going to watch on TV.

Cant wait to see Coyle's face when the repo man shows up to take back the athletes village, new golf practice facility, new wrestling practice facility, new mariucci locker room, new track stadium. Gonna be awesome.

This doesn't just apply to caliGirl. She's got about 100 close friends on this site.

Smartest, most thought-out post in this entire thread. Nicely done.

I’m sure he is. Just ask his wife.

Another long winded thread that brilliantly displays the infinite wisdom and logical judgement of the GH community.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice to see you doing your part! :D

I keep checking this thread to see 1. Who violated team rules 2. what were the team rules that were violated

But, unfortunately each time I check it's just more bickering about the AD, media, and everything and anything else.

Hopefully this time the A.D. doesn't recommend suspending twice as many players as are actually involved in whatever it is. Oh and then say that Fleck completely "agrees with him" even if P.J. doesn't.

Then if Fleck is asked directly about it, some people will want P.J to say that he does want suspend the not involved players. Because you know, some people wouldn't want him to embarrass his A.D.

This is a factual sarcastic take. That is gonna make Some Guy very angry. This is his thread and his agenda. Everyone else should stay out.

I keep checking this thread to see 1. Who violated team rules 2. what were the team rules that were violated

But, unfortunately each time I check it's just more bickering about the AD, media, and everything and anything else.

You parked to close to my parking spot today....

*prepares for bickering*

I see we are in full-on "blame the highest person in the department" mode mixed in with a few "the media is bad when they tell me things I don't want to hear" people, and that's all well and good. Don't want to stop anyone from their crusade so I'll keep it brief.

Does anyone know what actually happened?

I see we are in full-on "blame the highest person in the department" mode mixed in with a few "the media is bad when they tell me things I don't want to hear" people, and that's all well and good. Don't want to stop anyone from their crusade so I'll keep it brief.

Don't forget there has also been some name calling.

You forgot people complaining about people having opinions, and opinionating their opinion is obviously a more valid opinion.

You forgot people complaining about people having opinions, and opinionating their opinion is obviously a more valid opinion.

Well, that's just, like your opinion, man.

Sorry, but this is the U's fault, for refusing to acknowledge it and put out a statement. They don't necessarily have to name names, or detail the specifics. But at least acknowledge it, and state if the players will miss the bowl game or not, and if there are any impending investigations (school, MPD, or otherwise).

Sorry, but this is the U's fault, for refusing to acknowledge it and put out a statement. They don't necessarily have to name names, or detail the specifics. But at least acknowledge it, and state if the players will miss the bowl game or not, and if there are any impending investigations (school, MPD, or otherwise).

One would think if it was “nothing” ie minor drugs or alcohol or grades a statement would have already happened. Then again, if it were more a more serious situation there’s no way the media folks would sit on it as they claim (I don’t believe them) and the legal guys are more heavily involved.

So it’s an enigma at the moment. Perhaps 6-8 players “or more” maybe suspended for the bowl, maybe less/more, for a “known” but minor issue (the media is sitting on a bombshell as they frequently do :rolleyes:).

What will today bring?

The short attention spans of internet trolls has already caused them to move on to other things. Outside of this thread I really don't see any chatter about this anywhere. I'm sure there will be some article later today about TJ Robinson decommitting so Gosh, Dougie appears to have moved on as well.

Ummm.... yeaahhh.... did you see the memo? I can get you a copy of it if you'd like. But.... aaahhh... could you make sure to put the cover sheet on the TPS reports from now on. Yeaah.. that'd be great, thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think the U will address this after signing day. They don’t want to give credence to anything until everyone is locked down.

This thread is heading for the usefulness level of oops...wrong forum

Top Bottom